Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Elder Scrolls has the longest story?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim?

and which has the most replayability ?

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Daggerfall is almost like an ARPG in first person mode. You spend most of the time in randomly generated dungeons collecting random loot. For this reason I'd vote for daggerfall for replay value... But honestly I don't think any TES game has much in the replay department due to the character and skill systems.

As far as plot goes does it matter? No one plays scrolls games for the main plot... Because the writing blows. I guess I would side with daggerfall again. It lacks lore aspects that was in morrowind, but its the only game in the series that doesn't use the retarded 'you are Jesus reborn' plot.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
All of TES are very replayable. No idea who has the longest story, but i found Morrowind's the msot compelling.

Beastro

Arcane
Daggerfall prolly. Lot's of running around, especially through some nasty dungeons.

pippin

Morrowind has been praised many times for how unique it is, but you can finish it in 12 minutes :M

Siobhan

Arbiter
Which Elder Scrolls has the longest story?
Which Might & Magic has the most romance options?
Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite, which one has the more surprising story twist?
Which one has more tactical combat, X-COM: UFO Defense or UFO: Enemy Unknown?

Excerpts from the Book of Interrogative Oxymorons

Friday.13

Educated
Morrowind has been praised many times for how unique it is, but you can finish it in 12 minutes
Can finish it very fast still better than have to watch about 10+ hours of cutscene before finish it though.

DraQ

Arcane
Morrowind, for it spans over three millennia.
wleljd.jpg

(Most complex will probably be Daggerfall, though)
Why is Arena not on op's list? That's the only one ive finished.

most prolly because daggerfall does everything that arena and then some more
Also, Arena has a "story" rather than story.
Seriously - "big bad broke the only artifact capable of thwarting his plan into X pieces and spread them across the land, collect the pieces and beat the big bad" does not a plot make.
:rpgcodex:

Turjan

Arcane
Morrowind has been praised many times for how unique it is, but you can finish it in 12 minutes :M
Isn't that unique enough :D?

Granted, to pull that off you have to have a pretty profound knowledge of the game and probably need some trials to get the spell effects just right. Which is a pretty awesome task in and itself.

I guess the answer to the OP's question is Daggerfall, as has been mentioned.

rado907

Savant
Elders Scrolls have story? All I remember is romping around.

I mean the first one had a volcano, the second one had portals and unicorns, and the third one had dragons and vikings, but who gives a shit.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I mean the first one had a volcano, the second one had portals and unicorns, and the third one had dragons and vikings, but who gives a shit.
Then -1 had loud ghosts and -2 had riddles and a lot of land. Number zero had a lot of bare tits.

Longest story? As in most complex? Daggerfall. Just longest - Arena. Travelling around, crawling in dungeons, yay! I still remember that dungeon with shitton of magic eating wraiths. Or they just lobbed fireballs?

Tom Selleck

Arcane
How on earth are Oblivion & Skyrim replayable when you can do everything you want and have every skill and kill every mudcrab in one playthrough? Does anyone replay them to see what happens if you side with Wolffag instead of Romanfag? Or like collect all the nirnroots at the beginning instead?

Sykar

Arcane
Morrowind has no plot? What? It had a nice plot twist actually midway through and the "big bad guy" was not as big and bad as one thought during gameplay.

How on earth are Oblivion & Skyrim replayable when you can do everything you want and have every skill and kill every mudcrab in one playthrough?

There's always mods.

Mods cannot cure the sheer retardation that is Oblivion.

DraQ

Arcane
Screw you all. TES went downhill after Arena. Its by far the only one I finished.
Nothing beats informed opinion, I see.
Elders Scrolls have story? All I remember is romping around.

:hmmm:
Get out and get ran over by a truck.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There is something inherently wrong with a RPG in first person.

Mods cannot cure the sheer retardation that is Oblivion.

But Oblivion has the best quests out of all TESes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom