Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you be purchasing TES V: Skyrim?

Will you be purchasing Skyrim?

• Yes; in fact I have it pre-ordered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I will pick it up at release

• Yes, I'll eventually buy it, but no rush

• No, I have no interest in it at all

• No, but I will be sailing the Seven Seas to pillage its booty yargh!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

hoopy

Savant
hoopy said:
I don't think I can buy it. I'm poor so €50 is a big investment, and there's no way to tell if it'll be any good.
bFko4.jpg

1znkS.jpg

bFko4.jpg

1znkS.jpg

bFko4.jpg

1znkS.jpg

bFko4.jpg

1znkS.jpg

Yun24.jpg

:rage:

hoopy

Savant
Even if you don't factor in shipping costs, I would have saved only 15 euros. Not worth the hassle.

I just buy everything on Steam now, and I rarely buy full priced games anyway.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
15 euros can buy a lot of junk food and drinks for the Skyway Grade 7 playthroughs.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hoopy said:
Even if you don't factor in shipping costs, I would have saved only 15 euros. Not worth the hassle.

The fuck.

Why would anyone buy a digital version of a game that costs more when he could have a physical copy that costs less? :retarded:

Xi

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
hoopy said:

The fuck.

Why would anyone buy a digital version of a game that costs more when he could have a physical copy that costs less? :retarded:

The vein of logic is similar to why people spend 20 dollars shipping to over night something that costs 20 dollars. They get the item quicker. Because steam can reasonably give you a digital copy faster than a physical copy can be sent, it becomes the over night shipping frenzy all over again.

"It's my game and I want it now!"

Just like JG Wentworth has discovered, people are willing to take a large lump sum, and give up a large portion of what they would have received had they waited, simply because money right now is more appealing than more money later on.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
My brother has preordered it and there's a birthday celebration on friday where I'm invited - hence I'll probably be sitting infront of a tv and rage while he plays Skyrim. :smug:

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
I'll eventually pick up the GOTY edition in about three years for about $10, so obviously there's no moral reason not to torrent the sucker now.

I mean, I am going to buy it... eventually.... honestly..... :smug:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So at Friday they would release it, at Saturday there might be a first crack. Steam users might have theirs own problems until Sunday, too many activation and redownload requests.

Might be fun.

curry

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I'm gonna play it HASSLE-FREE on the XBOX 360. Enjoy your supposed "superiority", PC Master Race. Maybe I'll post some impressions while you are still figuring out which drivers to use :salute:

Too bad it won't be an RPG if it's not on PC. :smug:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my 50' TV being set up a reasonable distance away from my comfy couches. Yes, plural, as I'll be bringing over friends and have a blast. Enjoy hunching over your computer screen. Alone.

curry said:
Too bad it won't be an RPG if it's not on PC. :smug:

Yeah, just like it's not a FPS if it's on a console, right?

Oh wait, Halo proved that wrong a decade ago. :roll:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Clockwork Knight said:
Fuck the mouse, everything it does a controller can do better.
My mouse has tripplefire, more accuracy than a controller, and can use up to 1000 command long macro.

Also what's the point of using that version now? You should use it few days ago and then try to convert your character into PC version. PC version has about 1 GB more textures and models. XBOX 3.8 GB PC 5.1 GB

iluvatar

Novice
I'll be purchasing it.

I hate the direction Bethesda are taking in dumbing down their games for a casual audience, but:
  • It still looks like a fairly decent open-world game
  • It has a great modding community, which will in time make the game better than pretty much all other recent RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom