Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3

• It looks like a D:OS 2 mod

Votes: 234 63.2%
  • It bears no resemblance to the original series

Votes: 201 54.3%
  • TB combat (fags vote here)

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Dumb dialogue

Votes: 176 47.6%
  • Ugly waifus

Votes: 106 28.6%
  • Corridor maps

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Ugly aesthetic

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • I hate belgians

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 50 13.5%

• Total voters

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm still neutral on the game. I don't like that they use past tense in dialog, but I won't judge much else until I play it.

Xeon

Augur
I hate the location the most about it, kinda wish they went for a different place than Baldur's Gate, that place looked like your most average place in every fantasy game.

I don't particularity like Larian's writing, it feels pretty cringy most times but that can be easily skipped. I am most worried about the gameplay, I enjoy the combat system or whatever for DOS but still I kinda disliked the combat as well in DOS2 and I ended up dropping the game so I hope they don't mess with the combat system too much and add shit no one asked for or complained about and try and fix what isn't broken or whatever.

The Jester

Cipher
Do you guys also hate BG4 already?
aaf.png

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Other:
It is a shameless cashgrab by people that have no interest whatsoever in the original games. It is not only that it "bears no resemblance to the original games", but that there is literally no connection other than a name. No continuity of development, no continuity of style, no continuity of gameplay. It has no right to the name in any way, and the only reason it is titled """Baldur's Gate""" """3""" is for marketing reasons.

It is utterly shameful, and have shown that Belgians have no honor.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Kinda like Deus Ex is now associated with Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. Only in the case of DE these games were decent and respected the original, not so with BG i'm afraid.
Decent? Yes, in their own right.
Respected the original? You're fucking high.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Codex has greatly declined, when there are so many people, who think BG games were some kind of masterpieces that can be spoiled in any meaningful way. Hating belgians is ok tho.

V_K

Arcane
I don't have an opinion on BG3 yet, although I do find it suspicious that they stole the "DnD + verticality" idea from Solasta.
But I absolutely love all the butthurt it's causing here.

DraQ

Arcane
I don't have an opinion on BG3 yet, although I do find it suspicious that they stole the "DnD + verticality" idea from Solasta.
It's not a stealable idea from the perspective of anyone who isn't a fucking brainlet, in much the same way as not shitting with your pants on isn't.
That it might seem novel at all only highlights how hopelessly the genre is infested by deeply congenitally defective, the fans and creators alike.
I remember when codex was a relatively smart place, now about 9 in 10 codexers look like they would have problems breathing unassisted.
But I absolutely love all the butthurt it's causing here.
Yes.

V_K

Arcane
It's not a stealable idea from the perspective of anyone who isn't a fucking brainlet, in much the same way as not shitting with your pants on isn't.
Try not to shit your brains out in outrage, will you? The original BG3 gameplay videos had no hint of verticality. Then Solasta came with a successful kickstarter and got good media coverage on its verticality focus. Et voila - BG3 suddenly has verticality. Call it however you want, but there's no way in hell these things aren't connected.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Try not to shit your brains out in outrage, will you? The original BG3 gameplay videos had no hint of verticality. Then Solasta came with a successful kickstarter and got good media coverage on its verticality focus. Et voila - BG3 suddenly has verticality. Call it however you want, but there's no way in hell these things aren't connected.
Since BG3 was obviously going to be developed using the D:OS2 engine, "verticality" has always been a given.

This is one of the first leaked screenshots of the game:
bg3_leak_1-scaled.jpg
It came out well before any actual announcement and the focus on "verticality" clearly is already there.

Nyx

Novice
Other:
It is a shameless cashgrab by people that have no interest whatsoever in the original games. It is not only that it "bears no resemblance to the original games", but that there is literally no connection other than a name. No continuity of development, no continuity of style, no continuity of gameplay. It has no right to the name in any way, and the only reason it is titled """Baldur's Gate""" """3""" is for marketing reasons.

It is utterly shameful, and have shown that Belgians have no honor.
Hey! I'm not retarded! It's 2020, even if it was made by the same people who worked on BG2 it would be different. Even Siege of Dragonspear which used the same engine, got old voice actors back, had some of the old devs on it, even that was very different from the old games. Suuure, making it a numbered title is totally a dumdum move, it will alienate new players and it doesn't make sense for old grumps like you, but like does that even matter that much to you? You can just delet the 3 from the desktop shortcut and replace it with a subtitle, like "Baldur's Gate: The Return of the Shadowy Darkness of Evil". It's very superficial to judge a game based on its title alone, don't be a jerk like that, ok?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom