Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Those new models look like crap. Hope they leave the choice of which ones to use to the players themselves. :hmmm:

Think they have confirmed this before. I bet you can switch them on/off like the asian models on EverQuest 2.

The announcement trailer and videos? Totally underwhelming. Totally.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I liked it. But it just might be in comparison to pandaland.

Trolls will finally get beard options, fuck your old models.

Keshik

Arcane
Wonder what the garrison things are going to be "players will construct, command, and expand their own Garrison, a customizable base of operations and refuge for the followers you recruit to your desperate cause"

We can make our own NPC parties ?

More likely some kind of a daily hub for yourself. Command your NPCs and do random dailies every day! Fun for the whole family!

Don Peste

Arcane
892172_10151831989854398_1275256980_o.jpg

Kargath, Doomhammer, Kilrogg, Durotan, Grom, Ner'zhul, Gul'dan?

Oh, Blackhand, much better: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

Bahamut

Arcane
Wonder what the garrison things are going to be "players will construct, command, and expand their own Garrison, a customizable base of operations and refuge for the followers you recruit to your desperate cause"

We can make our own NPC parties ?

Mabye it will work like that farm on Pandaria

Keshik

Arcane
Give me 15 or so heroics (or a difficulty above heroic) that are as hard as Cataclysm heroics on launch day, and I might be back. Done with raiding, done with dailies, done with achievements. And no, I don't care for speed runs for cosmetic gear. 45min Stratholme back in Vanilla was quite fun though.

What is that? No? Fuck you then.

Zeriel

Arcane
Give me 15 or so heroics (or a difficulty above heroic) that are as hard as Cataclysm heroics on launch day, and I might be back. Done with raiding, done with dailies, done with achievements. And no, I don't care for speed runs for cosmetic gear. 45min Stratholme back in Vanilla was quite fun though.

Sorry, buddy. Heroics are going to be for one-shotting in pugs, and every raid will have an LFR version that outfits you in a full suit of epics day 1. Enjoy your singleplayer game with zero required grouping that just happens to have always online DRM in the form of this whole "multiplayer" thing!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
We’re still in the process of determining which races will be available upon the expansion’s release, but our goal is to update all eight of the original World of Warcraft playable races, along with the Draenei and Blood Elves, over the course of the expansion launch and subsequent content updates.
FFS

Sorry, buddy. Heroics are going to be for one-shotting in pugs, and every raid will have an LFR version that outfits you in a full suit of epics day 1. Enjoy your singleplayer game with zero required grouping that just happens to have always online DRM in the form of this whole "multiplayer" thing!

Yep. That is how the game is nowadays and will be in the future.

Off the top of my head, TBC had 15 or so heroics and some of them were quite hard (Shattered Halls in blues). I might be interested in playing WoW again if they would make a 5-man difficulty above heroic that gives LFR iLevel gear. You can choose to LFR, or you can do the hardest 5-mans.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Heroic raids are a terrible concept but it's here to stay. Had my share of bitching during WotlK, pointless to do it now.

Heroic raids are a terrible concept but it's here to stay. Had my share of bitching during WotlK, pointless to do it now.

I found Ulduar and ICC very fun overall, even the hardmodes. But yeah, I would prefer the old style where bosses were cockblockers and it was a thrill just to see the next room after a boss. The one thing horribad with Ulduar was that you had to do both 10-man hardmode and 25-man hardmode to get BiS gear for most classes. How lame was that? But Ulduar is my favourite raid ever and 25-man Mimiron Firefighter perhaps my favourite fight ever (as a rogue).

Quit WoW back at the end of WotLK with server 1st hardmode 25 LK and 10k+ achievement points, came back to check Cata for 2 months at launch, tried early MoP closed beta with a friend & family invite, and haven't been back since. No interest to raid anymore, do dailies, hunt achievements, play pokemon, schedule time around a game, etc. The only thing I could enjoy would be the guild run unscheduled 5-10 man content that is hard and rewarding. Pop online when I want, get some guildies and friends together and go do some meaningful content.

Keshik

Arcane
We’re still in the process of determining which races will be available upon the expansion’s release, but our goal is to update all eight of the original World of Warcraft playable races, along with the Draenei and Blood Elves, over the course of the expansion launch and subsequent content updates.
FFS

So Horde races get new models and Dwarves, I bet

made

Arcane
FFS
LOL how many people are left working on this game?

Zeriel

Arcane
FFS
LOL how many people are left working on this game?

That might be the problem, to be honest. Too many people trying too hard to justify their paychecks rather than making good products. The majority of their company since World of Warcraft was released has been devoted to it, which was kind of the deathknell of the company as a creative force, it became just a support structure for the MMO, with their other titles since then having the same general approach.

Zeriel

Arcane
Garrisons
  • Build your own base on Draenor, WoW version of Housing.
  • Your friends can come and see it, trade resources.
  • Collect followers and send them on missions. Name them!
  • Customize your base. Pick the zone and buildings
  • Offline progression (days to weeks)
  • Integrated into the world, no loading screens.
  • Allows you to get epic gear, your own land, limited access to professions you don't have.

My bad on the LFR thing. I was a bit off-base. They're actually sending you epics in the mail, now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom