Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do we like jagged alliance 2 again?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Dude, I don't wanna destroy your aspirations or anything (and I'm no expert on the subject matter) but Chinese women very rarely, if ever, get involved with men outside of their race. Although you're probably just a great fan - in which case, please carry on.

I am offended you would ever think my intentions are purely from a carnal standpoint. I would never think such impure thoughts about Lilura to ever even fantasize sullying her great, prolific name with my underwhelming genetics. Furthermore, Lilura is not just my FRIEND but she just so happens to be my BEST FRIEND. Don't bother verifying this with her, you can take my word for it thank you very much!

Keep your eyes open, Chippy, because you just made The List.

typical user

Arbiter
The game where you shoot once in a sector and then sit on the spot as all enemies on the map swarm you using human wave tactic and you shoot em one by one. What a great thinking man game.

Because the game gives you hints to start nigh raids and tike pot-shots at terrifies enemies who are lit up from nearby lanterns while your guys with NV-goggles just fire surpressed weapons and throw grenades as baits to thin-out military camps. Or maybe because you can play Metal Gear and kill entire sector with throwing knifes. Or because you have to plan your next move and attack towns which have enemies with same level equipment while close to fall-back zones or access to helicopter in case shit hits the fan. Then there are also different weapons so you can deck-out your soldiers in Steyr's AUGs, M4s and AKs and attack patrols of ill-equipped enemies and selling their gear for some dollar on black market. Or 1.13 patch with all New Game+ features like 50 people parties storming Drassen and making you run out of bullets USSR style.

The game is good. If you can't play it, try nu-XCOM, you might get some mettle to try real men game next time and experience G.I. Joe with a full beard newb.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dude, I don't wanna destroy your aspirations or anything (and I'm no expert on the subject matter) but Chinese women very rarely, if ever, get involved with men outside of their race. Although you're probably just a great fan - in which case, please carry on.

I am offended you would ever think my intentions are purely from a carnal standpoint. I would never think such impure thoughts about Lilura to ever even fantasize sullying her great, prolific name with my underwhelming genetics. Furthermore, Lilura is not just my FRIEND but she just so happens to be my BEST FRIEND. Don't bother verifying this with her, you can take my word for it thank you very much!

Keep your eyes open, Chippy, because you just made The List.

Hey, no need to get upset (I'm not Chinese either) and it's not like I was trying to use some sort of knowledge to get you to give up...

Okagron

Prophet
Because it's a damn good game, specially on the highest difficulty. I remember getting 80 enemies in a sector quite often and it was a brutal battle where every decision counted because you could have so many enemies on the screen.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Playing the 1.13 mod now on Experienced, and pretty enjoyable so far. The customization options and the mercs with personalities and skills are high points. The game has quests that pop up now and then and maybe limited c & c options. The mods add tons of replayability to the game.

This is a newb speaking but I do find the game a bit hard to tackle, esp. concerning the 'new' chance to hit system. 90+ marksmanship guy with goggles, 85 accuracy rifle, prone position on top of building and missing probably 80% shots at targets well within the gun range. Seems like RNG and equipment taking too much precedence over skill system to me.

On the other hand, there are a ton of options to change the way the game plays exactly how you want it. So there should really be no problem to find a setup to like.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Hey, no need to get upset (I'm not Chinese either) and it's not like I was trying to use some sort of knowledge to get you to give up...

No I am upset. I spent all day making snacks and my homemade keylime pie and nobody showed up to my Superbowl Smash Party Extravaganza.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
it has helicopter insertion and you can have killers for hire on the internet.

isn't that enough?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
ZSTXAZF.jpg

mK2DgG4.jpg

:ibelieveincleve:

hGLhBR5.jpg

D0UdLIj.jpg

Also, Jagged Alliance 2 happens to be an excellent tactics game with strategic aspects and a smattering of RPG elements. +M

Latro

Arcane
Who is Lilura?

Lilura runs the most successful, freelance, unmolested, hallowed ground CRPG Renaissance blog on the entire Internet. She is the undisputed, crowned authority on all things Renaissance era CRPG and gets so much traffic to her blog per month that you need to actually book yourself ahead of time when you plan to peruse it. Yeah, you have to book yourself like you're scheduling an appointment. Millions of people flock to it, taking lessons from the Monacle'd Madame herself. College and university professors have tried to get her blog outlawed from being used as a citation because it is too factual and correct that it makes things boring and does not waste enough time for a student.

But if you don't believe me, just do a quick search and see that RPG Codex's resident dragon lady (Emilia Clarke is just some doughy dingo compared to Her Majesty) is pretty much an Internet celebrity that transcends all barriers. She didn't become e-famous from baring flesh, doing dumb things on the street with a selfie stick or playing videogames, she did it all with the power of fine taste and excellent writing. Eat your heart out, Anne Frank.

:mlady:
which is a complete lie, because chinese women love tall white guys

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The game where you shoot once in a sector and then sit on the spot as all enemies on the map swarm you

WTF? That never happened to me. A squad might come at you but often there are soldiers in fortified positions. I am going to play this again shortly, for the third time. I completed it twice before but this time I will use the patch and mod and whatnot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom