Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which has better combat? Deadfire or Origins?

Which has better combat?

• Dragon Age: Origins

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
TheseEagerEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

YearlyInconsequentialHornedviper-size_restricted.gif

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pretty sure this is spawned from a conversation about PoE vs. DA:O. I don't know yet if PoE2 is dramatically improved. In any case I liked DA:O's combat, I'm not nearly as opposed to cooldowns as some here are. That said there was way too fucking much of it. PoE is much more healthily balanced.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually liked the combat system of DA:O a lot, it felt like the evolution of the Infinity Engine for the time (remember that World of Warcraft had like 20 million players using a very similar system) the cooldowns were the logical step for making sure all the classes felt viable and engaging for playing so fighters could be entertaining to play instead of just beign mindless tanks for wizards

I always think that was the last “true” Bioware game since it’s development began before selling out to EA

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Dragon Age: Origins, by far. You can mod DA:O to the point of an SCS-like experience.

This is the deciding factor. Neither of the base games have sufficiently interesting encounter designs, but DA: O wins by potential.

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah but you couldn't make it out of the opening area of Fallout 2 either, so your opinion matters not.

Yeah, I mean, he gave up before experiencing glorious moments like meeting Pinky and the Brain, setting off a shit bomb, and meeting Tom Cruise.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
DA:O combat can be more fun, provided that 1) you go in blind and don't tryhard too much, and 2) heavily use of mods

Deadfire has definitely more potential, but it depends on whether it gets large library of mods and whether Obsidian will support it as well as the first game.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You confess to not getting far in Fallout 2 and haven't even played Fallout. Nothing you say on the 'Dex matters now.
You really have some form of mental retardation huh? Chill the fuck out with this FO and JA2 worship, its been almost 2 decades since these games came out. Pretending that these games are perfect just illustrates how fucking laughable your opinions are.
I have covered JA2, Underrail and Fallout in-depth (with comparisons).
Lol? From your own blog, https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2017/03/Underrail.html

"So far, so good. This is already infinitely superior to any lolUnities I've recently been stupid enough to inflict myself with. It's really quite refreshing and I've kept playing and not gone back to Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2 despite being constantly reminded of them while playing. Ergo, Underrail is offering up enough things that are different to compete for my time. Scratch that, I've gone back to Jagged Alliance 2, which is far superior to Underrail."

Quality review; not to mention half the shit you outlined in the scenarios was just false. Keep pandering to the same retards that consider any opinion outside of one that corroborates with theirs is valid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom