Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I meant user reviews. I know that those reviews are bought and paid for.
Is it dying on Steam?

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
People are bombing the reviews on steam, but that is almost exclusively related to technical issues with some salty alt righters mixed in, rather than to game itself.
In the end, you can look at the user reviews for yourself and see.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That would mean I give a fuck about this game enough to waste time and research things. Just no. I would rather play Stalker Call of Chernobyl mod than do that.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Even slapdicks who threw $60 down the drain on a game that will be $20 in January -all because Twitter told them how “woke” it is - concede it has gameplay issues:

- No / inconsistent feedback when taking damage (I’ll add myself that the weapons all appear to be hitscan, so while idiots role-playing as antifa won’t understand, anyone with FPS experience will know how this can be a big problem).
- Levels that are even more linear than its predecessor.
- Higher difficulty levels aren’t hard so much as obnoxious. Challenge mostly comes from dying in one or two shots.

And this all before you realize it’s a 10 hour game with 3 hours of cutscenes, no multiplayer, and no appreciable replay value other than bumping up the difficulty or replaying missions for collectibles.

I guess VICE said it’s one of the most important games of the year though, so if kicking $60 to a multinational corporation is just as strong a protest to you as kicking over a trash can at the next rally, go ahead and stick it to some Nazis.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
yCG1EWn.jpg

my in depth review.

Only fps that comes close to old school is shadow warrior and a few indi games/mods. All the rest is a shit pretending to be old school.
If you mean SW 2013, only in gunplay and encounter design, as there's xp, progression and stuff like that.

I can't believe people are taking these satirical reviews seriously.
They're actually god-damn serious. Now Inquisishit's...

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The tenor of the reviews I remember was like "buy this shit fantastic game or you'll be responsible for the end of single player story driven games and are a bad person because you don't want to punch nazis".

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
"All the educated and eloquent people in my field disagree with me, they must all be crazy."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah right :roll:
Well I guess it goes backs to the political message since you Mynon like it. I forgot that something that toe the line must get unconditional praise.

..... give me a break.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Funny thing is that this game was written and performance captured in 2015/2016, that whole story campaign has probably been locked down since the start of this year.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The tenor of the reviews I remember was like "buy this shit fantastic game or you'll be responsible for the end of single player story driven games and are a bad person because you don't want to punch nazis".
It's good to be bad.

Pffft, right. Even if TEW 2 is a much better case to support than this cringefest piece of ÜberScheiße.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
"I expected more of the awesome stuff, like this"

*shows footage of guy statically shooting non-moving enemies with guns that cover more than half the screen*

Yeah, the first one was certainly great lel.

Ash

Arcane
First one was mediocre. This one looks even worse.

One of these days I'm going to give up on modern gaming entirely, reluctantly. There's more than enough great old games, as well as decent mods being released for them.

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter

He basically whines that BJ dies too fast and that the games is true hard, which in his eyes means that the gameplay is bad. Why play an old school shooter on higher difficulty and then complain about something like that?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
First one was mediocre. This one looks even worse.

One of these days I'm going to give up on modern gaming entirely, reluctantly. There's more than enough great old games, as well as decent mods being released for them.
I have given up a half a decade ago, i play a AAA game once a year at max.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom