Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you answer the call of Codexia?

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by Berekän, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    I do, but the idea of tag-teaming diplo with KN is hilarious. More passive-aggressive posturing than your garden variety fifteen-years old failed marriage :lol::lol::lol:

I'm up to be the diplo guy, but remember I am not that good at the game (I have roughly a dozen under my belt, just three victories) and can't be forced to plan for team strategies or other things.

Nor I can analyze all the summod changes, even if I like some stuff.

That said, it seems that the call on the Nets got quite a bit of teams in:

+ Former Desura;
    + Dom3mods
    + \domg\
    + \V\anheim
    + Russians
    + RPGCodex
    + Bay12
    + Last Fantasy (what the heck are these)
    + Chinese (CHINESE?!?!?!)

Clockworks Hounds
    (what he heck are these also) and Spacebattles maybe will get a team in. Maybe Vanheim and Domg will create a single 4chan team, who knows. SA Dominions community seems to be kinda dead, and they managed (if I trust Dom3mods posts) to drama themselves out of existance (fitting, for a bunch of somewhat assholish elitists).

Drama is already starting with the Russians unwilling to use Summod. I don't care.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    They also seem to be considering a league and 3-4 man teams, that's lower than I expected.

^ Top  
  3. Caul Shivers Learned

Caul Shivers
    Comrade, I not too sure can play on this syka team when I play on glorious team Legend of Long Knives only to kill fellow Codexian, but mostly Grimwulf and Dayyālu.
    I mean sure. I play here too, but probably not very pleasant for you. But do not worry. It will likely be quite painful and probably not very quick either, but at least it done by someone who likes you, da?

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Demnogonis Saastuttaja Magister

Demnogonis Saastuttaja
    Ah, so there's so many teams. I think the best players should represent codexia, which likely wouldn't include me.

^ Top  
  5. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Yeh, they want just three people.

Better to send the best ones, then, such as Johannes , Grimwulf and KoolNoodles . I can keep up the diplo for now, if needed.

Ach.

^ Top  
  6. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    :negative: Oh well, at least one of the champions of Codexia should keep a log and do an AAR later, so we can all bask in the glory of their defeat victory!

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    10 communities or so interested, they even merged domg and vanheim even if its not exactly the same playerbase...

^ Top  
  8. coldcrow Prophet Patron

coldcrow
    Indeed, I'd be very interested in an AAR, too. Rape them tastefully!

^ Top  
  9. Zephyr Arsland Learned

Zephyr Arsland
    Excellent! I'll be rooting from the sidelines, holding a basket of freshly-severed heads (picked each day). Go Codexia!:brodex:

^ Top  
  10. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    I'm rehdy to pwn them all.

I say this team needs Dayyālu and his crazy diplo skillz. He is truly frog-tongued.

The decision is up to the leader, tho.

^ Top  
  11. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Seems like the rules will allow three nations from all ages and nations can be picked once per team but no limit overall. Seems like 12 teams of EA LA Xibalba and LA Ragha are incoming.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    I read through that, and this is why big games die. Too many opinions and "what if we do this". Should just be vanilla in one age random draft, to get the game rolling. If there's not enough room in one game, make it a tournament. Easy as pie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    The CCA admin, at least from what I've seen , is merely waiting for all the applications (I have taken the liberty of sending ours already and posting in the thread up at Dom3mods, as the 4chan threads are a mess and somewhat difficult to follow).

The "batches" that have been posted on the thread, with fourteen random selection of all ages, seems to be rather good for me. The mod is a request from the admin, so whatevs.

I'm not going to play, but the idea of random batches - despite the "victory percentages" and assorted engineer-like determinism- and tournament structure seems good enough (and it should bury the retardation "every one gets Ragha").

We'll see what happens.

EDIT: And who's going to play, now that we are here? Best players are Grimwulf , Johannes , Malakal and KoolNoodles in My Humble Opinion. I did not get if Malakal wants to play on the 'Dex or he's gonna save the 4channers.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Dont think I actually played for team 'dex yet so I may try with you guys if you want me. I played many times with domg and vanheim teams already.

^ Top  
  15. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    We pwn them all

tha's all

sorry drunk

birthday

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    gratz

^ Top  
  17. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Great haiku

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    Hm, yeah, I don't like non-vanilla and overlapping nations setup, but what can you do. Much better players have applied so I guess I'm sitting this one out, but I'd love to see an AAR/turn files :)

^ Top  
  19. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Our substitute bench:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Caul Shivers Learned

Caul Shivers
    I see... It is settled then. Now I have to kill all of you.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Dreaad Arcane

Dreaad
    Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
    Wat!! I mean.... I completely agree.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    I don't. :M

I may have too many games going anyways now that the cold war game finally started. Can you even play dominions Dreaaaaaddd? Thought you were trying to get a toaster up and running.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Dreaad Arcane

Dreaad
    Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
    Yes, by hooking up enough wires to my borsh mix, I am capable of playing dominions again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    I'll pass this one, I thought about it but team games, especially huge one like this, will take enormous time to play properly. I think I'll enjoy better joining some smaller games instead.

^ Top  
  25. Caul Shivers Learned

Caul Shivers
    You're not here to play the damn game properly man, for heaven's sake! You're here for the honor and privilege of killing and humiliating 'dexian other, very specific, forum scum and basking in the eternal glory of your righteous victory!

[​IMG]

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)