Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do people use the ignore feature?

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

KzBro has already tested this out years ago. The ignore list stops at 1024 entries and you can no longer add anything.
It should start at 1024 entries.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm more confused by people who ignore me when I don't even know who they are, or remember having ever talked to them

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
There's a certain section of cuckold who put everyone on ignore who aren't nice and incloosive 100% of the time, such as Zombra.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
There's a certain section of cuckold who put everyone on ignore who aren't nice and incloosive 100% of the time, such as Zombra.

Zombra's also the type of autist who had 7 pages of steam reviews in his signature to make himself feel important.

Strange people on the internet

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The two sweetest words in the English language.
I have to ask, though... how the hell can you follow a thread when you ignore so many people who actively participate in it?
It must be a clusterfuck of loose references.

My solution to the alt-right & religious fools problem was simply to not go to GD any more other than when I feel like shitposting :lol:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I have to ask, though... how the hell can you follow a thread when you ignore so many people who actively participate in it?

My solution to the alt-right & religious fools problem was simply to not go to GD any more other than when I feel like shitposting :lol:

In GD people give away their true nature, if it is pathologic you might as well just filter them out.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's really not a problem. If a one-sided conversation leaves me burning with curiosity there's always "Show Ignored Content". Context usually tells me who I'm going to find and whether it's worth it to bother looking (hint: it isn't).

Sometimes some effort is indeed involved to track a worthwhile conversation - on balance it's still far less than the effort that'd be required to skim past the time wasters, drum-beaters and attention seekers if I left the screen door unlatched.

Don't make the mistake of thinking ignore is about politics, religion, or preserving the "echo chamber" - at least for me, it's simply about worthwhile content or lack of it. Plenty of right wingers and religious people are worth reading, and there are even one or two lefties and atheists who aren't :eek:

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane

You can ask Lilura that question. Her ignore list is awe-inspiring. Check it, I urge you.
Nearly 1000 ignore her and she ignore right back 2400 of them.

:shredder:
My bad. Misuse the feature so it goes to the default list.

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
You can ask Lilura that question. Her ignore list is awe-inspiring. Check it, I urge you.
Nearly 1000 ignore her and she ignore right back 2400 of them.

https://rpgcodex.net/ignore.php?user=16327

mckEfqj.png

Doesn't seem like Lilura is ignoring anybody, and very few are ignoring Lilura
thinking.png
Unless ....

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That list is weird SCO doesn't have her on ignore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom