Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - two player co-op with BJ's daughters

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
yes.png
I demand more glorious butthurt!

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The difference is that those women are attractive and generally straight, the tranny freaks and ugly women need to feel accepted too in video games so they don't want a fantasy world to be perfect and instead would rather drag an entire hobby down with them.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WTF.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is a brand-new co-op game unveiled at the Bethesda BE3 Showcase 2018. The game takes place in 1980, 19 years after BJ Blazkowicz ignited the second American Revolution in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood introduces the next Blazkowicz generation to the fight against the Nazis. Play as one of BJ’s twin daughters, Jess and Soph, as you search for your missing father in Nazi-occupied Paris.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood will release in 2019.

please make it stop

I really liked BJ in The New Order and The Old Blood. It seemed born of a basic writing prompt for turning an oldschool FPS hero into a real human being, but the end result surprised me and I really liked the character. Reflective without being overwritten, and fundamentally understandable without being stupidly basic. I found him strangely relatable.

His character in The New Colossus was... not that. His reflections seemed to go from melancholic comments to middleschool melodrama, and they felt a need to try and explain why an FPS character famous for hating Nazis... hates Nazis. It was equal parts pointless, the wrong kind of silly, and heavy handed to the point of frustration. I haven't played TNO or TNB since I found myself unable to stomach finishing TNC, so admittedly my positive feelings towards the first two nuWolfenstein games may change if I revisit them in the future. But I know for a fact I'm not interested in Youngblood. Irrespective of whether you're playing as him or his daughters, I've completely lost faith that the writers have any capacity for subtlety or writing characters like human beings. This might not matter in a shooter, but given how much of TNC was cutscenes instead of bang bang shooty time it certainly impacts the overall experience more than it should.

I hope them the best but I am thoroughly expecting the worst.

Angthoron

Arcane
The premise of lone protagonists fighting the nazis that have RULED THE WORLD FOR 40 YEARS with next to no resistance is so fucking dumb if you give it more than two thoughts' worth, oh man.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The premise of lone protagonists fighting the nazis that have RULED THE WORLD FOR 40 YEARS with next to no resistance is so fucking dumb if you give it more than two thoughts' worth, oh man.
The reason they've ruled the world with next to no resistance (other than by the mentally ill and retarded) is because they've been doing a fucking good job of it, apparently. It's the 1960s and humanity has a goddamn Moon base, they've sent manned missions to Venus, they've been busy creating magnificent marvels of architecture, mega-engineering projects and colonizing the Solar System.

For a franchise that is ostensibly all about showing the horrors of a world ruled by the Nazis NuWolfenstein hasn't been doing a good job of it. Blaskowitz and his merry band of social rejects are portrayed as mentally ill, monstrous terrorists with no regard for human life, the poor Jews that get persecuted are actually guilty of hoarding technology that could have alleviated the misery of millions of humans (but didn't want to share with the filthy goyim) and are busy giving innocent people cancer and destroying domiciles and their inhabitants by sabotaging the magic cement. Hell, the mother of the wonder twins was a batshit insane whore that slept with perfectly innocent German soldiers that did her no ill just so she could kill them. She even relished getting pregnant by one of them just so she could abort the baby.

I get that leftists are lacking in self-awareness, but can they at least try and make the "good" guys sympathetic when they decided to shit out propaganda?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I noticed Arkane logo on preorder page. Hope they taught those guys one thing or two about level design since it was The New Colossus' worst aspect.

Angthoron

Arcane
The reason they've ruled the world with next to no resistance (other than by the mentally ill and retarded) is because they've been doing a fucking good job of it, apparently. It's the 1960s and humanity has a goddamn Moon base, they've sent manned missions to Venus, they've been busy creating magnificent marvels of architecture, mega-engineering projects and colonizing the Solar System.

For a franchise that is ostensibly all about showing the horrors of a world ruled by the Nazis NuWolfenstein hasn't been doing a good job of it. Blaskowitz and his merry band of social rejects are portrayed as mentally ill, monstrous terrorists with no regard for human life, the poor Jews that get persecuted are actually guilty of hoarding technology that could have alleviated the misery of millions of humans (but didn't want to share with the filthy goyim) and are busy giving innocent people cancer and destroying domiciles and their inhabitants by sabotaging the magic cement. Hell, the mother of the wonder twins was a batshit insane whore that slept with perfectly innocent German soldiers that did her no ill just so she could kill them. She even relished getting pregnant by one of them just so she could abort the baby.

I get that leftists are lacking in self-awareness, but can they at least try and make the "good" guys sympathetic when they decided to shit out propaganda?
Yeah, this is kinda what I meant. The game is set in 1980ies. Yes, bad guys won, but by this point it's been like 40 years, life is generally normal, except for a bunch of what seems to be a bunch of extremely deranged personalities waging a war of terror on everything against them.

I mean damn, just about everyone that's part of the resistance in Colossus is damaged beyond belief. Just the whole part with the guy without a brain should be good enough but then you have the rest of the crew that supposedly has brains but somehow is even worse.

Also, how did BJ have time to raise a family? Where's the game about that? Come on, Bethesda, no plug-in clone of Fallout Shelter, where you're bunch of rebels without a cause stuck on a nuclear sub? Just add a plot progression and voila, you got yourself a game. Hire me or something. Sheesh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom