Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which has better combat? Deadfire or Origins?

Which has better combat?

• Dragon Age: Origins

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
You really have some form of mental retardation huh? Chill the fuck out with this FO and JA2 worship, its been almost 2 decades since these games came out. Pretending that these games are perfect just illustrates how fucking laughable your opinions are.
newfag

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Try again retard. She begs for attention more than the thots I saw while in High School.
Xh3EkYI.jpg

Additionally
33NArFL.jpg

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What do you even do around here ? Candy Crush fans forum died or what ?
There are plenty of classic RPG's that I enjoy that many on the Codex would also agree are great. FO2 just had a really shitty combat system, and that coupled with the fact that it's absolutely disgusting to look at, made it difficult for me to keep playing. I plan to revisit it in the future, and I never said the game sucks, just can't get into it at the moment.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
You confess to not getting far in Fallout 2 and haven't even played Fallout. Nothing you say on the 'Dex matters now.
You really have some form of mental retardation huh? Chill the fuck out with this FO and JA2 worship, its been almost 2 decades since these games came out. Pretending that these games are perfect just illustrates how fucking laughable your opinions are.

:what:

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere on the information superhighway (that’s a thing we used to call the internet when you were still breastfeeding). I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not many here will take you seriously until you’ve played at least the original Fallout. The first one is unparalleled. Until you’ve played the absolute best games in the genre, you don’t really have a decent basis of comparison when it comes to discussing CRPGs. Educate yourself.

Lilura is actually being very kind by deigning to take you even half seriously. Although she can be very judgmental, her above statement is simply a fact and not a personal opinion. While nothing you say matters—it’s true—you can still listen. Maybe you’ll learn something.

What do you even do around here ? Candy Crush fans forum died or what ?
There are plenty of classic RPG's that I enjoy that many on the Codex would also agree are great. FO2 just had a really shitty combat system, and that coupled with the fact that it's absolutely disgusting to look at, made it difficult for me to keep playing. I plan to revisit it in the future, and I never said the game sucks, just can't get into it at the moment.

Er, never mind. Lost cause.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
It's mental that so many people voted for Dragon Age. Could someone elaborate on why they think it's better?

The difference between DA: O and DF is that of two mediocrities. Both games have great potential but barely make use of it because the encounters are mostly uninspired.

DF's itemization and character creation are two aspects that are superior to DA. On the other hand, you can mod Dragon Age to provide challenging encounters that require tactical thinking without much in the way of RNG. The equivalent in Deadfire, which is upward scaling, is a band-aid that's either insufficiently challenging or results in a bit of a RNG-fest where you pray your attacks breach the defensive wall of probability. Perhaps this will change as the modding for Deadfire matures, but for now Origins edges ahead.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
anyone who thinks the passage of time has any relation to complexity in gameplay is a retard.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Never played and never will play POE 2 so I'm gonna go with POE 1 VS DA:O

both suck and I quit DA:O within 3-4 hours and POE 1 within like 5.

I also played these during a dry period where the only rpgs I played within about a 7 year stretch from 2009-2015 were Fallout 3, Fallout NV,alpha protocol and Wasteland 2 and I guess if you count Shadowrun returns but that game was even worse then the above.

Oh yeah thinking about it I also played both those shitty Drakensang games around this time but quit both within an hour or two.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not many here will take you seriously until you’ve played at least the original Fallout.
I give a fuck? The fact that you give credence to someone like Lilura is indicative of the hive mind mentality present in the echo chamber that is Codex. I haven't played FO yet, and I definitely need to get it, that doesn't invalidate my opinion on other games that I have played.
Although she can be very judgmental, her above statement is simply a fact and not a personal opinion.
Nah, she's a retard. Listening to someone rail against the EE of a game for no reason other than principle, even though it made an entire genre of games accessible to a completely new audience of people just proves that they're so fucking nostalgia blind and stupid that they're not worth listening to.
Er, never mind. Lost cause.
Look, another retard! Fallout 2 has a garbage opening area, and the combat is mind numbingly slow. That's an objective fact, even people who like Fallout 2 often rail against the Temple and the opening village. Pull your head out of your ass.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

oh sorry we;re talking about shit and complete shit? if I had to pick one Origins.

Radech

Augur
RTwP shite, but I remember having a bit of fun with DA:O, mostly because I enjoyed toying with AI settings, but I have never truly enjoyed any incarnation of RTwP tbh, it always devolves into a massive clusterfuck.

PoE was just shitty infinity engine combat, with an even worse character system...

Besides we're getting decent games again, no reason to reminisce about the horrible games we slogged through during the drought

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You are a dishonest little piece of shit,aren't you Safav Hamon? The whole debate was about which games was better and not about the combat,but you decided to go for the combat for reason that we all know. Your just the embodiment of a sjw infiltrator,at least ItsChon is obvious Drog troll. I really do hope you choke on a handful of grounded glass! 90% of your posts are dishonest shit about why deadfire is such a great game.

I give a fuck? The fact that you give credence to someone like Lilura is indicative of the hive mind mentality present in the echo chamber that is Codex. I haven't played FO yet, and I definitely need to get it, that doesn't invalidate my opinion on other games that I have played.

I am a film critic. Have never seen Coppola or Hitchcock movie but that doesn't invalidate my opinion on other movies.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
You are a dishonest little piece of shit,aren't you Safav Hamon? The whole debate was about which games was better and not about the combat,but you decided to go for the combat for reason that we all know. Your just the embodiment of a sjw infiltrator,at least ItsChon is obvious Drog troll. I really do hope you choke on a handful of grounded glass! 90% of your posts are dishonest shit about why deadfire is such a great game.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It's mental that so many people voted for Dragon Age. Could someone elaborate on why they think it's better?
Next time make your poll results public so you can call out specific members.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom