Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you answer the call of Codexia?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Some dude on the Dom forums wants to make a multi community disciples game, each community a team.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050

Might be fun to assemble a team of codexers and participate, if it gets made.

Game info
Name - Community Clash Community Clash
Type - llamaserver PBEM
Schedule - To be determined
Players - 3+ Teams
Diplomacy - Anything Goes

Game Settings
Age - Player Vote
Independent Strength - default
Research - Default
Magic Sites - Default for the age
Money - Default
Resources - Default
Supplies - Default
Random Events - Common
Re-naming - On
Score Graphs - Off
Hall Of Fame - 10

Nation Selection - Draft, Bans and Picks by team captains

Mods - Summod .65b
Map - TBD

Victory Conditions - Throne Victory, Balanced for number of Players

General Rules - Players must come from the same community

Banned Exploits - To be decided by Captains

Admin - Community Clash Admin, Eminently Employable on Steam

Fodder so far:

sqeecoo
MotherMachinae (Placeholder)
Caul Shivers
Grimwulf
Dayyālu
Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Johannes

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
As long as I am a simple disciple peon, I'd be willing unless better player apply!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I need to decide what team to play on, /domg/ and /v/anheim also want me.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I AM BUT AN HUMBLE SERVANT

IN

I need to decide what team to play on, /domg/ and /v/anheim also want me.

They also have a shitton of skilled people, while we Codexers are few and puppy-eyed. Join us, Malakal, with your skill and giving the diplo to someone else, we can almost get to year 2, I bet.

I trust you, I look up to you.

Lizzurd, join our numbers, I need someone to cover my back.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Um about that, last time I joined a disciple game with Grimwulf we got gang banged by all the other teams starting turn 7. Its not that safe with me bro...

Dayyālu

Arcane
Um about that, last time I joined a disciple game with Grimwulf we got gang banged by all the other teams starting turn 7. Its not that safe with me bro...

That is known. Grimmie told me the riveting tale :lol:. As I said, we should give the diplo to someone else as it is your weak point, no offense intended (and it's not like SA or Dom3mods don't have god-tier players like ya, let us be honest).

Yer simply a good player and also a Codexer, so it would be great to see you join.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'd like to play if there's a place. I've finished 8 games (as in they weren't just quit) and won one on the Desura/Dom4 mods groups, as Itwastuesday.

Great! A 2007 join date is a better credential than anything. Furthermore, I just noticed the game will run on some insane \domg\ mod, Summod .65 or sumthing.

I don't trust Dominions mods, so can anyone enlighten me on the subject?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Summod is the result of the balancing attempts of /domg/ and is based on the win sheets provided by the different communities. It generally buffs weak nations and nerfs strong ones going by the win rates, mainly Xibalba in EA and LA, Ragha, Mictlan, Lanka etc.

It adds interesting mechanics and aids certain nations. Its commonly used in /domg/ games.

Dayyālu

Arcane
There is a document or site with all the changes?

I usually don't trust modders too much, but I'd prefer to check before judging.

It's also a bunch of random changes such as Lemuria nerfs and LA R'lyeh buffs.

LA Rlyeh has atrocious win rate https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing here are the details.

Just side by side, it seems arbitrary to buff one popkill nation and nerf another, while both are considered bad. Seems more of a bias nerf to me when you consider the random BoT nerf also - I don't like to play with a dying world, nerf.

Of course it's hard to avoid bias when you're trying to balance a game alone, and there are good changes too.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I can give this a shot. My current MP record is one (early) defeat, and two ongoing games, which I probably won't win.
Would be happy to sub as well, in the case you get enough better players.

Johannes

Arcane
I might play, but I definitely won't have much time for doing diplomacy so somebody else will have to be the leader at least in that department.

The balance mod has some annoying things, like meddling with a lot of battlemagic spells (aoe1 buffs, new tanglevines spell...) for no real reason. Changes to armors annoy me too... Features nothing gamebreaking still afaik so as long as you care to read thru the changelog it should be a better experience than vanilla, most importantly with more viable selection in summons and items.

Haven't looked thru the national changes so carefully, but there's not much chance it'd be worse balanced than vanilla.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I might play, but I definitely won't have much time for doing diplomacy so somebody else will have to be the leader at least in that department.

The balance mod has some annoying things, like meddling with a lot of battlemagic spells (aoe1 buffs, new tanglevines spell...) for no real reason. Changes to armors annoy me too... Features nothing gamebreaking still afaik so as long as you care to read thru the changelog it should be a better experience than vanilla, most importantly with more viable selection in summons and items.

Haven't looked thru the national changes so carefully, but there's not much chance it'd be worse balanced than vanilla.

The idea behind items and spells is to make more of them viable and to make early spell useful with scaling.

Johannes

Arcane
The idea behind items and spells is to make more of them viable and to make early spell useful with scaling.
No shit sherlock... Just the implementation is retarded in some cases. If you want to make a aoe1 buff like Quickness of Gift of Flight better, making them scale is ridiculous. It's just as good (or bad) with the W2/A2 people as it was before, who used to mostly be the only mages who'd cast those in vanilla. Now that you have scaling, suddenly it's the mages with high path who want to cast those spells and low path casters are ineffective in comparison...

If you'd just want to buff the spell without totally redesigning them, you'd reduce the fatigue cost for example, or make them AoE2 (without scalling) but with higher fatigue. Former would keep it a low-path caster's spell, the latter would make both low and mid path casters useful.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Sufficient time has passed after my latest fiasco and I also have more time to spare. If you need one more, my body is ready.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom