Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3

• It looks like a D:OS 2 mod

Votes: 234 63.2%
  • It bears no resemblance to the original series

Votes: 201 54.3%
  • TB combat (fags vote here)

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Dumb dialogue

Votes: 176 47.6%
  • Ugly waifus

Votes: 106 28.6%
  • Corridor maps

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Ugly aesthetic

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • I hate belgians

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 50 13.5%

• Total voters

Terenty

Liturgist
After BG3 there will inevitably be BG4 from the same devs and the BG name will forever be tarnished and associated with these...products.

Kinda like Deus Ex is now associated with Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. Only in the case of DE these games were decent and respected the original, not so with BG i'm afraid.

Gyor

Savant
  1. It looks like a D:OS 2 mod : no it doesn't.
  2. It bears no resemblance to the original series: I no it looks far, far, far better.
  3. TB combat (fags vote here) Turn Based is better.
  4. Dumb dialogue most of the dialog is fine, but we've seen so little of it.
  5. Ugly waifus, the Tiefling in the character creation screen is hot, and even Shadowheart is cute. Heck even the Githyanki is the most doable Githyanki I've ever seen.
  6. Corridor maps we've seen a tiny fraction of the maps they have in the game.
  7. Ugly aesthetic it looked great
  8. I hate belgians Your a huge asshole.
  9. other (please specify) no

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
  2. It bears no resemblance to the original series: I no it looks far, far, far better.
  5. Ugly waifus, the Tiefling in the character creation screen is hot, and even Shadowheart is cute. Heck even the Githyanki is the most doable Githyanki I've ever seen.

Found the Belgian

Gyor

Savant

Found the Belgian

Canadian actually.

Farewell into the night

There is no Baldurs Gate 3, because there can't be. Just like there can't be a fourth Lord of the Rings.
There is no Baldurs Gate 3, because there can't be. Just like there can't be a fourth Lord of the Rings.

I've actually wrote LotR 4 while in my elementary school times. It had 80 pages!
I've also wrote a sequel to Phantom Menace before Attack of the Clones was out!

Deleted Member 22431

After BG3 there will inevitably be BG4 from the same devs and the BG name will forever be tarnished and associated with these...products.

Kinda like Deus Ex is now associated with Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. Only in the case of DE these games were decent and respected the original, not so with BG i'm afraid.

By tarnishing these games forever, Swen is unconsciously doing God's work. He is allowing the BG series to flourish its own nature: a popamole graphicwhore game. Somehow these games got confused in the past with hardcore cRPGs because they were isometric and had D&D in them. No more.

DEUS VULT!

200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyor

Savant
That's a try hard attitude only 13 year olds engage in. Are Codex children now?
If you enjoy high fantasy bereft of depth, the more power to you. Not everyone wants fantasy settings to be the equivalent of badly made children's fairy tales.

Define "depth". Guess it is synonimous with edginess and grimdark for you?

Lord of the Rings was not grimdark. Does it mean it was bereft of depth? Can you conceive of depth that doesn't involve darkness, because i hope you realize that automatically disqualifies a lot of classic literature, from Shakespeare up to Goethe.

For me a setting is what you make it anyway. Both NWN2 and Mask of the Betrayer were Forgotten Realms, but there was a stark difference between the two. Torment: Tides of Numenera was Planescape but it was still shit.

Tides of Numenera wasn't planescape, it was Monte's Numenera setting.

Vatnik Wumao
Tabletop Numenera is quite nice (though its mechanics might be quite bare for combatfags), so the failure of TToN rests solely on the developers.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ravenloft, that's the one with the vampires, right?

Do you really want that in current age video games? Think about it carefully.

Farewell into the night

Link? What was story about?

Well, I wrote it down in a checkered notebook more than 20 years ago, so there is no link.
It was set 1000 years after the original. Middle-earth advanced very much and Gandalf was saving the world again.
There was a new magical ring in the making, but it wasn't very powerful, because it wasn't fully charged with the dark powers and there wasn't easy way to do it.
The whole plot was about stopping the dark forces from making their dreams come true and of course there was a group of heroes led by Gandalf.
I don't remember many details. It wasn't that great, tho.

Was it better?
Asking unironically.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RPK

Scholar
Ravenloft has tons to offer besides vampires, but yeah, undead features heavily. It's a gothic settings.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Curse of Strahd appears to be nigh-universally acclaimed.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I was talking about vampire sex for fuck's sake. You know that's what they gonna do with the setting.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Curse of Strahd appears to be nigh-universally acclaimed.
And also criticized for being a discriminating and racist module, yep we can’t have nice things.

It's never gonna stop until people start resisting this garbage, but that will never happen because to be opposed to SJWs is to be as worst as them. Lolbertarianism in a nutshell.

Curratum

Obviously people here think a good RPG is just an awful lot of numbers in imaginary spreadsheets. (It's not.)

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I dunno...
Between being turn-based, and that upsetting the old fans, I'm really warming up to it.
Might even be the first BG I actually enjoy playing too.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why some of you hate the Forgotten Realms?

Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms was cool. Bit by bit little by little most of the things that gave the setting some kind of identity have been bled away, however, like the Elven Retreat (reversed because they wanted to make elves a far more prolific presence in the setting).

In general, the entire concept of "cultures in decline" has been parsed out of the Realms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom