Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which has better combat? Deadfire or Origins?

Which has better combat?

• Dragon Age: Origins

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Only console gamers don't mod their game.
Digging how you flip flopped to this from "no mods, only developer-issued patches."

Even old man Octavius has long-known that I'm Finnish.

This is either a joke that's gone over my head or something that raises even more questions.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As much as Deadfires combat was a disappointment, at least it's over fast on veteran difficulty. DA:Os combat was a horrible dredge of MMO cooldowns and hp sponge enemies.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

More important question: Elder Scrolls Online Combat System vs Dragon Age 2 Combat System.
Which is bett er and why?

Tiospo

Learned
PoE is my favorite game since the legendary IE titles. The combat is very good. It's been a while since I've played DAO, but I remember enjoying that game as well. DA:I I'm not so sure of. I tried very much to like it, but I just couldn't finish it.

Quillon

Arcane
Deadfire has better classes/abilities/combat systems but RTwP looks & plays better in 3D :D

Codex Year of the Donut
because it's really hard to handle autopause
Well, you're supposed to pause manually. Autopause just assists the player.

But hey, don't feel too bad. Some Codexers can't even handle camera rotation.
you know what would be better than chess?
chess without turns except there are turns but not really. It sounds fantastic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom