Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Doesn't The Codex Have a Tech Forum?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As the title suggests, there should be a forum where we can all impart knowledge that wrecks each other's PCs gives people advice on how to do stuff. For instance I could explain how I recently serviced my PC and managed to get completely silent fans using a certain lubricant and how to remove the fans from the shaft without destroying the snap ring...

And you know I'm being serious because I could have come up with some really filthy shit during that paragraph.

Also, since my water cooler packed up, and I've been without a PC for the past few days waiting for a crap one to turn up (that makes more fucking noise on the pump than the one I thought was pumping air replaced) we might all be able to give each other some advice to prevent what I'm currently going through.

Like this: DON'T BUT CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES WATER PUMPS RETARDS!.

Now if I do what I intend and create my own CPU water cooling system for very little money, no fans, and it out performs conventional systems while also cooling down the GPU - I'd have somewhere to share it right?.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Oh, let me guess - another Codexian walled garden of knowledge you need to be a year old and capable of walking/climbing to get into?. Most of the millenials on this site probably don't know how to use a spanner anyway.
:x

Bohr

Arcane
As the title suggests, there should be a forum where we can all impart knowledge that wrecks each other's PCs gives people advice on how to do stuff. For instance I could explain how I recently serviced my PC and managed to get completely silent fans using a certain lubricant and how to remove the fans from the shaft without destroying the snap ring...

Oh, let me guess - another Codexian walled garden of knowledge you need to be a year old and capable of walking/climbing to get into?

Weren't you recently claiming you'd lurked here for "20 years"?
mystery.png

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Yep, and only just joined. Do I get access to General Discussion and such through credit or something then? Maybe there should be a welfare state system in place for lurkers that have done their time, or maybe lurking just doesn't get you access...

Citizen

Yep, and only just joined. Do I get access to General Discussion and such through credit or something then? Maybe there should be a welfare state system in place for lurkers that have done their time, or maybe lurking just doesn't get you access...

Most of the GD's subforums were open for anybody about two years ago, only political forum was paywalled. But you probably don't remember, because of the massive brain damage caused by 20 (!) years of lurking.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I know nobody believes me; but I just lurked on the surface - news, articles, and such. I never actually went down the rabbit hole and 'experimented' like I'm almost doing here.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
another Codexian walled garden of knowledge you need to be a year old and capable of walking/climbing to get into?
Sorry dude, but you gotta wait. That's how the rest of us did it.

There seems to be a general misunderstanding here - I just thought I'd post this and it would be shut down by that Crispy dude after someone pointed out how retarded I was for missing where the actual tech forum was. I don't actually want to circle the drain into the bottomless pit that is undoubtably an actual plane of hell on this site. That's probably why we get a year ... to give poor souls a purgatory to let them know what they're in for and a chance to escape. So ItsChon if you think you're paying your way in to GD - you might be in for a suprise when you end up there dude.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If you've lurked here for so long (way before our paywall kicked in) then how do you not know we have a SCIENCE!! subforum?

Freddie

Savant
You been lurking here that long and don't get it?

Codex has changed over time. Now we have a lot of Trailer park Russians and such whom can't afford to upgrade their shit. Then there may be other wave of genuine Kwanzanians on food stamps. No matter what options there are out there, no matter how masterful upgrade tips would be handed out even for used gear by Crispy or someone else... Tech forum would lead only to make these issues to become more public, leading to civil war within Codex.

The Science forum is good. Embrace Science forum. Look advices from places like overclockers.net, guru3d.com etc.

Dumping the whole GD, well, that's sort of interesting idea, even though. I guess I'm as guilty as anyone reading that shit.

Freddie

Savant
Yes.... Fuck yeah! Those pixels on Unavowed would look so much better on GTFO 3080 Mutherfucker Ti (€ 2000) than on any midrange card. Then Frames Per Second, like people playing Unavowed... or hell, Baldur's Gate or Shadowrun on sub € 1000 card just must be inferior experience. Sure there ain't engine limitations, sure I ain't no shilling.

The whole idea is shit when there aren't enough decent cRPG's to play to begin with and hardware... if they are still in the '90... they are going to stay there anyway, just let's hear their ideas if they are any good.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Anyway, the 'tech forum' is moderated/run by our resident, Pakastani, Crispy. So you'll probably never learn anything anyway.

Zep--

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think paying 5 dollaridos so you can discuss spanners with codexers is a great deal btw. Would recommend.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I've got potato (or something) from donating to that guy that needed a new kidney...what am I supposed to do with that? And while I'm in a questioning mood - why haven't all you Jews donated enough money yet to save that guy's life yet?.
Too busy playing Kingmaker I suppose?.

Modron

Arcane
Why doesn't this thread have a crispy tag yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom