Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - two player co-op with BJ's daughters

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Gears of War female protagonist - Check.
Wolfenstein female protagonist - Check.
BattleField V advertisement with badass female - Check.
Female team leader in The Division 2 - Check.
Sassy faminist chick in DMC5 - Check.

Women buying videogames - still no go, must double down moar, that will surely work
Cucks who support feminism and shitty games buy this crap though.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
WTF?Why are their heads big rectangles?Are they some kind of next-gen Pyramid-head?

That design has been around since The New Order tho. Some kind of ancient supertechnology.

power_armor_male_highpoly_by_panick-d7lk8o8.jpg

Hmm I remember the super suit but I didn't remember the stupid helmet.
meh.png

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
the nazis winning and striking down the revolution ignited at the end of The New Colossus kind of nullifies everything that happened in that game
you'd expect that a full-blown american revolution against der Schwabe would contain enough material for its own game, but we gotta skip ahead some twenty years and get dose 80's fashwave nostalgiabux instead?
at the same time there was nothing much to look forward to after TNC, so a timeskip was the probably the right call
I do hope that Hitler still survived up to this point, they still haven't delivered on Mecha Hitler Redux after making him survive in TNC

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'm already fearing the worst for Wolfenstein 3.

"The year is 2020. The Germans have decided to become good again. You are Inge Engel, the other daughter, who must infiltrate Murrica and help liberate its oppressed citizens from the evil and racist Orange Man."

Vityaz

Augur
the nazis winning and striking down the revolution ignited at the end of The New Colossus kind of nullifies everything that happened in that game
you'd expect that a full-blown american revolution against der Schwabe would contain enough material for its own game, but we gotta skip ahead some twenty years and get dose 80's fashwave nostalgiabux instead?
at the same time there was nothing much to look forward to after TNC, so a timeskip was the probably the right call
I do hope that Hitler still survived up to this point, they still haven't delivered on Mecha Hitler Redux after making him survive in TNC

I think they're saving Mecha Hitler for Wolf 3. Youngblood is pretty much just a spinoff, like The Old Blood.

Although I am not quite sure how they'll handle the timeframe. 80's does seem kinda late for the whole "dystopian dieselpunk nazis".

Parsifarka

Arcane

I expected the worst and yet it managed to break my cringe-o-meter. It's like a Red Dawn written by a Marvel hack scriptwriter with a Starbucks OD trying really hard to be edgy.
I'm amazed this is getting produced. The world has gone really mad.
It deserves six prosper personae out of five. It sends shivers down my spine to think that this isn't peak wokism yet; they have such sights to show us... Please, stop the train.
:prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper:

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page:

Safe space version for our German friends: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057810/

And the VR game:

Also safer version here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057820/

Both games indeed list Arkane as co-developer. Arkane Lyon is on this: https://bethesda.net/en/article/1Lo...tein-youngblood-release-date-gameplay-trailer

A TALE OF TWO STUDIOS
On its face, Youngblood tells the story of two sisters, but behind the scenes, it also tells the story of two sister studios. MachineGames has partnered with the creative talents at Arkane Studios in Lyon to bring you the latest installment in this series.

“This opportunity to co-develop our next installment of the Wolfenstein series with Arkane Studios in Lyon is a great example of how we can be stronger as part of the ZeniMax family,” says Jerk Gustafsson, Game Director at MachineGames. “This collaboration and sharing of our respective expertise has not only resulted in a truly great and completely new Wolfenstein experience, but it has also brought our two studios closer together in a friendship that will be of tremendous value in our continuous efforts to craft beautiful, original and fun video games.”

“Arkane is working on a number of exciting projects,” continues Dinga Bakaba, Game Director at Arkane Studios in Lyon. “But when we got this opportunity to join forces with our MachineGames friends on Youngblood, we were thrilled. It’s been an honor to help realize this vision of two sisters fighting back against a fascist regime in the streets of 1980s Paris. This has also been a unique chance to bring an Arkane touch to the Wolfenstein IP, and we’ve been able to gather some learnings from one of the most talented studios in the world in the process.”

RapineDel

Augur
Why is there a Wolfenstein 3 after this? I thought TNC sold poorly so why do they keep flogging a dead horse?

Anyway The New Order was OK I guess, TOB was more of the same and then TNC was genuinely awful. Who's idea was it to devote more time and resources to the story and cut scenes instead of improving on the game play? That's the problem with modern FPS, the publishers/developers are too scared people will get bored and have to cram that crap in to appeal to walking simulator fans or something.

The issue with the TND/TOB, like most modern FPS is the level design is mostly poor so it just comes down to shooting enemies and nothing else. Why don't they ever go back to why Doom was good? Shooting people was only part of the experience, the level design that actually made you think is something that should have stayed a staple and been expanded on but no, the apparent "successor" to that is cut scenes, linear corridors and social justice.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Why is there a Wolfenstein 3 after this? I thought TNC sold poorly so why do they keep flogging a dead horse?

Anyway The New Order was OK I guess, TOB was more of the same and then TNC was genuinely awful. Who's idea was it to devote more time and resources to the story and cut scenes instead of improving on the game play? That's the problem with modern FPS, the publishers/developers are too scared people will get bored and have to cram that crap in to appeal to walking simulator fans or something.

The issue with the TND/TOB, like most modern FPS is the level design is mostly poor so it just comes down to shooting enemies and nothing else. Why don't they ever go back to why Doom was good? Shooting people was only part of the experience, the level design that actually made you think is something that should have stayed a staple and been expanded on but no, the apparent "successor" to that is cut scenes, linear corridors and social justice.

They're not interested in making good levels, they're interested in telling an SJW-approved story that makes you want to "punch nazis", i.e. anyone who isn't an SJW. They know they can get away with it because the media that will cover and review the game is also SJW and will give it glowing reviews because of how "brave" and "stunning" the game is and how mature it is for nazi-punchers.

Wunderbar

Arcane
The thing that disappoints me the most is how they squandered the setting.
It was already bad in WTNC, but this time just for the sake of introducing BJ's daughters they decided to skip fucking 20 years.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Only 40 bucks CAD. What is that, like 25 American dollars? Is this some kind of AAA experiment?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, that's some bullshit channel that labelled the story trailer a gameplay trailer for clicks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom