Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rootstereo

Juvty Worlds
Developer
6ZfyDkA.png

Wild Terra 2: New Lands.

Hello friends! My name is Javi and I'm part of Juvty World. A group of indie-game developers, I'm making this post to share our lastest game made by Unity. The game is actually in alpha stage of development and I'd like to share this great game we are developing and let that more people know about it, in case someone like this kind of game (as i do) and want to help us grow and give it a try. You may find it interesting, the game has a lot of nice features to show up on his early stage of development and is being updated every week. It has good graphics, change of day and night, seasons, weather and much more.

The project is gaining more and more audience and our players think we are in the right way.

Some features:

*The game has change of seasons and weather. Calculation of the position of the sun and moon, lunar cycle. Clear weather, cloudy, fog, rain, snow, and storm with thunderstorms. The wind and movement of the characters affect the grass.
*Biome system. A special system for placing and rendering surfaces, large and small objects of vegetation, resources and any other environmental elements. Rivers, seas, lakes, swamps. Advanced water shaders.
*Variety of animals. Monsters, and bosses. Artificial Intelligence. Peaceful, neutral and aggressive behaviors. Mounted animals and pets.
*Combat system. with melee and ranged attacks, defense. Combat skills.
*Deep system of craft and building. Mining, construction, husbandry, cooking, fishing, smithing and other skills. Possibility of building houses, campfires, a lof of structures for process material and crafting.
*Character states. An expanded system of fatigue, hunger, and satiety with different types of food.
*System of quests with lines. Basic tutorial.

EPNas3y.jpg

bOV3xPV.png

Character customization and changes over time.
Change hairstyles, grow a beard and do not overdo it with food, otherwise, you may not fit into your brand new armor.

3YZw4Zy.jpg

Raids and sieges.
Join groups and create clans. You are waiting for the siege of medieval castles, hunting for huge bosses and adventures in dungeons.

O4sLpwf.jpg

hrgcYMi.jpg

41T2pL7.jpg

The game is available on Steam. And there is and older version more completed and totally Free to play with a hudge base of players, translated in more than 15 languages.

Wild Terra Online

BskcrEt.jpg

bUfVmRw.jpg

cvtLuDS.jpg

6Fsu0NK.jpg

LwIzQtY.jpg

Hopes you like it and give it a try ^^
Thanks so much for reading.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Looking at the above post reminds me of a quote from one of the most eloquent speakers and intellectual Presidents that has ever stepped upon the World stage.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

rootstereo

Juvty Worlds
Developer
Mirar el post anterior me recuerda una cita de uno de los oradores y presidentes intelectuales más elocuentes que haya pisado el escenario mundial.

“Hay un viejo dicho en Tennessee: sé que está en Texas, probablemente en Tennessee, que dice: engañame una vez, la culpa es tuya. Engañame, no puedes engañarte de nuevo.

- George W. Bush

What u mean O.o?
Bush sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Mirar el post anterior me recuerda una cita de uno de los oradores y presidentes intelectuales más elocuentes que haya pisado el escenario mundial.

“Hay un viejo dicho en Tennessee: sé que está en Texas, probablemente en Tennessee, que dice: engañame una vez, la culpa es tuya. Engañame, no puedes engañarte de nuevo.

- George W. Bush

What u mean O.o?
Bush sucks
Not as badly as your game, fag.

rootstereo

Juvty Worlds
Developer

- George W. Bush

What u mean O.o?
Bush sucks

Get a job.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

- George W. Bush

What u mean O.o?
Bush sucks

Get a job.
What like being a scam developer? Hows that working out for you?

rootstereo

Juvty Worlds
Developer
Hello friends, our new game in development Wild Terra 2 Online, sandbox open world in a medieval world controlled only by players. Alpha Tests was recently released and is in full swing: more than 300 characters, 3000 buildings and 165,545 items have already been created. Swamp monsters were added in the new continent!

https://www.wildterra2.com/

oXUhz8f.jpg

OYotf4d.jpg

xE11vG7.jpg

What has already been done in the game and will be available at this stage?

- Starting island and Continent with unique locations: forests, cemetery, abandoned mines, church, an old sawmill, and others.
- A new continent has been added to the game in addition to the home island, where you will find the swamps, where you can test your skills against new creatures.
- Construction of houses and other structures for survival and production.
- New structures have been added, such as hand mills, mortars and much more.
- A lot of materials for a variety of crafting (tools, equipment from hides, leather, metals, etc.).
- Apple trees and wild cereals have appeared, also new recipes available.
- Experience x3.
- Over 70 quests (tutorial, construction, hunting, cooking, crafting items, etc.).
- The behavior of animals and monsters in the Cemetery and the Abandoned Church dungeon has been improved. to make it easier the hunt mechanics.
- 16 animals and monsters for hunting, including bosses.
- PvP and PvE. Fight against other players and team up to fight bosses.
- Fishing, mounts and pets.
- Change of daytime, weather and seasons.

New gameplay video: Swam creatures. Alpha testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNqC…ture=emb_title

The game is being made thanks to the support of the community, without investors or publishers. We will make the game exactly as we and the community wish.
Thanks to everyone who supports the project and takes part in testing. Thanks to your feedback, we were able to identify many things that we need to improve and develop. Also, we will significantly speed up your gained experience on the next test.

Dates of upcoming tests:
from March 13 to March 17 the second stage of Alpha.
from March 27 to March 31 the third stage of Alpha.
Dates for the next steps will be announced later.

Thanks so much for reading. Support development if u liked the game.
https://www.wildterra2.com/

Join our Discord to chat with us and watch more info about our game.
https://discord.gg/NDeE5m

Thanks so much for reading.

It's amazing progress, but aren't you splitting development resources in two? Why're you moving on so quickly from the first game? Do you really think going 3d is that important? Legends of Aria is 3d too, but I don't think they're having the amazing success they wnated. This type of MMORPG is just not super popular I think. You have to keep deveopment costs very low.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Its pretty simple- They expect all the people who supported them with WT1 to jump ship and buy into 2- They will claim 'development will still continue' but honestly development has been pretty stagnate when they only had one game to worry about-

Rather than updating the engine and trying to fix this travesty- They are banking on their fans giving them a quick cash injection for the features that should have been part of WT1.

Its the indie MMO dev dance - WT1 was pretty much a failure so they jump ship and make a part 2 that nobody asked for.

Why would anyone trust them at this point? Rather than fix the product people have already paid for they are creating a new product with lots of promises.

ADL

Prophet
As someone who bought the first game, there's no fucking way I'm paying $29.99 for a 3D sequel to a 2D MMO that released out of early access less than three years ago. Sorry guys but either this is the game I should've received years ago back when I bought the first one or this should be a free update as a courtesy to those who bought the previous one.

Want to relaunch and rebrand it as Wild Terra 2 or something else? Fine but to charge for it? Come on.

rootstereo

Juvty Worlds
Developer
WT 1 has not been abandoned. We take care of the community and the truth is that we have players who enjoy and are very faithful to the game. But it is difficult to keep the game and the graphic engine in which it is developed does not allow us to add to the game all the things they would like, as we plan to do in WT2.
WT 1 has many limitations of what we have been able to create. WT2 development has started since the beginning of the year, from 0 without investors or publicists. Only the work of 4 game lovers who create the game as we and their players want it. There is still a lot to do, and although there are harsh criticisms, there are also people who enjoy the game and being part of the development. It is really motivating, developing a game can be expensive for small indies developers and is why we need the support of our players.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-9_23-0-0.png
    upload_2020-3-9_23-0-0.png
    312 bytes · Views: 170
  • upload_2020-3-9_23-1-19.png
    upload_2020-3-9_23-1-19.png
    312 bytes · Views: 163
  • upload_2020-3-9_23-4-14.png
    upload_2020-3-9_23-4-14.png
    312 bytes · Views: 170

Myobi

Liturgist
Oh yes! Survival open world, indie developers, unity... this just hits all the right notes!

Also, how many times are you going to re-post this? Oh and... making accounts around online forums just to advertise your shit reeks of desperation.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, how many times are you going to re-post this? Oh and... making accounts around online forums just to advertise your shit reeks of desperation.
To be fair, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Can't expect people to have been in all communities for a long time already.
Devs need to spread awareness, has nothing to do with desperation, it's part of the business.
And what's the alternative? Talk to the media about how much you try to be super diverse and inclusive instead of talking about your game? :lol:
I'd rather devs go to where the actual gamers are, so places like this.

But yeah, just posting something like this, twice, with the "survival open world, etc." and then kind of ghosting is really not an optimal strategy :lol:
And obviously the dev didn't try and check out how a community works beforehand - this one seems to have been blown away by the friendly reception, just created a new threat to ignore it and that's that.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist

Devs need to spread awareness, has nothing to do with desperation, it's part of the business.

And what's the alternative? Talk to the media about how much you try to be super diverse and inclusive instead of talking about your game?
clip_image001.gif

But yeah, just posting something like this, twice, with the "survival open world, etc." and then kind of ghosting is really not an optimal strategy
clip_image001.gif

And obviously the dev didn't try and check out how a community works beforehand - this one seems to have been blown away by the friendly reception, just created a new threat to ignore it and that's that.

Yeah, what sort of possibility could there be besides going around creating accounts in online forums to copy & paste the same shit multiple times, gee I don’t know… I truly never seen other indie developers doing it any other way, it always boils down to spam like a cunt or talk to the media like a big boi, yup yup….

"To be fair", the mother fucker looks like a fucking bot, I pity your fucking computer if you don’t see anything wrong with this sort of shit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

And what's the alternative? Talk to the media about how much you try to be super diverse and inclusive instead of talking about your game?
clip_image001.gif

But yeah, just posting something like this, twice, with the "survival open world, etc." and then kind of ghosting is really not an optimal strategy
clip_image001.gif

Yeah, what sort of possibility could there be besides going around creating accounts in online forums to copy & paste the same shit multiple times, gee I don’t know… I truly never seen other indie developers doing it any other way, it always boils down to spam like a cunt or talk to the media like a big boi, yup yup….

"To be fair", the mother fucker looks like a fucking bot, I pity your fucking computer if you don’t see anything wrong with this sort of shit.
Nothing I said was even remotely wrong.

As an indie dev, you really don't have a choice in the matter.
Mainstream media is gonna ignore you, no matter what, if you don't dance to their tune. And even if you did, as there are simply too many indies around.
So you go into communities, niche sites, etc. - whatever could reach your target audience - and spread the word. Or you don't and just kinda hope for the best, but that's just *hopelessly optimistic*.

Please, in your endless wisdom, point out what is false with that statement.

If you just wanted to say that this particular dev did a terrible job at that, just copy-pasting the same stuff all over like a bot....
Duh! Thanks, Cpt. Obvious. Nobody said anything to the contrary.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist

clip_image001.gif

clip_image001.gif

Nothing I said was even remotely wrong.

As an indie dev, you really don't have a choice in the matter.
Mainstream media is gonna ignore you, no matter what, if you don't dance to their tune. And even if you did, as there are simply too many indies around.
So you go into communities, niche sites, etc. - whatever could reach your target audience - and spread the word. Or you don't and just kinda hope for the best, but that's just *hopelessly optimistic*.

Please, in your endless wisdom, point out what is false with that statement.

If you just wanted to say that this particular dev did a terrible job at that, just copy-pasting the same stuff all over like a bot....
Duh! Thanks, Cpt. Obvious. Nobody said anything to the contrary.

Oh please, you are making your ass feel jealous of that pretty mouth of yours at this point.

I wanted to say exactly what I’ve said, going around making new accounts in every online forum you can find just to copy paste your silly little advertisement reeks of desperation, and the fact that you have plenty of successful indie games whose developers didn’t had to resort to such bullshit prove you wrong, you have dedicated indie & game development forums for this sort of stuff, you have social media, facebook, twitter, youtube, reddit pages dedicated just for this sort of shit, you have platforms like Steam that will help players finding your game, you places that will sell you small/cheap online ads, you have game review websites that will take your game if it’s somehow decent…you have plenty of choices that don’t make you sound like a fucking bot.

Also, what the fuck you on about nobody saying anything to the contrary, did I fucking had to wait till someone did to be allowed to state that this shit is just sad? What kind of monopoly rules are you using? Have you considered just going to suck a bag of dicks and spare me from such bullshit? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
and the fact that you have plenty of successful indie games whose developers didn’t had to resort to such bullshit prove you wrong, you have dedicated indie & game development forums for this sort of stuff, you have social media, facebook, twitter, youtube, reddit pages dedicated just for this sort of shit, you have platforms like Steam that will help players finding your game, you places that will sell you small/cheap online ads, you have game review websites that will take your game if it’s somehow decent…you have plenty of choices that don’t make you sound like a fucking bot.
So all of the things you listed are fine, but somehow (in addition to all that, obviously) registering in forums that are (at least partly) dedicated to the genre of game you are developing and also spreading the word about your game there is not?
How does that even make sense?
Sounds pretty arbitrary to me.

And how would any of these other methods prevent you from sounding like a bot if all you do (like in this case) is just copy-pasting the same thing in all places?
I have trouble imagining this particular dev excelling at communication on any platform, tbh.

Also, what the fuck you on about nobody saying anything to the contrary, did I fucking had to wait till someone did to be allowed to state that this shit is just sad?
You not only fail at reading comprehension, but also forgot what you wrote yourself a few hours ago?
Pretty clear you claimed that I didn't see anything wrong here. Which is nonsense, everyone recognizes something is wrong here and the inactivity of the plant only confirms it.

Myobi

Liturgist
So all of the things you listed are fine, but somehow (in addition to all that, obviously) registering in forums that are (at least partly) dedicated to the genre of game you are developing and also spreading the word about your game there is not?

How does that even make sense?

Sounds pretty arbitrary to me.

And how would any of these other methods prevent you from sounding like a bot if all you do (like in this case) is just copy-pasting the same thing in all places?

I have trouble imagining this particular dev excelling at communication on any platform, tbh.

You have dedicated forums/sections to advertise your shit like this, take Unity Forum for example:

https://forum.unity.com/forums/made-with-unity.11/

https://forum.unity.com/forums/works-in-progress.34/

The same goes for social media, where it’s either “your” space, or pages/groups also dedicated to advertising that sort of shit.

There is a reason why this shit is against the rules of many online forums out there, try to imagine every indie developer advertising their shit like this instead of sticking to the proper places, place would be flooded with 1-post threads made by freshly created accounts, burrowing most of legit discussions… yet for some magical reason, we only see a handful of “indie developers” doing it.

You not only fail at reading comprehension, but also forgot what you wrote yourself a few hours ago?

Pretty clear you claimed that I didn't see anything wrong here. Which is nonsense, everyone recognizes something is wrong here and the inactivity of the plant only confirms it.

It’s funny that you say that, because... I haven’t said that. What I said was “if you don’t see anything wrong with this sort of shit”, meaning that not only I didn’t claim you don't see anything wrong, but I also didn’t say “here”, as in, this specific case, but “with this sort of shit”, as in, this sort of shameless advertising.

Also, you don’t speak for “everyone” mate, and the inactivity doesn’t confirm that people acknowledge that there is something wrong here, it just confirms that they don’t give much of a flying fuck about it, it’s quite different…. Oh, and most activity is actually found on the other thread exactly like this one just posted a couple months ago.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
There is a reason why this shit is against the rules of many online forums out there, try to imagine every indie developer advertising their shit like this instead of sticking to the proper places,
Yeah, we'd actually have some more threads here with people talking about games they haven't heard of before.
And devs talking to gamers.
Imagine the horror!

place would be flooded with 1-post threads made by freshly created accounts, burrowing most of legit discussions…
Nah, threads like this one would be very quickly forgotten. The only reason this one isn't is because the MMO forum isn't exactly very active and the two of us are doing this dance.
If it is an obvious plant, people usually don't bother at all or mock it.

Still, if the owners of a forum decide they don't want that kind of thread, that's their right.
But I'm glad we don't have that here, so that every now and then I can hear about a game I haven't heard of yet.
And if a dev who posts some more interesting stuff, e.g. like this ( https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...ror-from-the-deep-spiritual-successor.121025/ ) and actually replies to people, etc. they can do that.

It’s funny that you say that, because... I haven’t said that. What I said was “if you don’t see anything wrong with this sort of shit”, meaning that not only I didn’t claim you don't see anything wrong, but I also didn’t say “here”, as in, this specific case, but “with this sort of shit”, as in, this sort of shameless advertising.
Oh, please, you are just trying to re-interpret your own words to somehow come out on top.
You posted in this very thread, quoting me, so what else would you be talking about other than this thread and referring to me :lol:

But, yeah, English with its vague "you" does allow you to claim anything in that regard, so... whatever.

Myobi

Liturgist
Yeah, we'd actually have some more threads here with people talking about games they haven't heard of before.

And devs talking to gamers.

Imagine the horror!

Yeah, maybe in the perfect world.

The reality would be a list of inactive advertisement focused threads pushing every other discussion thread down through the pages, and that’s something you can see for yourself, go look at threads similar to this one, in this forum, in other forums, hell, check the Unity links I’ve just posted, where a big part of the threads have little to no replies at all, and it’s a place dedicated for it, where the people that go there seek that sort of shit.

Nah, threads like this one would be very quickly forgotten. The only reason this one isn't is because the MMO forum isn't exactly very active and the two of us are doing this dance.

If it is an obvious plant, people usually don't bother at all or mock it.

Still, if the owners of a forum decide they don't want that kind of thread, that's their right.

But I'm glad we don't have that here, so that every now and then I can hear about a game I haven't heard of yet.

And if a dev who posts some more interesting stuff, e.g. like this ( https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...ror-from-the-deep-spiritual-successor.121025/ ) and actually replies to people, etc. they can do that.

I don’t entirely disagree with you there, thus why I rather have forums that have dedicated sections for it, than to forbid it entirely, and I’m positive that you’ll find multiple threads like that one out there, sadly they are still a drop of water in the ocean, the majority of them are not that different from this one, many even worse, thus why a lot of places just shut them down completely.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying every developer who makes a thread in a gaming forum is desperate, I’m saying that going around the internet making fresh accounts solely for advertisement purposes stinks of desperation, and partially it’s because of people like the OP, that are the majority of people who do shit like that.

Oh, please, you are just trying to re-interpret your own words to somehow come out on top.

You posted in this very thread, quoting me, so what else would you be talking about other than this thread and referring to me
clip_image001.gif

But, yeah, English with its vague "you" does allow you to claim anything in that regard, so... whatever.

You sure that’s me who’s trying to re-interpret shit to come on top?

Oh and... making accounts around online forums just to advertise your shit reeks of desperation.

Pretty clear you claimed that I didn't see anything wrong here.

Just; simply; only; no more than.

If; on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.

Sort; a category of things or people with a common feature; a type.

Also, am I being vague or am I being “pretty clear”? You need to make up your mind, I can’t be both, but then again, I fail at “reading comprehension” and whatnot, so don’t take my word for it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
hell, check the Unity links I’ve just posted, where a big part of the threads have little to no replies at all, and it’s a place dedicated for it, where the people that go there seek that sort of shit.
Exactly.
Nobody checks out those places - and why would you, they are filled with nothing but advertisement. Nobody seeks out ads, especially not if it is assorted ads. They are as useful as banning self-advertisement completely.
If, however, there's a thread in one of the forums I frequently look at, say the MMO forum, I will take at least a look at it - as I'm there anyway.

Maybe if there was some system in place to "evaluate" if an "ad post" is legit and not just the typical spam, and then that post gets moved to the proper forum, that would be nice.
But that would require some seriously active moderation team or voting system - work, in other words, which most communities don't have the time or inclination for.

Better alternative is to just allow people to post and if it is bot crap, it can always be moved/deleted - that's something mods are pretty good and quick at.

Btw. developer communities are great for getting contact with other devs if you need them for cooperation of some kind. Or knowledge.
They are almost entirely useless for the purpose of spreading the word (except if someone did something technically astounding, maybe).

Myobi

Liturgist
hell, check the Unity links I’ve just posted, where a big part of the threads have little to no replies at all, and it’s a place dedicated for it, where the people that go there seek that sort of shit.
Exactly.
Nobody checks out those places - and why would you, they are filled with nothing but advertisement. Nobody seeks out ads, especially not if it is assorted ads. They are as useful as banning self-advertisement completely.
If, however, there's a thread in one of the forums I frequently look at, say the MMO forum, I will take at least a look at it - as I'm there anyway.

Maybe if there was some system in place to "evaluate" if an "ad post" is legit and not just the typical spam, and then that post gets moved to the proper forum, that would be nice.
But that would require some seriously active moderation team or voting system - work, in other words, which most communities don't have the time or inclination for.

Better alternative is to just allow people to post and if it is bot crap, it can always be moved/deleted - that's something mods are pretty good and quick at.

Btw. developer communities are great for getting contact with other devs if you need them for cooperation of some kind. Or knowledge.
They are almost entirely useless for the purpose of spreading the word (except if someone did something technically astounding, maybe).

Oh yeah, I do agree with that.

A good example of it might be MMO-Champion, it has rules against it, however time to time a developer shows up with a decently made thread, that actually engages with the community, thus the moderation opens expectations, but again, the vast majority is people just rush 10 posts to be allowed to post links, make the thread, and just move on to the next one.

…. And as they say, a bad apple can spoil the whole bunch, in this case it’s most of the bunch that’s rotten, thus even when it’s more than just the quick shameless advertisement, people will still roll their eyes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom