Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire I - English Translation for Game Boy Color NOW FINISHED!!!!

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmm, I think I'm starting to think along with MrRichard999 that it might be either your emulator, or the patching utility you used
Well, shit. Thanks for the update anyways

I did just figure out the pause issue, and the pause option disappears when save is set to mania. So, no issue there (other than that the autosaving on save->mania doesn't seem great).

As far as recruits go, I didn't find any on level 6... so I should try to find them and see how it behaves on my end. Here are some spoilers about the recruits I had trouble with:
Murphy, on floor 2 behind a secret door - garbled text, but didn't freeze
??? on floor 5, you have to climb up through 6 and navigate some darkness to find this one
??? on floor 8 behind two secret doors near the middle of the map

If any of those works fine for you, or I find Lawrence and it works fine for me, I suppose I've just been crying wolf the entire time...

I was full up so no luck there, but the text was fine
I had the same issue when recruiting Murphy. I don't know what I chose (garbled text), but he wasn't around afterwards. But, I cast detectepic, and realized he was in town, just waiting to be added to a party. Not sure casting had anything to do with it, he might just be waiting for you in town.

Sorry, got it wrong, it was Floor 5, not 6. He's at X11, Y9.

Cheers for the town tip, I'll check when I get back. Just finishing up Floor 5 with Grid Cartographer now. Decided you had the right idea with mapping, just cuts down on the portability of it but does increase enjoyment.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sorry, got it wrong, it was Floor 5, not 6. He's at X11, Y9.
Well, I guess that settles it - I'm the one with the bugs, and not the patch! Sorry, everybody...

No, FFS I got it right first time! It *is* floor 6 at X11, Y9. I've been mapping it out in GC and due to the elevator I missed a floor. Just hit the stairs back up to Floor 5 and thought I was going mad when my drawn maps showed no stairs on the floor above.

Heading towards that dark area so will update when I've found this other dude.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, I think I'm starting to think along with MrRichard999 that it might be either your emulator, or the patching utility you used
Well, shit. Thanks for the update anyways

I did just figure out the pause issue, and the pause option disappears when save is set to mania. So, no issue there (other than that the autosaving on save->mania doesn't seem great).

As far as recruits go, I didn't find any on level 6... so I should try to find them and see how it behaves on my end. Here are some spoilers about the recruits I had trouble with:
Murphy, on floor 2 behind a secret door - garbled text, but didn't freeze

If any of those works fine for you, or I find Lawrence and it works fine for me, I suppose I've just been crying wolf the entire time...

I had the same issue when recruiting Murphy. I don't know what I chose (garbled text), but he wasn't around afterwards. But, I cast detectepic, and realized he was in town, just waiting to be added to a party. Not sure casting had anything to do with it, he might just be waiting for you in town.

This is getting weirder. I've explored and mapped every square on Floor 2 and there's no secret doors and no Murphy in my game. There is a locked door that I picked that had a gargoyle battle hidden behind it and some ancient text but no Murphy anywhere. Are we sure we have the same game lol? Sure enough, Laurence was waiting at the tavern to be recruited, a lvl 8 Lord. I went back down to Floor 4 with him in the party and spoke to the soldiers that were looking for him, but no different response from them.

Are we sure we have the same game lol?
Holy shit!! I don't think we do for multiple reasons - soldiers on floor 4, no murphy on floor 2 (murphy is a level 10 lord), gargoyles on level 2...

There are two empire GBC games that got translated - #1, The emperor of Naraka, and #2 The Staff of Resurrection .

So, I'm playing the first one "The Emperor of Naraka" The intro screen is just a sword.

I suspect you are playing 2, The staff of Resurrection - the intro screen is a pair of dragons... Are there a couple of soldiers you can talk to at the door of the dungeon, and a castle you can visit to talk to nobles or some such.

Here's the crazy thing. This thread seems to be for the first one, cause it sez Empire 1, and the image 'n boxart in the first post is the title screen of the game I'm playing.
BUT!! The link to RDHN from the same post goes to the page for the second game!! So yeah, that's crazy and I see how our wires got crossed.

This is the link for the first game's translation: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2316
The second game (the one I think you are playing) got a bunch of fixes and has another thread on here where rainponcho fixed a bunch of recruitment texts: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...ation-project-for-game-boy-color.97940/page-2

I suspect this first game may not have gotten a playthrough, while several people played the second one, BUT
I might also be going completely batshit insane!

Fun times :retarded:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Well that explains everything! I'm using the translation patch MrRichard999 linked in the first post in this thread and yes, I'm playing the Staff of Resurrection. My original ROM says Fukkatsu No Tsue and it's working perfectly so I'm pretty positive in saying the patch in this thread is for the Resurrection staff game.

Glad I've got another one to look forward to after playing this one.

Glad I've got another one to look forward to after playing this one.
Yeah, and you also have 3 more gb wizardry gaiden, and 1 snes gaiden - MrRichard & co do nice work!! Also, there will probably be less bugs when you get around to this one.

MrRichard999 So, a lot of chaos in this thread, but here's the tl;dr:
I am reporting bugs for wizardry empire 1 (emperor of naraka) and *not* empire 2 (staff of resurrection). The patch linked in this thread is for 2, but I'm definitely playing with the patch and appropriate rom (correct crc) for 1 from here : http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2316

So far, I've encountered 3 things I think are bugs, and I think they are all dungeon recruitment events.
The first one didn't cause a crash, only garbled text during the encounter, and the character got recruited just fine. I didn't make a save state for this one, but I can make it happen if needed.
The other two both caused crashes and I made and uploaded save states for both. Those links are bad now, but I can make more if you didn't get a chance to download them.

Please disregard anything I said about saving functionality - those bugs occurred between my ears. I'll make states for anything else I find.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
PaintMyProblems has fixed the dungeon recruitment issues for this and the patch has been updated. The link is on the first post!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom