Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
It's pronounced Wotan, it's the highest rank in the nazi pantheon.

Moink

Cipher
well they uploaded the wrong version to steam and the game doesn't work at all.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright, I have my Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem video online finally. I hadn't originally realized that I captured 30+ minutes lol.

Performance is spotty in places for unknown reasons. The game runs 50-60fps w/out capture software, but seems to be capped at 60fps. Captured at 1080p, the settings are on 'high' which is default for me. (I also didn't crash this time).

696DC7CE8717BF143670CE29BCFE4B07AEF9BAB1

Hope you enjoy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't like character idle or attacking animations. Idle looks like he is on drugs and cannot keep still. Attack looks and moving looks like he is sprinting, he is too forward.

Also spellcasting needs some more effects beyond just lightning spawning from palms.

getter77

Augur
It certainly seems to have a chance---but it definitely super early Alpha as they state. If they can roughly keep to their stated plan of about 2 updates a month going forward to build momentum, they should fare well indeed so long as they don't get hit with some engine trouble or some odd emergent community wranglings.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, how do you like writing, narration and quests in general ?
I like it, but they really need a legitimate translator. Also, the only 'quest' I got to play was what I did in the first part of the video, basically 10 minutes worth of content. Not very much to sink your teeth into though.

Some of the things aren't clearly explained either, and I expect that part of the beginning will be overhauled to address this. Like for instance; "Why is there a naked guy on a bridge?", "If he lost his memory, why does he know about 'rebels'?", "Why have these guys been searching for me?". I might have to create a forum account to let them know of my concerns.

Update 0.1.7
Posted by SolarFall Games (Creator)

Hi everyone !
First of all, we want to thank all of you for the help and feedback you provided us until now !
It has really helped us debugging and shaping the game, and we are working hard to fix the remaining crashes, glitches and other bugs.
We understand that performance and UI issues are the main problem at the moment, and we are working on it. In a close future we will also focus on decreasing loading times and adding new replayable mechanics.
For today, we are bringing a lot of new stuff, including a whole new dodge-roll mechanic in the game and 13 new skills as well! Here is the changelog, and a small video update.

Cheers,
Wolcen Studio

https://youtu.be/BQYH74siazc

GENERAL:

New: (Game changing) Dodge system: Press the space bar to perform a quick escape move. It costs 5 stamina points, available per default.
New: 13 new Skills New/Fix: Magic effects for weapons and armor are now generated as normal adding a lot of new items modifiers in the game
New: Added a minimap arrow pointing to the current quest Objective (gold for main quest, silver for secondary quest)
New: Added a small animation for newly equipped items in the Equipped Slot of the Inventory
Fixed: graphical options are now saved (low effect mode, SVOTI, and distant depth of field)
Fixed: Camera rotation issue
Fixed: Camera stuttering – The player acceleration has been increased while the basic inertia stays smooth
Fixed: Dual Wielded weapons were not correctly restored when loading a characters
Fixed: Several crashes involving Orc skills Improve: the random generated dungeons are now less subject to invisible walls, we are working on a full solution.
Modified: The max camera distance has been increased by 10%

UI:Fixed: Various missing localization (@ui_something)
Fixed: Dialog Box border removed
Improved: Active Skills UI: Tooltip on Power and Utility
Improved: Top screen health bar design
Improved: Passive Skill Panel looks decent now
Modified: Text font for each UI panels
Modified: Close button is now similar in each main UI windows

ENVIRONMENT:Fixed: Unending night in the open World Modified: new lighting for the Character Selection
Fixed: remove the player chest in the dungeons
Modified : Reduced the number of bandits and outlaws spawns

AUDIO:Modified: Replaced the (annoying) sound when you learn a spell
Fixed: Some sounds were ignoring the Volume parameters

CHARACTERS:
New: Level of Details of “Ogre”.
New: Level of Details of “Pythus”.
New: Level of Details for “Old Zombie”.
New: Level of Details for “Champion Orc”.
Improved: Burn particle for Pithus based models and skeleton models
Improved: Driller model has new detailed texture (but the Improve: Eye shader for the player

AI:
Modified: NightStalkers no longer chase the player. However, they will teleport and attack if the player comes too close
Improved: Fluid movement for Infernal Dogs

ANIMATION:
New: Default dodge animation for one handed and two handed poses
New: Idle animation for NightStalker
Improved: Dual wielding movement animations
Improved: Dual wielding right attack animation
Modified: Ghoul animations

FX:
New: Two handed Glass Hammer (looking really good :))
Improved: Effect of used Rage Globe on Player
Improved: Explosion and trail of the Fire Rain Skill
Improved: Effect of Charger Orc

GAMEPLAY :
New Skills: Each of these skills can be looted on enemies. Each skills has various chances to be found.
List of new skills:
Umbra Ray: Cast multiple magic rays to nearby enemies. Only works if enemy are present
Blizzard: A small blizzard will damage and snare affected enemies
Chain Lightning: Lightning strikes several targets, bounding from one to another
Deep Strike: Strike a group of enemies by teleporting on them. You will have a chance to stun them on landing.
Lightning Bolt: Combo spells striking fast moving projectile all around
Magnetic Strike: A fast casted, localized, lightning explosion
Bloodbath: Enemies can no longer target you, and you steal health of the enemies nearby
Force Shield: Provide you a chance to drop incoming attack or projectile
Mass Frenzy: Enemies start to attack each other
Ground Stomp: Stun all enemies nearby
Umbral Bomb: A powerful explosion after a long delay in a localized area
War Cry: Increase you armor and rage rating during a limited amount of time Absorption Shield: Absorb incoming damage and make projectile bounce (can possibly strike enemies nearby)

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks a lot like Diablo 3 to me, visually. Better but with similar aesthetic. The beginning map with the bridge in the dungeon etc, looks exactly like the promo video of D3 as far as I can recall..

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Presentation is awesome.
If this game will have Planescape Torment narration and thought-provoking story, I don't care if it's ARPG.

PATCH 0.1.9 : HUGE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS, WEATHER SYSTEM, WEAPON TRAILS, DEATH SYSTEM WIP, NEW LOCALIZATION AND MORE !

Hi Backers, it's update time ! Here's the complete changelog :

GENERAL:Huge performance improvements. The performance shouldn’t decrease over time now.
New: Weather system version 1.0. The sky is now more dynamic, with giant clouds blocking the sun, and rain all over the world of Wolcen.

f4b89c21bc2f4be337ac442bba3d77ac_original.gif

The new dynamic rain in effect
New: Dynamic weapon trails! The system is now fully fonctionnal. It will alow use to add nice trail effects to all weapons and skills using sets of particles. Most weapon particles are currently WIP.
New: Once dead, you can only respawn in Amarth. Enemies will respawn. Every looted items on the ground will disappear.
New: Merchant purchases will now use gold limitation.
New: Active Effect for various magic icons (burn, open wound, movement speed) – Still WIP, some effects are not displaying icons at the moment.
Fixed various crashes involving enemies projectile

UI:
Improved: The HUD displaying loot icons is now running in 60 frame per second – Icon struttering is fixed.
Fixed: Waypoints name weren’t displayed on minimap.
Fixed : various bug displaying item details
New : Tooltip for Character Sheet details have been added
Improved: The Book tutorial will not appear out of the tutorial area
Fixed: Missing icons in the Passive Skill tree

LOCALIZATION:
Improved: English localization thanks to Squidcake!
New: Spanish localization by ldtime. Thank you ldtime!
New: French localization.
Fixed : A lot of missing strings have been replaced in both English and French. So Wolcen is now in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, German, and soon hungarian! Thanks to our awesome community. You guys you are doing a great job � The fonts are work in progress.

GAMEPLAY:
Improved: Dead impulse is now more realistic. Most enemies doesn’t feel like weighing 20kg anymore.
New weapons to loot !
Improved: Enemies with elemental aura and affinity don’t have a permanent aura anymore – The effect is now active for a limited time, then disappears, and appears again (regular pulse)
Fixed a glitch allowing the player to move fast after a dodge (space bar) Greatly reduced bleed damage inflicted by butchers
Improved: Dialog boxes stay now 15secondes instead of 7.
Fixed: All enemies are now affected by the dead impulse (some of them were just falling on the ground).
Fixed: The player will never be blocked in a non walkable area (fixed – the previous patch was not 100% working)

ENVIRONMENT:
Improved: Optimize the polycount of the ferns by approximately 200%
Improved: Ennemies spawning on screen
New Megascans assets with an area reworked.

35cf25ac56b9aaf06f57ce188e6820ad_original.gif

Before/After
CHARACTERS:
Fixed : Capes are now properly saved and loaded

ANIMATION: Various fixes for player animations
Ogre default attack modified

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this the game that changed names from Zombra or something? I can quite keep up
They wish they could be called Zombra . They went for the almost-there-but-not-quite Umbra in the beginning

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom