Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Would anyone be willing to a play a HOMM3 match with me?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Please.

Anyone?

Last edited:

Citizen

Vanilla homm or hd? What rules? No diplo/tp/dd/necromancy/conlfux bird rush or just a straight up full random fun game with every cheese allowed?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Vanilla homm or hd? What rules? No diplo/tp/dd/necromancy/conlfux bird rush or just a straight up full random fun game with every cheese allowed?
Random Map, Difficulty impossible, and anything goes.

Citizen

I mean HDmod of course, ubi HD edition is an abomination that shouldn't be mentioned. It has some balance changes and bug fixes, but if you want to prevent the most OP cheese you still need to follow some home rules

I wouldn't play, of course, unless there's some mod that allows PBEM multiplayer for HoMM. 5+ hours session of mp homm3 where you just stare at the blank screen half the time sounds horrible, it's a couch coop game ffs

hello friend

Arcane
I don't know if Steam Remoteplay works that way, but if it's possible to, say, allow Steam to manage a GOG installation of HOMM3 and then use Remoteplay with that, we'll have a good, fast, and easy hotseat setup. Open up a discord chat, grab a cup of coffee, and shunt the game over to your secondary monitor. Sounds pretty chill to me.

Citizen

Why remoteplay tho? HoMM has it's own multiplayer, and if we used the remoteplay to play hotseat, we would see each other's turns. It's just that h3 has a multiplayer that requires all players to play at the same time because a PvP battle may suddenly occur in a middle of a turn, as opposed to stuff like dominions where you have no manual manual control over battles and so it's possible to PBEM it

But yeah I guess working from home for a day and playing a h3 match in a background could work

Citizen

Why are you going to play with 'dexers though, smaug? There are still some HoMM3 communities where you would easily find people ready to play

Try heroescommunity and celestialheavens forums, or this discord https://discord.gg/keRwE2

Citizen

image0.jpg

Citizen

Daym their meme page is a goldmine
Ffpm9RJhJCQ.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom