Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3

• It looks like a D:OS 2 mod

Votes: 234 63.2%
  • It bears no resemblance to the original series

Votes: 201 54.3%
  • TB combat (fags vote here)

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Dumb dialogue

Votes: 176 47.6%
  • Ugly waifus

Votes: 106 28.6%
  • Corridor maps

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Ugly aesthetic

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • I hate belgians

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 50 13.5%

• Total voters

rhollis

Educated
Patron
Other: Four person party.

There are screenshots with 5 party members.

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gat...-off-turn-based-combat-and-close-up-dialogue/

Not sure whether they confirmed the maximum somewhere, tho.

Swen confirmed 4 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1233431915274870784?s=20 I'm less concerned about it since some 5E players enlightened me as to the versatility of class variants.

Dramart

Learned
Example of a valid reason: the dumb past tense dialogue

Example of a retarded reason: because it's not RTWP
Both are valid points. My opinion of the game for now is that it doens't feel like a BG, the combat system is different, and I haven't seen any character from the last game. I think turn-based is more fun, but it's understandable that bg fans don't like this change. And the complainings about cutscenes, well cutscenes are normal in modern games, specially if they can afford it helps to make their game more attractive for most people.

Aemar

Arcane
Larian logic: 3/4 Divinity: Original Sin + 1/4 Dragon Age = Baldur's Gate. BG3 in name only, since the rest is anything but a legit sequel to the original series. I wouldn't have minded this game to be called D:OS 3, since it is what it is. This could turn out to be a great game, but it's not BG.

Akward dialogue system, lazy design, cringe humour, no alignments, doesn't feel like a Forgotten Realms setting, the fact that gaming ''journalists'' are shilling for it like it's the best thing ever, etc.

Can't say I hate this game, I just don't give a shit about it anymore.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Both are valid points. My opinion of the game for now is that it doens't feel like a BG, the combat system is different, and I haven't seen any character from the last game.

I saw someone on twatter say he can't wait to see Drizzt again. Boy is he in for a surprise :lol:

Turuko

Learned
I don't hate it, who the fuck has the time for that.
- 4man party
- I thought they were going for something more different than DOS
- The moment i saw #BaldursGatekeeping on Twitter i i realised that it's gonna be ANOTHER battleground for the american "culture war"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
- The moment i saw #BaldursGatekeeping on Twitter i i realised that it's gonna be ANOTHER battleground for the american "culture war"
:hmmm:

There are literally just five people total who have said such a thing, why are you following them?

Drowed

Arcane
Other: Wrong Name.

I bit I will like Divinity Original Sin 3. I just don't like that they somehow put the wrong name on it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
3D with rotating camera is bad. Full voice acting is bad. Corridor maps need to fall off a cliff.

Reality

Learned
Other : The Grease Trap room

It was a small part of the presentation since Swen doesn't die in it, but D:OS 1 and 2 both had horrendous full-on "trap dungeons" and this does not bode well. I mean you can meme that old RPGs like BG are built on a minefield and force you to take a thief in your party at gunpoint, but that experience compared to the original sin trap dungeons is night and day.

user

Savant
One thing I don't like is that camera 3rd person herp-derping that makes the 3D environment materials look even worse. There is no replacement for beautiful isometric 2D art after all.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
One thing I don't like is that camera 3rd person herp-derping that makes the 3D environment materials look even worse. There is no replacement for beautiful isometric 2D art after all.
KMXNQG.jpg
Maybe we have a chance with IWD3? :negative:

user

Savant
Also suspect, considering what we have seen so far, that the game will be full of flavor-only skill checks with no C&C, rewards etc, which would be almost a deal breaker for me. Hope I'm wrong.

KMXNQG.jpg
Maybe we have a chance with IWD3? :negative:

If it ever becomes a thing...
Imo it was what PoE got really right. It had a nice combination of 2D and 3D art.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Dat past-tense dialogue man and "Other": Larian games always fall apart for me after the first act.

In the first case it's not that big of deal I guess, because I usually skip through that crap as fast as I can in most games. In the second case, Divine Divinity, Divinity 2, Divinity OS and OS2, all became nearly unbearable slogs at some point after (usually) fairly strong opening areas. I'm really dubious that they somehow magically managed to fix it this go around, but fuck it, it's turn-based D&D, with permadeath, so I'm going to play it like every other sap here when it comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom