Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Which part of the Gothic series is the best? (Poll)

The beste Gothic game is...

• Total voters

Murk

Arcane
There's 'loot all' hotkeys as well, but yeah. The real issue is when stuff is just on the ground -- the pick up animation is faster if you are in 'sneak mode' -- which makes it hard to use around people, but is nice when you have like 9 items on the ground and want to grab them quickly.

ps i'm glad gothic gave you motion sickness (you referring to whoever had motion sickness) cuz fuku ok

Bloodwyn

Are the people who vote for G2 the ones who say that NotR made G2 worse?
I never thought it would be so many as NotR was awesome.
Also i thought there would be more trolls voting for the non-existent game.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe you don't truly notice because you're always in a state of suffering.

11975.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Risen is 3rd best gothic game after g2 and then g1. But it is damn good, and better than most games. Would rub game box on naked body out of 10.

kangaroodev

Educated
Gonna start playing gothic 3 now, but between the first two gothic games I think overall Gothic 2 definitely wins. There are a lot of memorable moments and areas in the first one, seriously, I'll never forget the old camp and the sleeper and his stoned followers, amazing game.

But in Gothic 2 you can just see they tried to make an even better game, they improved the controls, the engine, tried to fix a lot of bugs, and I think the map is bigger and better designed. Entering Khorinis for the first time and seeing all the people doing "their thing" and that guy who lends money (you know what happens...) just so you can buy some starting items, memorable...

It's a shame Gothic 2 wasn't more popular than the TES games, even the AI in gothic has routines that beat morrowind at that time.

Cnaiur

Augur
The best part of G2 - for me - will always be the getting lost in the woods part. Slowly advancing whilst constantly being scared shitless because of the noises coming from various monsters. I'll always remember stumbling - after a long forest hike - into a cavern, hidden deep in the forest, and finding a Shadowbeast. Which killed me instantly.

A similar experience was finding a small area - close to a graveyard I think - which was guarded by two powerful skeletons. Couldn't beat them, so I ran past them and stole a big two-handed sword which I used for a very big chunk of the game.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Actually very recently I replayed 2 for the 4th time. Amazingly I found more stuff, some of it could just be blamed on me for being a idiot and not exploring as much as I possibly could but anyway..... things I discovered:

1.) You can swim into khorinis, i.e. not use a pass or herbs or clothes, for doing this you get 500xp
2.) A lot of the buildings in the city have shit on the roof, pouches of gold, potions, scrolls, honey etc.
3.) You can climb some ledges above the first bandit layer/cave you encounter, this little area has 6 lizards, some boars, some rats, some scrolls and an amulet that gives +10 dex (although after reading about it online I believe the amulet only spawns in act 2 and the stat it gives you is determined by what group you joined).
4.) .... there's more beaches and coves past the one where skip hangs out.....

Each time I play the game it feels like someone mods more content into it but it was all there from the very beginning, amazing stuff.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
We can also climb our way into the city, it was a bit tricky though.
Couldn't do this in NOTR though.

I know of two ways in NotR:
1) Run past the shadowbeast and orc in the forest, climb up on a ridge, balance across on top of the ridge (towards town), then drop down into the harbour area where the paladins' ship is docked
2) Walk/jump along the outside of the city wall, towards the right, until you get to the path leading towards the lighthouse. Follow the path upwards a bit until you get to an area where you can drop down towards the crane by the sewer entrance.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i voted for gothic 3 because its the only one i played

i didnt like gothic 3 though

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know of two ways in NotR:
1) Run past the shadowbeast and orc in the forest, climb up on a ridge, balance across on top of the ridge (towards town), then drop down into the harbour area where the paladins' ship is docked
2) Walk/jump along the outside of the city wall, towards the right, until you get to the path leading towards the lighthouse. Follow the path upwards a bit until you get to an area where you can drop down towards the crane by the sewer entrance.
In plain ol' G2 you could just climb past the walls that were to the right of the guards, and boom, you're in, just beside the entrance to the upper quarter.

Eh fuck it, reinstalling.

Yes, you can still do that in NotR but it's a touch more difficult. Gotta love the extra dialogue with Lares if you make it to the harbour. One can get into the guarded stockpile thing behind Matteo's shop the same way.

Secrets found on the umpteenth replay: 1. Went out of my way to pick up all the little black shrooms and eat 'em all. Very useful stuff for mages, or everyone really. (That bastard alchemist made a fool out of me in that one quest, so I decided I'd reload an earlier save and have my revenge!)
2. Found Ur-Shak this time around. Too bad he hated me because I'd killed the orc chief.
3. Opened the brewery cave for the first time. One of the farmers later said his illegal brewery had been raided by the Militia, and I was wondering if that had been me. Would be a pretty cool C&C moment.
4. Thief Guild secret hoard raided. Hah, served them right, the bastards.
5. Oh, and I suppose there's the lever in Xardas' tower at the very beginning. Never found it before.

I can't remember any more at just the moment, though there must be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom