Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizards & Warriors running (near) perfectly on modern OSs

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Mouse issue fixed in the latest patch.
Tested it out, and now working smoothly.
Kudos to GOG on this as it's been an issue for many years on modern operating systems.
I confirm. I bought the game, running it without problems, mouse seems to be working correctly. As to the game itself, I'm not sure so far, I barely begun. I only made my starting characters (2 warriors / 1 rogue / 1 priest / 2 wizards), bought some basic equipment and killed a grand total of one "troll".

hellbent

Augur
Mouse issue fixed in the latest patch.
Tested it out, and now working smoothly.
Kudos to GOG on this as it's been an issue for many years on modern operating systems.

Looks like it's time to finally delete my old "demo version" and get a legit GOG copy. Wallet is getting super light with Pathfinder dropping next week too, but at least WW should scratch the blobber itch while I wait for Bard's Tale to get optimized and price dropped in the coming months.

Bara

Arcane
So back in town after the first dungeon and I've got a few characters that qualify for role accession. Do I hold off till I get all their stats baseline 10? Or get the casters a majority of their spells?

Or just go for it?

Sinatar

Arbiter
There's no reason to wait for ascension, you can still take spells from the old schools as well as the new ones.

Bara

Arcane
Thanks Sinatar.

Also for anyone else as new to this game I am just learned when your doing guild quests you have to pick up the same quest per each member of the guild. So if you have two priests they both need to deliver the toad potion.

Finagle

Novice
For a first play through should I use the Jeff Ludwig mod that changes a bunch of shit or just play it in vanilla?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Just got it today on gog. Runs smooth on my i3 laptop under win10. Forgot how pixelated it was or the dorky npc movements every time you talk to them. I backloaded the default group of Player, elf, wizard, priest, whiskah, ugly fuck orc thing.

Just fucking around so I renamed:
Rike, Diana Troy, TRUNKS, Tasha Yarr, kept Whiskah Lickens, and Oinkers (shoulda called him oinkenstein but w/e).

Hard call... this or Barkley..... hmmm mod his face in there and the chaos dunk.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Oh wow, latest patch completely resolved the mouse lag issue! Also the townavis are fixed.

Still not fixed:
- Game is still stretched to widescreen at 640x480 resolution (the only resolution that looks right for this game)
- They claim appearance of Gareth at start is fixed, but I still had to revert the adventure at the inn for him to appear.

[Edit] Started it up again, and played for 90 min. straight. I became somewhat addicted, and would have played more but I need to be up at a reasonable time tomorrow for work.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I noticed the screen res stuck at that as well. It’s not likely I’ll get it set to my laptop’s widescreen (I forget the resolution atm).

There’s another small graphical glitch with the pixie. He’s/she/it is so small it doubles on the little screen to the left. Looks odd.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The dimensions of avatars all roughly the same?

96x96, PNG format. We strongly prefer that you find a way to rip them directly out of the game files if possible (rather than take screenshots and manually crop them out the image).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I imagine if you know how it’s a hell of a lot faster too; considering it took me forever to make an ULTIMA 4 SMS tileset (that mysteriously disappeared... :/ ).

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

ToddMcF2002

Educated
So I installed the GOG version and overlaid the Heuristic Park and Town AVI patches. That's it. I did notice that the HP patch executable wants a CD to start so I put the GOG executable back in its place. Game runs great. No mouse lag (D3D 640x480) and text/static images in town look great. I tried higher resolutions and didn't notice much in adventuring gameplay but significantly distorted the in town gameplay.

Should I be applying anything else beyond these patches in terms of leveling and character development or just play as is?

V_K

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom