Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why does the Codex masturbate over Obsidian so much?

Donkey Balls

Educated
What's so good about them? They haven't made any good games (the keyword here is gameplay) so far and probably never will. The recent release of Alpha Popamole only reinforces this fact. Not to mention that their games have more bugs than Troika's.

Was the story faggotry in MoTB that good? Or is it because of Avellone? Do you fags really think he can pull another PS:T?

You can hope whatever you want, but I say we should stop cutting them so much slack. They've already made 3 games (and two expansions) and all of them (except for that one expansion) are shit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
gm_atomic0009-2.jpg

Shannow

Waster of Time
Donkey Balls said:
I ask a moderator to remove the huge pictures, this is not GD, FFS.
Adblock is your friend.

For once I (mostly) agree with your OP, though. Obsidian are Bioware with slightly better writing and settings, and more bugs and worse engines (when they do them themselves).
The majority of the codex seems as hypocritical about Obsidian as the gaming journalists are about Bioware and Bethesda.

Really funny actually. Everyone seems to be looking for a cock to gobble.

relootz

Scholar
Obsidian are the harbringers of evil. They always release games with potential, sometimes even masterpiece potential but they release them unfinished.

That is far more worse then releasing a bad, polished game.

Never forgot, never forgive Kotor 2.

kris

Arcane
Shannow said:
Donkey Balls said:
For once I (mostly) agree with your OP, though. Obsidian are Bioware with slightly better writing and settings, and more bugs and worse engines (when they do them themselves).
The majority of the codex seems as hypocritical about Obsidian as the gaming journalists are about Bioware and Bethesda.

clearly you can't have read the 50 threads called "ASS BROTOCOL". Or how people in the codex had said these things about obsidian since day one.

the thread starter I don't care about, he is just another troll in the magic forest.

Jimmy McDunce

Novice
because codex is full of retard who like popamole shit even bioware is better than shitty obsidian mor like obsidifail amrite

Shannow

Waster of Time
kris said:
clearly you can't have read the 50 threads called "ASS BROTOCOL". Or how people in the codex had said these things about obsidian since day one.

the thread starter I don't care about, he is just another troll in the magic forest.
Did you actually read "Ass Brotocol"? Despite the title the poster likes it and defends its weaknesses as either "not really important", "not so bad" or "ME did the same and was praised for it", etc.
Skyway and maybe 2-3 others are critical, the rest either don't care much or defend Obsidian in true fanboy fashion. Not only AP but every Obsidian game. When NWN2 came out I was one of the few people here who liked it. Recently though, I had to remind people of its weaknesses which suddenly everyone either ignored or deemed unimportant. That boiled down to me being criticised for analysing in depth...
Sorry, but a codex where I'm not the one defending mainstream games against a majority of rabid hardcore RPGers is sorely declined. And this Obsidian-fanboyism is just another symptom.

Jimmy McDunce

Novice
Shannow said:
kris said:

fanboy shit

Felix

Arcane
Posting in a Drog thread.

better than masturbate over Bioware's all around mediocrity.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Sometimes, reading the Codex is like getting lectured by an impotent old man blaming you for having boners.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
He has a point You know, Obsidian fails to deliver all the goddamn time.

But to answer the original question: why? Because NO OTHER developer delivers, so the one eyed is the king etc.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
IMO Obsidian is mediocre company, it can succeed like with MotB or fail like with SoZ.

Lumpy

Arcane
Donkey Balls said:
What's so good about them? They haven't made any good games (the keyword here is gameplay)
MotB was a good game, gameplay-wise, and it also had an excellent story.
KotoR2 also had a p good story but atrocious gameplay, so anyone who calls it a good game is a moron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom