Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry IV Gaiden SNES Translation to English - CURRENT VERSION 1.02

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
true Wiz-fanatics have a LOT to thank Richard and his co-workers on the PC version translation of Wizardry Empire 2 (my fave Wiz game), and on the Game Boy translations of the previous Empire games, and finally, with this whopping long-in-the-making translation of Wiz: Gaiden 4 for the SNES.

Counting the GB Wiz games as 1 "play", that is already 3 completely new and previously innaccesible to westerners Wizardry games that you would never, ever have gotten to enjoy in English were it not for Richard and everyone who he works with!

But, wait, there's more? Yes, don't forgot to "download" (or whatever it is kids these days do) Richard and team's english translation of yet another previously untranslated Wiz title: the incredibly rare Windows PC wizardry game called "Wizardry Chronicle", published in japan by none other than Microsoft Studios itself!

THAT'S A SHIT LOAD OF "NEW" WIZARDRY ISN'T IT, AND TO TOP THINGS OFF THEY'RE ALL 100000x BETTER THAN ANY WESTERN WIZ GAME POST-WIZ 7.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
aweigh, I summon you. I'm going to make a full walkthrough of this game. Last time I only completed first floor but I liked it a LOT.

Any particular advice for this game? This has a hybrid character system from Wiz 1-5, and Wiz6-7, so I'm not sure how to focus the party design.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
How do the save and difficulty systems work? I chose Mania Mode, and I thought the game would be automatically saved in town (EDIT : and nowhere else) since I never find a way to manually save, but it does not seem to work that way.
How does saving work in Mania Mode and in normal Mode?

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
One question. When I create a character, I can only select jap characters. Is that the way it is, or can it be solved?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
One question. When I create a character, I can only select jap characters. Is that the way it is, or can it be solved?
Press "SELECT" to navigate between different types of characters

Thanks man!

what's the meaning of the option to get auto leveled to 3 after creation, any drawbacks?

A big thank you to the translation & patching team. I needed something to play "on the go", and this looks like the best RPG available for android right now.

Last edited:

Hengki Kusuma Adi

Hey, we're prepared to import my parties from Wizardry Gaiden â…˘ (still playing that 3rd game), don't worry it will take more time to do that. For more Wizardry Gaiden â…˘ pictures, make sure to check my post on my twitter (contains spoiler).

Sent from my S3 Lite using Tapatalk

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Can someone enlighten me about how saving the game works (for each difficulty setting if possible)?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I think on Mania Mode it only saves when you go back to town.
That's what I thought based on the description, but when two of my characters died, I reseted the console and it reloaded just at the same place with my 2 dead characters so I assume it's just save & quit. That's what confused me and why I don't know how it would work in normal mode (maybe it's only important when your entire party get kiled or something).
Anyway I'll start a second game in normal mode to try and figure out what the difference is and I'll choose the best system.

Tarrant

Educated
One thing I'm not quite clear on... do solutions to some puzzles exist across dungeons, e.g. gotta grab an item in dungeon B to go back and solve something in dungeon A... or is each dungeon totally self-contained, housing all items necessary to complete it?

Also, *loving* this game. So very Wizardry V-ish.

Hengki Kusuma Adi

Just went start replaying Wizardry Gaiden IV right now, anybody should take a look at my Twitter for many screenshots of this game.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I applied the path and now the game is in full English. But keyboard is still in moon runes. What to do?
213N2QI.png

Enlino

Barely Literate
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for info. This is, as far as I can tell, the only English speaking thread about Wizardry IV Gaiden on the internet.

Does anyone know if there's anything left to do after reaching B4 of the Dragon's cave and getting the Amulet of W[erdna? izardry? ...aluigi?]. There's one or two things that seemed important but I haven't done anything with (specifically, the staff in the NW of Sanctuary F1 and the old man on F1 of the Ancient Cave who just teleports you out), and the amulet itself seems like I should be able to do something with it, but I've searched all the dungeons and can't find anything. I don't want to go on a wild goose chase if there's nothing to find, but there's enough dangling that I'm not 100% sure it's over.

Anyway, while I'm here I'd like to thank the people who translated the game. It's actually my first wizardry game, but I've had a blast playing it (The mandala puzzle was my favorite). Thanks so much for all your hard work.

Hengki Kusuma Adi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for info. This is, as far as I can tell, the only English speaking thread about Wizardry IV Gaiden on the internet.

Does anyone know if there's anything left to do after reaching B4 of the Dragon's cave and getting the Amulet of W[erdna? izardry? ...aluigi?]. There's one or two things that seemed important but I haven't done anything with (specifically, the staff in the NW of Sanctuary F1 and the old man on F1 of the Ancient Cave who just teleports you out), and the amulet itself seems like I should be able to do something with it, but I've searched all the dungeons and can't find anything. I don't want to go on a wild goose chase if there's nothing to find, but there's enough dangling that I'm not 100% sure it's over.

Anyway, while I'm here I'd like to thank the people who translated the game. It's actually my first wizardry game, but I've had a blast playing it (The mandala puzzle was my favorite). Thanks so much for all your hard work.

All you have to do when there's nothing special here after you get Amulet of W. is to collect all weapons/equipments/items for that (greedy) Boltac if you wanna get planned to import your party members to Wizardry Dimguil.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Hello, fellow kids!

I have a Galaxy Tab 4. The Google play store has a SNES EX(+)? Will this work on that tablet with that Snes version?

Can I even patch a ROM on a Tablet? Seems like the patch process is Windows-centric.

How's an ole nigga get hooked up, yo?

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom