Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why all the NWN 2 hate?

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Anyone who understands why is writing the strongest part of Torment would never claim that MotB doesn't come close. (IMO it's actually better.)

Better? LMAO.

..putting it in terms you are more likely to understand

:nocountryforshitposters:

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Yep, and as I said back then too.. I do wish you 'quoters of dates' just coughed to it and spat your comments out, because then I could actually address whatever issues you seem to have, instead of having to write a seemingly civil post, that in fact boils down to nothing more than pointing a finger at the probability that what you do have to say isn't actually worth saying, hence 'just the date'.

;)

Norfleet

Agreed. Forgotten Realms is the dullest setting there is.
It's supposed to be. It *WAS* basically designed as Generic Fantasy Setting, because Greyhawk was getting too flavorful, not to mention too someone-else's-campaign.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Anyone who understands why is writing the strongest part of Torment would never claim that MotB doesn't come close. (IMO it's actually better.)

Better? LMAO.

Yep, and as I said back then too.. I do wish you 'quoters of dates' just coughed to it and spat your comments out, because then I could actually address whatever issues you seem to have, instead of having to write a seemingly civil post, that in fact boils down to nothing more than pointing a finger at the probability that what you do have to say isn't actually worth saying, hence 'just the date'.

;)

Posting the join date is to show that your opinion is shit and you are wrong in the eyes of this here exalted community. I'm sure, you've figured out as much.
However, your confusion in this case probably stems from Jaesun being a huge fag (and I don't mean the happy gay kind) in defending thoroughly overrated MotB (which might have flown if not compared to PS:T) and dumbfuck shit poster eremita (which would never have flown and he really should know better). The short answer is: he used it wrong.
Everything clear now? Good.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

Better? LMAO.

;)

Posting the join date is to show that your opinion is shit and you are wrong in the eyes of this here exalted community. I'm sure, you've figured out as much.
However, your confusion in this case probably stems from Jaesun being a huge fag (and I don't mean the happy gay kind) in defending thoroughly overrated MotB (which might have flown if not compared to PS:T) and dumbfuck shit poster eremita (which would never have flown and he really should know better). The short answer is: he used it wrong.

Lol, yeah I knew what he meant..I just enjoy calling people out, especially those who think their being smart. If you ask a moron to explain his moron actions they get all fumbly :)

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Here's another Youtube video, much shorter this time, thankfully, but in just 7 minutes manages to display most of NWN 2's shortfalls:

1. The over-map's icons are really ugly, cut and paste and don't fit their background at all. Gives a massive sense of Tacky. (00:01-00:06)
2. Loading screens (00:07-00:56)
3. Are you dizzy yet? Camera (00:57-01:24)
4. Loading screen (01:25-01:34)
5. More dizzying camera (01:35-01:44)
6. Interesting Dialogue (01:44-01:51)
7. Run around a large empty space (01:52-02:08)
8. Loading screen (02:09-02:19)
9. Defeat trash mob (02:20-03:00)
10. Run around a large empty space (03:01-03:57)
11. Facepalmy cut scene (03:58-04:28)
12. Monsters that look amazing die easily (04:29-04:39)
13. Running around large empty spaces triggering loading screens and flinging the camera all over the place (04:40-07:16)

But as Abu said on a different thread, the music is wonderful, intoxicating even. And so there's you and your posse all kitted out strutting their stuff like legends to the most wonderfully intoxicating music in an environment which, once the camera is still, is a pleasure to behold (for the most part). It's like the Forgotten Realms version of ambient easy listening relaxation videos, where everything feels right, but also feels so, so, wrong. It's so difficult to find the exact right words to describe this situation, as if it's some kind of demo reel of a game where everything's there, but it's not anywhere near ready yet.

Ramireza

Savant
Here's another Youtube video, much shorter this time, thankfully, but in just 7 minutes manages to display most of NWN 2's shortfalls:

Boah, even watching this video is pure pain. WHY they fucked this up so heavily? I would prefer playing Skyrim or Dragon Age 2 instead of this shit.

Replaying as a Gray Orc Monk, and no one in the Orc Caves noticed I wasn't a run of the mill humie. I love NWN2 (even the OC), but that kinda bugged me. Also...Elanee. Yck.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Replaying as a Gray Orc Monk, and no one in the Orc Caves noticed I wasn't a run of the mill humie. I love NWN2 (even the OC), but that kinda bugged me. Also...Elanee. Yck.

Weren't Gray Orcs added in with SoZ?

I know it's lazy, and it would be nice if they did, but I wouldn't expect them to go back and change something like that in another module, if you know what I mean.

I suppose, but I thought Obsidian would follow Troika's path of not adding an option if they didn't have a proper reaction for it. You don't need to carry over additions to modules where they're not really utilized.

Did get the dinosaur animal companion, though. Badass.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, but then her influence meter is schizo as fuck.
Be nice to some? -inf.
Be nasty to some? -inf.
Be indifferent? -Inf.
Threaten her rival? -inf.

Dale Carnegie would weep.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Be nice to some? -inf.
Be nasty to some? -inf.
Be indifferent? -Inf.

That's because she's a descendant of a chaotic creature of the lower planes man!

Fucking D&D.

eremita

Savant

Better? LMAO.

;)

Lol, yeah I knew what he meant..I just enjoy calling people out, especially those who think their being smart. If you ask a moron to explain his moron actions they get all fumbly :)

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Be nice to some? -inf.
Be nasty to some? -inf.
Be indifferent? -Inf.

At least you get to kill her at the end thanks to that.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think it's really a game you learn to hate when you play it as an adult. I think I remember first playing the game when I was that people pleasing teenager and I remember being sad that I had to kill NPCs I never took with me at the end of the game. Tried replaying NWN2 recently and... god, what an awful crew of NPCs... most of them deserve it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom