Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Prime Junta

I'm not privy to any discussions between staff. The original message was written by Infinitron, and Crooked Bee was also on the thread from the start. Bubbles was brought in a couple of messages later.

Incidentally, the AoD thing came up on it (I didn't mention it in my first draft). Here's what I had to say about it:

I haven't played AoD. I did buy it but couldn't make it past puttering about in the starting village. That's why I would feel very uncomfortable making comparisons to it, although the thought did occur to me.

Ultimately I decided that it would be unfair to VD not to mention it at all, given the focus on C&C that both games have, so I added the nod to it. I attempted to formulate it as neutrally as I could, but clearly did not succeed. Had I been informed of the butthurt it caused, I would have been happy to remove the reference, but once the cat was out of the bag I figured it was too late. I don't like post-publication changes unless it is to correct clear factual errors, and then only with a note at the end about the change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Bubbles and someone else who I shall not specify (...)

So that question of who did is still out there.
Hmm I wonder who would go and get a neutral positive obsidian fan and a tyranny steam key together.
I agree, it's hard to tell.

Infinitron won't let me add this to the OP, but Tyranny also offers in-game items as pre-order DLC: (...)

Let's hope we get an official answer on the possibilities of optional customizability of the UI. It would make errrybody happy, and it's probably not hard to implement.

Spread the message !

Infinitron already made a post in the official thread to ensure that inXile would do just the opposite: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?p=175452#p175452

That on-screen tips and hints are compared to quest logs only shows how far into the decline we are.

Truly we are in the abyss.

No, that's just Infinitron.

Can't wait for the "wait and see" dumbfucks to show up again.

Come on, tell us how that's not dumbing down and how we need more proof.

The part that Bubbles didn't quote provides some proof.

Yes, I can close the pop-up after it has opened. That doesn't change the fact that it's telling me how to beat the encounter.

Bubbles said:
Looks like Infinitron is keeping secrets from us. Typical.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...intment-cancelled.110327/page-81#post-4712500

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Infinitron claims another victim:

backstab.gif

Drax

Arcane
And again, once again, I'm going to stick my neck out for the sake of Codex' well-being, by revealing just a small glimpse of what happened behind the scenes in regards to Prime Junta's review. I suppose this could get me banned, or possible expelled from the Inner Circle, but since when has that ever stopped me?

Prime Junta's review was "submitted". Nothing was said, in what I read, about "asking him" to review the game. If that's true -- if he was supposedly asked to do the task -- it must have been in a PM or on Steamchat or something like that. So that question of who did is still out there.

Furthermore, in the back-and-forth that occurred prior to the review being "approved", Bubbles and someone else who I shall not specify argued mildly about the very issue at the core of this deal: whether or not Junta should have made comparisons to AoD despite never having played more than 15 minutes of the game and, more specifically, whether it was appropriate to include that portion based on what I would perceive to be 'Codexian standards' for our reviews. Bubbles put up a good argument as to why that portion should be removed or at least reworded, but unfortunately for whatever reason, it wasn't done.

Should Bubbles have done what he did and posted the review as-is for a total of about five minutes out of what I guess to be frustration with Prime Junta and his apparent intractability on the issue (I'm speculating here)? No, but he did remove it right away after probably having come to his senses.

Prime Junta's the one who chimped out IMO and even stamped his own doom by tagging DU to nuke him. Yet now we sit here in this nice little shit pool that Junta himself filled up with his two fuckups while Bubbles says fuck it I'm out.

Sickening!

I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.

Lol, what a fag. OMG SOMEONE WROTE SOMETHING I DISAGREED WITH I'M OUT OF HERE FOR EVER AND EVER. Go jerk off for a while, son.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Lol, what a fag. OMG SOMEONE WROTE SOMETHING I DISAGREED WITH I'M OUT OF HERE FOR EVER AND EVER. Go jerk off for a while, son.
You don't know the whole story, it's not hard to see there was a conflict between Infinitron and Bubbles but Infinitron is higher in the hierarchy ("Infinitron won't let me") so if Codex staff has to choose between the two they choose Infinitron.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
so if Codex staff has to choose between the two they choose Infinitron.

I don't think you'll be able to find a single staff member who'd like to see Bubbles go, while you can certainly find one or two who thinks this place would be better off without the 'tron. So yeah, you're pretty much an idiot, aren't you?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
so if Codex staff has to choose between the two they choose Infinitron.

I don't think you'll be able to find a single staff member who'd like to see Bubbles go, while you can certainly find one or two who thinks this place would be better off without the 'tron. So yeah, you're pretty much an idiot, aren't you?

Prime Junta

Prime Junta and his apparent intractability on the issue (I'm speculating here)

Gotta set the record straight here (again): I did not know of any controversy about that statement before Bubbles leaked the review. Had he mentioned it to me, I would have been happy to rephrase it or drop it altogether; I was ambivalent about including it in the first place and do not consider it in any way central to the review.

Edit: also, again: I was asked to review it, not the other way around, and Bubbles was on the PM thread about it. I went over it, and if Crooked Bee, Bubbles and Infinitron think it would help clear the air, I have no objections to publishing the whole thing. It was altogether dull and drama-free as such threads go.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Gotta set the record straight here (again): I did not know of any controversy about that statement before Bubbles leaked the review. Had he mentioned it to me, I would have been happy to rephrase it or drop it altogether; I was ambivalent about including it in the first place and do not consider it in any way central to the review.
Are you saying it's infi's fault?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

If that's true then why did you attempt to commit suicide ragequit Codex?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Edit: also, again: I was asked to review it, not the other way around, and Bubbles was on the PM thread about it. I went over it, and if Crooked Bee, Bubbles and Infinitron think it would help clear the air, I have no objections to publishing the whole thing. It was altogether dull and drama-free as such threads go.

It not being central to the review is precisely why I didn't think it was worth going to the trouble of asking you to change it. I was just going to slightly alter it (to "pre-medieval-themed") and post the review. A mistake, maybe, but I wasn't expecting Bubbles to explode over it. Nobody was. It wasn't his review!

Drax

Arcane
That's what happens when people think the things they write here matter.
If you don't like something in a review, you write your own, and if you don't have privileges to post in front page, YOU POST IT IN WHEREVER, you don't go trying to change other people's shit.
Again, typical eurofag.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You fled with tears in your eyes but you won't really specify why. Now you're still here with your innocent lamb act while everyone else is wondering why Bubbles left.

It might go a long way towards ending this conflict if you'd -- oh, I don't know -- maybe admit you had a little something to do with the stupidity all around?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom