Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Tactics Ogre is best?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I liked FFT and always wanted to play this. Which would be the best one to get?

PlayStation Portable - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2011)

PlayStation 1 - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1997)

Saturn - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1997)

SNES - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1995)

Nintendo 3DS - Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (2001)

Game Boy Advance - Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (2001)

newtmonkey

Arcane
The PSP version simplifies or dumbs down the system in a major way, but it at least does it in an interesting way—each character class basically has a universal level, so if you lose an archer, for example, and make a new one it will be (generally) the same level as the one you lost. I felt that it worked fine for a portable game, where you are just playing for a few minutes at a time, but if you want to play it for real, I'd recommend the PSX or Saturn version (basically the SFC version but with updated graphics/music/sound as far as I remember).

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The PSP version simplifies or dumbs down the system in a major way, but it at least does it in an interesting way—each character class basically has a universal level, so if you lose an archer, for example, and make a new one it will be (generally) the same level as the one you lost. I felt that it worked fine for a portable game, where you are just playing for a few minutes at a time, but if you want to play it for real, I'd recommend the PSX or Saturn version (basically the SFC version but with updated graphics/music/sound as far as I remember).
Marked as best answer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom