Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you answer the call of Codexia?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They said they will get a nation with multiple summons for the third pick, preferably sacreds of course. As a way to burn other gem types and to move to a gem economy as soon as possible.

Also I would like to point out that Lemuria has EXCELLENT expansion with centurions. Test it in single player if you dont believe, 3 of those can take any province due to stacking fear auras. Sure, they kill 1-2 indies tops but the rest routs into oblivion. And if Lemuria can expand in LA it can epxand any age.

Lemurian mages are also expensive but immortal for an added layer of cancer. They should go a heavy rainbow disciple researcher/site searcher.

I ran Lemuria disciple in a game I won in a team under LA Mictlan pretender and Agartha another disciple. Lemuria expanded really well and handed over provinces. We had a great sage Lemurian disciple and it was good. Reventants in magic 3 plus great sage are 11 rp for 9D, not exactly great but definitely usable.

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah Lemuria would be a waste, they don't get sacreds to leverage the bless. Expanding with Centurions would be a waste of D gems, since they don't really work vs players. And wasting D gems kinda defeats the point of getting Lemuria in the first place.

If they pick Lemuria you won't have to worry much about them at any point. And ofc strong players is more important than strong nations - but nation picks are indicative of player skill, too. Most likely they don't have what it takes to win or even be a big threat - but that goes for most teams regardless of what nations they have. And as said, even a good team wouldn't have much of a chance to carry a rush strategy to victory in a 33-p game - be it with Ermor or any other kind of tri-bless build.

Do you have a link for a game thread or something? It would be nice to read a postmortem. Grimmie's plan always struck me as possible, but incredibly difficult.
Can't link to any, I've only talked to people on IRC about it.

Checking here shows 2 games with Ermor winning in a disc game (50% winrate), but since Desura is down can't check the thread of it.

I don't think MA Agartha is a very good pick, btw. It lacks mobility for such a huge game. Caelums, Midgård, TNN, Fomoria, Berytos, LA Atlantis, LA TC... Would be better I think. Or superb research nations like Bogarus or Sauromatia, to reach endgame spells before others (and have a VW and/or AN caster figured out ready). And for sacreds, some non-cap ones would be nice - Mictlan, Gath, even BL (all these 3 have blood eventually which is somewhat of a must).
Agartha also needs to be the pretender to be properly powerful, which is kinda limiting.

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah Lemuria would be a waste, they don't get sacreds to leverage the bless.

Disciple Lemuria gets censors and knights of unholy sepulchre as sacreds. I think it can work just fine. This game is quite a special case since One Age mod is used so rarely.
Any other nation gets those just as well. It's basically a decision between +10 gem income, or being able to recruit any national troops/mages at all, plus more gold early.

Disciple Lemuria gets censors and knights of unholy sepulchre as sacreds. I think it can work just fine. This game is quite a special case since One Age mod is used so rarely.
Any other nation gets those just as well. It's basically a decision between +10 gem income, or being able to recruit any national troops/mages at all, plus more gold early.
Living disciple nation would get its cap only recruits (which most sacreds are) only for a short while. You'd also have to mix undead and living troops which limits your cancer spamming options a lot.

Johannes

Arcane

Living disciple nation would get its cap only recruits (which most sacreds are) only for a short while. You'd also have to mix undead and living troops which limits your cancer spamming options a lot.
Only for a short while meaning like 2-3 years here. By the point you run out of resources in your cap, the 10 gem difference isn't as big a deal either. It's obvious that a rush with those sacreds is much more potent than with just the freespawn. And you can recruit mages out of freshly conquered forts unlike Lemuria.

Nobody forces you to mix the two if you don't want, but being able to do so is a huge boon.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
God dammit Johannes you had me raging at my adblocker there for a sec. Now I'm super interested in those Ermor games to see whether they were flukes.

And yeah, your pick sucks worse than a vampire with emphysema. But then again so do all of you so the pick wasn't exactly unexpected I guess. At least it's not Marveni, eh.

Dayyālu

Arcane
And yeah, your pick sucks worse than a vampire with emphysema.

Vampires do not need to breathe. Being a vampire would solve the emphysema problem, I guess!

But then again so do all of you so the pick wasn't exactly unexpected I guess. At least it's not Marveni, eh.

Ask Malakal , MA Agartha IMHO is a solid, if unglamorous, pick. And I believe that in this world of crazy self-professed hyper-competitive communities a solid and uncreative pick could be a good bet.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Abundant H3, good summons for WEF and certainly usable summons for D, good main battle mage (E2W1F1 is magma/acid/earth stuff), cheap good main research mage (kinda useless in combat tho), usable high damage cursing sacred.

Living mercuries absolutely wreak thugs/SC. Earth elementals destroy skeletons and similar chaff (vaetti). Magma children are great way to burn F gems and destroy non resistant shit. And statues are great line holders, dont kill a lot but are tough as nails.

Main weakness would be mages being slow (MM1) and summons being mageturn intense.

MA Agartha isnt OP but it certainly is a solid pick tha can be ran both as a disciple and a pretender and can tolerate any heat scale.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Ah. So it's the safety pick. How utterly mundane and disappointing. I though you had more bravado and spirit than that but clearly you lack substance.

Johannes

Arcane
The Statues really lose a lot of their edge if you don't have the Golem Cult dominion. Not that there's anything wrong with making them the pretender, but it's a slight limitation.

They get good armies for line battles, that's obvious, but beyond that they don't bring much to the table. And slow moving armies just aren't that valuable in a huge map like this is gonna have.

It isn't OP, you should've picked something that arguably is.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There was nothing OP left unless we wanted to gamble with EA Mictlan surviving long enough or Berytos doing the same.

Johannes

Arcane
Sure there were. In the context of a 33-p. game, and some in any game. See my earlier post. But probably not much more to be said on this. Just pick a more mobile / late-game oriented nations for the next picks.

Just please don't do a shitty marble oracle build.

The /v/anheim team picked Lemuria too now. If they take that tribless they will have a funny team member who cannot get any mages without empowering from level 0. Also cannot reliably get commanders without a 50 gem empowerment.

So an awake with a singular 9x bless and some minor ones?

Dayyālu

Arcane
The Last Fantasy- The Last Fantasy

MA Joutnheim

Sum1's Scrubs- /domg/

EA Mictlan, MA Pelagia

Legend of the Long Knives- dom3mods

LA Mictlan

Kate's Speedbumps- /v/anhiem

MA Ermor, LA Lemuria

Malaia Druzhina- Russian Speaking Community

MA Pangea

The Doom That Walks- T.R.O.W

EA Niefelheim, EA Fomoria

Warriors of Diversity- Codex

MA Agartha

Team Name Literally Not Even Referred To In Reply Email- RPGnet

MA Ashpodel, MA Sceleria

Spacebattles- Spacebattles

LA Ragha

Team Necropolis- Necropolis

EA T'ien Ch'i, La C'tis

Bay12- Bay12 Games

EA Agartha, MA C'tis

Malakal
KoolNoodles
Grimwulf

CHOOSE NOW

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What now HATERS? And DOUBTERS? You are literally and figuratively worse than BIRTHERS. Everything I said has come to pass and our pick somehow seems good now eh???

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We went for MA Vanarus.

Mobile, excellent troops, elven ponies, a shitload of summons, rainbow site searchers out of forests, heavy Air access, blood too, excellent research.

Dayyālu

Arcane
The Last Fantasy- The Last Fantasy

MA Joutnheim, EA Berytos

Sum1's Scrubs- /domg/

EA Mictlan, MA Pelagia, MA Ashdod

Legend of the Long Knives- dom3mods

LA Mictlan, LA Midgard

Kate's Speedbumps- /v/anhiem

MA Ermor, LA Lemuria, EA Yomi

Malaia Druzhina- Russian Speaking Community

MA Pangea, MA Bandar Log

The Doom That Walks- T.R.O.W

EA Niefelheim, EA Fomoria, LA Caelum

Warriors of Diversity- Codex

MA Agartha, MA Vanarus

Team Name Literally Not Even Referred To In Reply Email- RPGnet

MA Ashpodel, MA Sceleria, EA Helhiem

Spacebattles- Spacebattles

LA Ragha, MA Vanheim

Team Necropolis- Necropolis

EA T'ien Ch'i, La C'tis, LA Marignon

Bay12- Bay12 Games

EA Agartha, MA C'tis, LA R'lyeh

Malakal , Grimwulf , KoolNoodles

THE TIME OF DESTINY HAS COMETH

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hurr durr Malakal what are you picking hurr durr etc

Pretty much. But amuse me, when the heck you managed to become a meme?

WaF9MUT.png

m8cCa7d.jpg

(And reply pliz)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LA Gath.

That finishes our team with nice rainbow summons, blood, angels, elves and fossils.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I suspect this thing is dead yes? After looking in the thread over there and with Grimwulf's absence........

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ye didnt get off the ground.

Not surprised since its not the first time someone wanted to run a game like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom