Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Keshik

Arcane
Seems this one might involve time travel with that Infinite dragonflight they kind of dropped after WoTLK.

Delterius

Arcane
Pandaria also throwed on your face how the world makes no sense at all... I had just slayed fucking Deathwing a month ago and saved all of Azeroth together with the Dragon Aspects and Thrall... Pandaria arrives and then some Pandas ask me to kill RATS in their farms, and all those rats are lv 92, take 10 fireballs each to die and if too many of them surround me, I die.

Did you start playing WoW on Cataclysm or something?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Seems this one might involve time travel with that Infinite dragonflight they kind of dropped after WoTLK.
How so?

The bronze dragon aspect is now a powerless mortal. The infinite dragonflight were pretty much fucked up the A.
I mean, they might add some Cavern of Time dungeon/raid, but I don't think the expansion will revolve around it.

Keshik

Arcane
Well, was a rumour on MMO-Champion that Grom is the villain, which would require time travel of some sort as he's dead. They had also hinted about Illidan showing up again in the past, and him showing up via time travel is better than them pulling some ridiculous reason for him surving yet again.

At least Turalyon and Alleria will show up in this one.

J1M

Arcane
Well, was a rumour on MMO-Champion that Grom is the villain, which would require time travel of some sort as he's dead. They had also hinted about Illidan showing up again in the past, and him showing up via time travel is better than them pulling some ridiculous reason for him surving yet again.

If (lol, when) they bring Illidan back it will be as a leader of a Demon Hunter subfaction when they add Demon Hunters as a playable class.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Talk about lazy. Can't be assed to develop new content so let's just make an expansion about time travel.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They had also hinted about Illidan showing up again in the past, and him showing up via time travel is better than them pulling some ridiculous reason for him surving yet again.
Black Temple was just a setback!

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Im a sucker for WoW. Rebooted my char for the start of most expansions, level like mad, its pretty fun. Everyone is 100% serious about getting to cap as fast as they can and drama is constant on almost every run. Usually it was me and another couple friends playing so wed quest together etc and every once awhile youd cross paths with some lone horde guy and gank him with /spit /point /laugh macros equipped until he logged and created an alliance char to abuse you. Once you cap theres the same thing at dailies and dungeon drama turns into guild drama, its good laughs for a couple months anyways. Also, back when I was 14 or w/e walking into Stormwind and flying around on gryphons and shit was fucking cool.

Its alot different now though, back when realms werent interconnected reputations were important, materials more scarce and the mmo formula less refined there was some amazing drama. Probably some of my best gaming memories. Waking up at 5am before school in the hopes of phat loot but getting instead 30min of disorganized attempts and the breakdown of the guild leader and his shrill gf over vent. Ninjaing items and making lifelong grudges. Emptying guild banks over interguild intrigue, etc :,(

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
True Story: I met a guy over wow who was a motorcycle pro (I never believed him but he never changed his story) who was famous for being above-avg at pvp and a douche on the server (I was also somewhat famous for this, ty). Anyway we ended up keeping touch outside of wow and in that time he 1.Fucked a girl he had a longtime crush on at her wedding rehearsal in the bathroom (saw facebook drama) 2. Got in touch with his stepmother who took care of him from like 8-16 and fucked her (showed me pictures) 3. Went gay soon after 4. Stole $200 bux from me. Now he sells mobile phones and smokes alot of weed I think.

Also met a bro that turned out to be a belgian thug who had something to do with heroin selling because he went webcam with me and showed me 2 bricks before injecting live. I have the pics somewhere but not sure if should upload. Anyway he was a pretty quiet dude and he spent most his time managing and boxxy fan forum where he met an american girl who he brang over and married. Lost touch with him around then.

J1M

Arcane
True Story: I met a guy over wow who was a motorcycle pro (I never believed him but he never changed his story) who was famous for being above-avg at pvp and a douche on the server (I was also somewhat famous for this, ty). Anyway we ended up keeping touch outside of wow and in that time he 1.Fucked a girl he had a longtime crush on at her wedding rehearsal in the bathroom (saw facebook drama) 2. Got in touch with his stepmother who took care of him from like 8-16 and fucked her (showed me pictures) 3. Went gay soon after 4. Stole $200 bux from me. Now he sells mobile phones and smokes alot of weed I think.

Also met a bro that turned out to be a belgian thug who had something to do with heroin selling because he went webcam with me and showed me 2 bricks before injecting live. I have the pics somewhere but not sure if should upload. Anyway he was a pretty quiet dude and he spent most his time managing and boxxy fan forum where he met an american girl who he brang over and married. Lost touch with him around then.
That guy is really lucky he found out his bride was a slut before the wedding. That gay dude was a true bro. :smug:

J1M

Arcane
My Blizzcon prediction for WoW:

New class: Timewalker
-Wears +INT mail armor
-Weaver spec (healing)
-Warden spec (tank)
-Watcher spec (dps)

Outland revamped for new race starting areas, faster 60-70 levelling curve, and new 85-90 zones

New race for horde: Ogre
-Blade's Edge Mountains as starting zone

New race for alliance: ethereals (or high elves if blizzard gets really lazy)
-Netherstorm retooled as starting zone

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
predicting outland/ interplanetary plot too
no mo enemies left

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I hope they revamp the old race models instead of adding new ones.

As for class, I doubt they are going to add another on this expansion, maybe on the next.

Zeriel

Arcane
It'll be another Cataclysm, yeah. Randomize the heightmap of old zones, then pretend it took all their developer time, that's why there's only one new raid at release and 1/2 the dungeons there should be. Cash in on TBC nostalgia for that 12M copies sold day 1, before everyone realizes its even worse than Mists.

J1M

Arcane
I hope they revamp the old race models instead of adding new ones.

As for class, I doubt they are going to add another on this expansion, maybe on the next.
Yes, I forgot to add that to my list. They will redo the racial models (except goblin and worgen).

Don Peste

Arcane
What's so interesting about their story (I don't really know)? I alwats found Horde characters much more interesting: Gul'dan, Ner'zhul, Teron Gorefiend, Blackhand, Kilrogg, Kargath...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
My Blizzcon prediction for WoW:

New class: Timewalker
-Wears +INT mail armor
-Weaver spec (healing)
-Warden spec (tank)
-Watcher spec (dps)

Outland revamped for new race starting areas, faster 60-70 levelling curve, and new 85-90 zones

New race for horde: Ogre
-Blade's Edge Mountains as starting zone

New race for alliance: ethereals (or high elves if blizzard gets really lazy)
-Netherstorm retooled as starting zone
My prediction:

Sargeras main villain. "Warlords of Draenoe" would reflect the raid tiers (and dungeons) prior to Sargeras which would consist of a new big Pit Lord, a Demon Prince like Malchezaar (or w/e, dude from Karazhan), massive Infernals, etc. Also introducing a few new types of demons.

Like I said before, Outlands revamped. Completely. Winterspring or something revamped into a 90-92 zone (burning legion "landing zone") - a couple of new zones in Outlands in addition to existing ones for ~92-95 - or 92-100 if they go with 10 levels.

No new races.

Character models re-done. New models and textures. Animations are mostly the same. Same hairstyles etc. just a lot nicer-looking.

New class: Runemaster.
Tauren, Orc, Goblin, Troll; Human, Night Elf, Draenei, Dwarf.
Intelligence/agility (tanking spec) Mail user.
Three specs: Ranged DPS with "traps" like D2 Assassin or D3 Demon Hunter and a golem minion; Ranged semi-DPS/Healer kind of like the Monk mistwalker but with ranged spells; Melee tank - imagine enhancement Shaman but meatier - perhaps using a "golem form".
Special resource: Runepower. Kind of like Death Knight's resource, but a singular type. Deal damage/Heal/Take or absorb damage to generate. Used to create Runes - zones of power (increases damage, healing, damage reduction), traps (damage dealing, disabling), summoning runes (summons minion after a short time).

Guild houses in major cities. Works like an instance portal in faction capitals and teleports to guild house. Interior reflects guild achievements (banners, fishing ponds, "fast production" crafting stations, and more) and houses a few standard services - one unique to a new profession (see below). If not in a guild, it teleports to a Common Hall (a bare-bone "guild house").

New profession: Mystic. Has head enchantment as the primary bonus and can craft... uh, I dunno. Stuff.

PvP changes:
Resilience changed so it only really benefits Arena PvP.
Item levels changed into "values": PvE values reflect old item levels, PvP values (on PvP items) reflect Battleground conversion effectiveness. (Item with PvP value of 500 would convert into the equivalent of a 500 PvE for the purpose of Battlegrounds).

Keshik

Arcane
What's so interesting about their story (I don't really know)? I alwats found Horde characters much more interesting: Gul'dan, Ner'zhul, Teron Gorefiend, Blackhand, Kilrogg, Kargath...

Well, I suppose it is mainly their absence in TBC when everyone else from the Alliance Expedition showed up that has people just wanting them to show up. And the game needs some cool Paladins, what with Uther dead and Tirion Mary Sue Fordring in the game. :P

Delterius

Arcane

Actually you kinda hit the nail on the head.

The Alliance has routinely lost its most historical characters. When TBC was launched there was a big expectation for members of the Alliance Expedition from WC2 -- after all, they were some of the few allied heroes who didn't die in WC3. Also then, some wondered if they (mostly Turalyon) wouldn't take the reins of the Alliance given that pre-Pandaria WoW didn't give a lot of spotlight to non-Orc/Human/Current expansion races.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom