Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sargeras is basically the Satan of WoW -- there's no way they'd make him the main villain/killable raid boss when there's probably at least another five or six years of life left in the game.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Speaking of the Alliance. Has Blizzard done anything about its (perceived or real) Horde favoritism ? Back when I was playing during Cataclysm I had to put up with massive amounts of moaning from Alliance player saying that the Horde were the spotlight of every expansion and the Alliance never won anything to the point that they were becoming a joke. There was even a massive thread on the Blizzard forums that got some blue posts that was filled to the brim with butthurt over the burning of Theramore and the horde winning yet again.

After that crap I wished for a third faction so I wouldn't have to put up with more Alliance VS horde plot lines and arguments.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The final raid of pandaland is about deposing Garrosh so I guess they haven't done anything about it yet.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They mostly ignore it because it's pointless complaining. You're talking about maybe 10% of the community that are so worked up they 'identify' with their faction whereas most people probably make multiple characters of both factions.

Delterius

Arcane
Speaking of the Alliance. Has Blizzard done anything about its (perceived or real) Horde favoritism ?

I wouldn't know since I quitted WoW in Cata, but I wouldn't expect them to do so until Pandaria, and Garrosh's storyline, are both over.

I always found those complaints rather interesting because I always found the game's quests, horde-side, more interesting. And that as a former diehard human player since WC2. Ultimately, I find it hard to argue horde favoritism prior to Cataclysm -- things always seem rather symmetric. In TBC both the Orcs and the Humans had something to look forward to, not to mention the new races; Whereas LK had both humans and the Forsaken on the spotlight. And etcetera.

But I do think things got all around more interesting for the Horde in Cataclysm. The Goblins get a whole city while the british get a neighborhood the likes of the Night Elf park in Vanilla Stormwind. It still isn't reasonable to argue outright favoritism because I think that Blizzard just bit much more than they could chew in Cataclysm and its natural somethings are cut. And quite a lot was. The real issue, however, is that Cataclysm happened to be the expansion that amped up the production values of in-game storytelling -- quests became more elaborate and faction leaders more proactive in the story.

Nonetheless, things didn't get really bad until MoP. That's where, I think, Blizzard dropped the ball.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The zenith of WoW was TBC heroics and raids. Wrath wasn't bad but it started the downward spiral of fewer dungeons, fewer raids, bigger focus on daily quests, etc. Scenarios were an awful edition and just a way they can be lazy and make fewer dungeons.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Zed seems to have nailed it. I hope Outlands become some portal nexus for all types of weird places, that could be cool.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Update on mmorpgchamp:

World of Warcraft Team

Alex Afrasiabi (Furor) - He started out as a Quest Designer, then Lead Quest Designer up until WoTLK, then Lead World Designer in Cataclysm, then he disappeared after Tigole announced he was moving to another project (Titan), but he is apparently now back as Creative Director for the next expansion!
Craig Amai - He was a previously a Game Designer, and is now the Lead Quest Designer for the next expansion.
Dave Kosak - He was previously Lead Quest Designer, and is now the Lead Narrative Designer for the next expansion.

This is pretty interesting. Furor in a pretty important role. They should put Tigole up as Lead Designer again and fire Ghostcrawler.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think people pine after Turalyon and Alleria because the last time we really had any relation to them was before (Warcraft 2: The Dark Portal) Blizzard started giving the Disney treatment to everything they write. For the same reason, I'd expect them to be a massive disappointment to everyone when they are written the same way all modern Blizzard characters are written.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think people pine after Turalyon and Alleria because the last time we really had any relation to them was before (Warcraft 2: The Dark Portal) Blizzard started giving the Disney treatment to everything they write. For the same reason, I'd expect them to be a massive disappointment to everyone when they are written the same way all modern Blizzard characters are written.
played wow for a fucking decade and I have no idea who those two are

Zeriel

Arcane

Like I said, they are from the Warcraft 2 time period. They were the Alliance superheroes who went through the Dark Portal and genocided Draenor, along with Khadgar and others. (So basically they are Hitler and Stalin, if you are an Orc or Draenei.)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Like I said, they are from the Warcraft 2 time period. They were the Alliance superheroes who went through the Dark Portal and genocided Draenor, along with Khadgar and others. (So basically they are Hitler and Stalin, if you are an Orc or Draenei.)
well they certainly have the chance to introduce wc1/2/hidden-in-lore characters... also to re-introduce characters like Rexxar if they re-make outlands. Rexxar is cool.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If this time travel shit really is the expansion then they've officially reached creative bankruptcy.

Ninjerk

Arcane
The zenith of WoW was TBC heroics and raids. Wrath wasn't bad but it started the downward spiral of fewer dungeons, fewer raids, bigger focus on daily quests, etc. Scenarios were an awful edition and just a way they can be lazy and make fewer dungeons.
And death from the skies PvP.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
And death from the skies PvP.
hey that was pretty fun when you were among the first on the server with flying mount

people were literally keyboard-turning in confusion when I charged them from the sky with my warrior. it was kinda buggy though because I took fall damage half the time and died. still had them keyboard-turning in confusion.

Zeriel

Arcane
I miss when the Netherdrake rep grind was in. I'd fly out there on my gladiator drake, use potions that made your hitbox huge, then PVP flag up on top of quest objectives right when people were trying to click/loot them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If this time travel shit really is the expansion then they've officially reached creative bankruptcy.

That happened a long fucking time ago. Even in TBC they started re-using skins and models. :rpgcodex:

Eh, they always re-used skins and models to death. I'm talking about being so lazy they can't even advance the gameworld/storyline.

Keshik

Arcane
WoDLogoPreivew.jpg

Logo in background accidentally, apparently.

Don Peste

Arcane
So mmmh... Revamped Draenor + new areas, both for low and high levels, Ogres for the Horde and ehm some weird succubus for the Alliance, and Turalyon and co. are back, Grom too.

Zeriel

Arcane
Metzen just fucking confirmed its a time travel expansion, dear fucking lord. ALL OUR DARKEST FEARS WERE TRUE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom