Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WHICH IS BETTER (and maybe why), DISCUSS!!!

C&C or -craft?

• Total voters

Black

Arcane
We all know UT is better than Quake but what about C&C vs Blizzard rts games?

While Blizzard's games are self explanatory I think it'd be fair to include into C&C games like Emperor: Battle for Dune.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
If we're talking WITB then I'd go for WWMD over GTASA any day but you might Q this with the assumption that SCK or, for example, LOG, if we're talking DOS here and not POE, obviously, might be better.

Egosphere

Arcane
choice & consequence vs crafting ?

Why not both?

220px-Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is that even a question?
WH40k bland ripoff vs glorious NOD glorification of out beloved leader Kane
git off my lawn
there is tiberium growing on it

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Single player, C&C. Online, the crafts, especially Starcraft and War3 obviously, but i used to have a lot of fun playing War2 in LAN as well.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
While Blizzard's games are self explanatory I think it'd be fair to include into C&C games like Emperor: Battle for Dune.

Might as well include Dune 2 as well, since Warcraft 1 was based on that. Dune 2 was by far the superior game of course.

Cadmus

Arcane

Jesus fuck, just seeing "EA Games - Challenge Everything" makes me shit myself with nostalgia. Now it's EA GAMES, LUBE UP YOUR ASS

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Dark Reign :obviously:
I loved that one as a kid. Seemed way more difficult than C&C iirc. Played through it with my cousin and if one failed, the other would take over.
The German games media made it out to be a C&C rival and we had a bit of a thing going on where the gamer kids split into factions because of it. DR faction were the more hardcore gamers, C%C guys the casual scum obv.
Of course we'd actually all loved the older C&C title(s?) before that happened, but eh, kids...

Lots of more obscure games that did interesting stuff as well, like War Wind 2, Total Annihilation...

Starcraft was imo very good, amazing OST, interesting faction differences and stuff, tough to balance but they did it more or less.
The other crafts weren't my thing, which is why I voted C&C... Liked more of the C&C games than -craft games.
WC3 was very moddable and whatnot, but I wasn't a fan of the 3d approach and the hotkey/special ability stuff. Seemed more twitchy but awkward (of course SC had some of that but it had so many good points in comparison imo that I was fine with it). Boring vanilla fantasy world... Eh. Can understand why others love it, though. It had a lot of content and was a good game overall, just not my thing.

Both series turned to shit at some point anyway. Just like AOE after the second (some like the third on here iirc, but not me). Never really got into the second Dark Reign either.

A horse of course

I'm a fantasyfag above all but you can't beat Red Alert 2. The music, the sound effects, art direction, 'splosions, iconic environments, fast-paced gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom