Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you prefer if BG3 killed all Elves or just removed them?

Elves

• Total voters

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
serveimage

Illustration by Larry Elmore for D&D "Red Box" Basic Set

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Neanderthal
You're saying that now but once they got removed I bet you would miss them. Miss hating them that is. Once they would be gone who would be the whipping boy (if elves had been removed you wouldn't be able to kill them any more or at least insult them)?

laclongquan

Arcane
How in the nine hells are you going to remove elves in Faerun?

The elves is, like, one of the oldest race.

They are everywhere. Abyss, Baator, etc let alone upper planes.

Where would you find a place with no elves?

Puukko

Arcane
Let us compromise. Kill off the elvish men, keep the women around for improving inter-racial relations.

Last edited:

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Well, most of the subraces are easy targets for alvocide. Very concentrated to small areas, enough that some good old sieging and razing would suffice. Teu- and or-tel-quessir are a much bigger problem, being so populous and widespread. Would take a highly prolonged continent-wide ethnic cleansing, or an elven high magic ritual. Maybe a keen social engineer could brainwash enough high mages to make the latter happen.

Wait, what am I doing?

vota DC

Augur

The elves is, like, one of the oldest race.

They are everywhere. Abyss, Baator, etc let alone upper planes.

Where would you find a place with no elves?
You kill them - they die
You let them win - they are tired of winning, go in emo mode and mass suicide

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Should BG3 have all Elves be kill-able in game, or should there be no Elves in the game?

To my mind there are two ways of thinking aboout this: If the Elf must be fought against and overcome, that sets a good, ethical example for us all. We must be watchful, resourceful and thorough in our hatred.
On the other hand this is a fantasy and so perhaps a world without Elves is warranted, just think of such a paradise in our time.
What about the option of keeping them around but forcing them to wear special badges, or trimming their ears?

laclongquan

Arcane
Well, most of the subraces are easy targets for alvocide. Very concentrated to small areas, enough that some good old sieging and razing would suffice. Teu- and or-tel-quessir are a much bigger problem, being so populous and widespread. Would take a highly prolonged continent-wide ethnic cleansing, or an elven high magic ritual. Maybe a keen social engineer could brainwash enough high mages to make the latter happen.

Wait, what am I doing?

If you seem to menace them with genocidal plan they would call for intercession from Elven Pantheon, the which is pretty protective.

Mind you, you probabbly can get away with setting in an out-of-the-way abyssal plane so that there's a believable reason the elves wont appear there for a period of time. But in which case, what's the point? Who care about a lesser known abyssal plane?

Mind you, Curst is also another likely candidate. If you like Curst, that is.

EDIT: thinking back, No-Elf is a bad setting simply for the fact 99% of gamers go for elves. Even dwarf-lovers need elf to contrast with. I dont believe a No-Elf setting will get any traction with the management, marketing dep, or more importantly, the publisher.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane

For fucks sake they are all of the Canis family, sub species that are diverging, but are still so genetically close they can interbreed. They are races of the Dog family. Elves are not part of the Human species and we cannot breed with them, who would lie down with a beast like that.

Wikipedia shit is making people dumber, Elven invention?

When you mock people for not knowing scientific terms, then it turns out you're using your own definitions of those scientific terms.

... especially when being applied to something non-scientific like fantasy races.

Reminds me of when the LOTR movies were out and the science channel here had a show with a segment about the possible lines of descent of Middle Earth species with a hypothetical common ancestor of Elves, Men and Dwarves, with Halfings being an offshoot of Dwarves, etc.

The heart of this part of the thread is cut from the same retarded cloth.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Species has always had definition of a group of closely related creatures capable of interbreeding, and I know there's no Elf blood in me so Humans are a different species.

Sickening thought.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Elves and Men had interbreed like four times in entire history of ME? And it was Valar magic and fate woven by allah Eru Ilúvatar which allowed this its not like Tolkien made a setting where every tavern wench has pointy ears Comrades. What is more disturbing were those half-Orc half Human creatures Saruman was breeding in Insegard reminds Commissar of all those le 56% types Kwan towns are full of.

mindfields

Learned
jIfRV2I.jpg

Pictured: The Tall Chad Elf is serviced by his cute naked fairies while manlet Dwarf sits in his basement masturbating and crying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom