Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you still be willing to play a Silent Storm mod?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Crichton said:
I think your problem here Role-Player is that the two things you've explicitly mentioned including (GI-Joe and Voltron) are two of the things that practically everyone who played Silent Storm hated.

Actually the problem is a bit different because it's not about what people liked or disliked, it's about people who are so mentally limited and unstable that they can't envision things being improved - what doesn't fit their particular view just has to be utterly removed, otherwise it doesn't get their attention. That's all there is to it.

Now you can try to figure out what exactly was so objectionable about these things and try to include whatever scraps people found palatable, but that would take a lot of very in-depth and level-headed disscussion....

Which obviously I chose the wrong place to have, since most of the ones arguing against the idea haven't realized that I actually indicated things to solve what was so objectionable. Or they don't care either way. And in that scenario, neither do I.

Jason

chasing a bee
Back to the original post (before Bryce took his Depends off and started smearing shit on the walls):

"1) Would you like to see distinct campaigns (with possible missions intertwining missions) with an American, British, Russian and German perspectives? "

This just seems like a bad idea for a mod. It would add a lot of complexity that would decrease the chances of the mod ever getting made. It's better to stick with a single campaign and add multiple solutions to some missions if you're feeling confident (and have a capable team to work with).

Crichton

Prophet
Alright, just for the sake of civility I'll list everything I hated about the Captain Planet Polygot FAG-Force and the Voltron-Suits and Role-Player can explain how easy these are to fix.

Fundamental non-fixable Problems

1. Removes dramatic tension and breaks the immersion. Instead of being focused on winning the war to save the free world, I'm teamed up with a bunch of communist mass murders and I'm fighting Cobra. Where does THORS HAMMA recruit? Who are these people and why do they want to destroy the world with their giant satalite-mounted laser? Why would anyone work for an organisation which is so obviously self-destructive? Even Cobra wasn't actually trying to wreck the world, they just wanted to run it, and even as a 10 year old I wandered how they paid for all those new tanks that got blown up every episode given that they didn't have a populace to tax. And now we've come full circle, where does THORS HAMMA get the money for all those wonderful toys?

2. Ruins the Atmosphere. I'm sitting around here with nice normal mid 20th century weaponry and suddenly I'm fighting the Voltron crew with steampunk robo-suits, laser cannons, jet packs and satalites. And then they start putting jet packs on the robo suits and lasers on both the robo-suits and the satalites. Fuck James Bond, this is fucking star wars, I need ewoks to build traps to fuck those walkers up and I need to find some way to launch that jet-pack bitch into the sarlec pit like Han did to Boba Fett.

3. TankSmalls by their very nature as giant robo-suits ignore the two tactical features of 20th century infantry warfare, stealth and postional manuvring. They are too big to hide or take cover so it doesn't really matter where you put them, making the game a lot more like FFII than JA2.

Possibly fixable Implementation problems

5. Lasers fry everything. Since only lasers hurt TankSmalls, but lasers can hurt everything, everyone must be armed with a laser. If you have a TankSmall without laser cannons, it's worthless, take an infantryman with a laser cannon instead, if you don't have enough laser weapons for everyone, than you might consider bringing an invisable scout, but anyone else is best left at home.

6. Different infantry arms are used for different things, SMG's, rifles and machine guns each have a different use. Every TankSmall has the same function, roll up and blast people with laser cannons. This is exactly the same reason armored warfare is so boring in real life. There's only one right way to build a tank, A panzer IV is just like a panther except that it's worse. The british carefully made three sizes of tanks to do different things and found that there was only one thing to do with tanks and two types (recon and exploitation tanks) sucked at it, they were just weaker copies of the heaviest type (infantry support).

7. Tactical games rely on the interplay of different troop types. But the best defense against a tank is another tank. Ditto for TankSmalls, so they're basically a null from a tactical standpoint. The things that allow people to keep oxygen flowing to their brains while playing tactical games with armor, like coordination with airpower, tradeoffs between entrenchment and manuvrablity, the differences between short-range and long-range and spotted and blind artillery fire and long distance speed differences between the various arms combined with time limits, don't exist in a skirmish game like silent storm.

So what is there to like about THORS HAMAA and its associated dreck?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
The fact still remains Panzerkleins are worse than mexican immigrants and his mod features them. It's like having a good steak, all nice and ready to eat, but served on top of a garbage can. Sure, you could clean up the garbage can and leave it spotless, but it'd still be steak on top of a garbage can. Now, if you simply remove the garbage can altogether from the equation and serve the steak on a plate, wouldn't that solve everything?

(removing Panzerkleins, no matter how well implemented, will always = better mod)

You can bitch all you want about how no one is smart enough to get your amazing creative vision in your mod, Role-Player, but it still doesn't change the fact that everyone hates Panzerkleins and for a lot of people who might be interested in playing your mod, their presence is a deal-breaker. If you're going to lash out at anybody who doesn't like your mod (for very good reasons), then have fun playing it by yourself and don't bother posting about it in a public forum.

And yes, I took the steak analogy from an old Cosby episode.

bryce777

Erudite
"The fact still remains Panzerkleins are worse than mexican immigrants and his mod features them." LOL

"If you're going to lash out at anybody who doesn't like your mod (for very good reasons)" I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. I mean jesus christ, the guy can't take the smallest QUESTIONS about his mod without flying off the fucking handle.

As for tank defense, dug in infantry is the best defense, but these tiny tanks are somehow more powerful than LARGE tanks...and slower, and are basically invulnerable to antitank rockets....

Stark

Liturgist
aweigh said:
(removing Panzerkleins, no matter how well implemented, will always = better mod)

remember how you people bitched when Bethsoft decided to remove some features from MW instead of improving on it? Why the about-turn now and assume cutting away Panzerkleins is better than improving it? Selective discrimination here?

aweigh said:
then have fun playing it by yourself and don't bother posting about it in a public forum.

why not? I for one am intrigued with whatever RP has in mind.

RP,

I do not own the Sentinels and H&S. I am afraid i can't help you much on the settings. Honestly, I do not much care for the SS setting. To me, it is just an excuse for gamer to fight it out on some nice maps. Come up with some good missions and good maps, and i'll play your mod.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:
You can bitch all you want about how no one is smart enough to get your amazing creative vision in your mod, Role-Player, but it still doesn't change the fact that everyone hates Panzerkleins and for a lot of people who might be interested in playing your mod, their presence is a deal-breaker.

You aren't criticizing my 'creative vision'. Almost none of you are. All you're doing is pretending to be the world's mouthpiece and frothing at the mouth at the sight of Panzerkleins. Opposing a feature in that rabid manner doesn't tell me anything about what people dislike or would like to see fixed in it; it just shows you're incapable of anything else other than parroting things.

If you're going to lash out at anybody who doesn't like your mod (for very good reasons), then have fun playing it by yourself and don't bother posting about it in a public forum.

Trying to emulate bryce777's idiocy isn't going to get you any recognition nor is it going to make your apocryphal insights any better. To claim I lash out at anybody that doesn't like the mod is ridiculous for several reasons, chief among them that throughout this thread I've discussed some of its planned elements to the best of my ability and you're hard pressed to find any situation where I didn't accept constructive - rather than boring, idiotic, trolling, and destructive - criticism.

Lashing out at people was never related to people not liking the mod, but of idiots like you complaining about Panzerkleins and having an intransigent attitude towards their inclusion - and not talking about anything else. Most of you spend your time making half-baked analogies, fallacies and exagerations to promote your own selfish preferences and to have the mod reflect only what you want, constantly assuming that Panzerkleins are the only thing in the mod despite having been told otherwise for several times, instead of coming up with any valid criticism. If all you can do is demand that feature X or Y be removed instead of coming up with valid criticism or ways to improve it, then simply put your feedback is worthless to me. There isn't a "very good reason" to constantly harp against Panzerkleins when I present solutions in a step by step basis to try to solve their problems. Well, there is one reason: you know how to say no - and can't say anything but no - to anything that doesn't conform to your vision, and that may be a "very good reason" to you. But it's not to me.

If all the time you spent ripping Cosby and posting lenghtly, innocuous and non-sensical blatherings was spent on actually giving constructive input, that would be appreciated. However, the only thing you've done is to claim to be troubled by the issues that Panzerkleins had but never going into detail on what you'd like to see solved, much less on how to solve it. In other words, you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. And if you're the problem, you're useless to all of this.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:
I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. I mean jesus christ, the guy can't take the smallest QUESTIONS about his mod without flying off the fucking handle.

Stop being a lying hypocrite. I've already went to great lenghts to show how moronic your arguments were and how I've answered every question you've asked despite your attempts at proving otherwise. I "fly off the fucking handle" when any constructive criticism leveled at the project is thrown off from the window and replaced by a couple of ignorant dolts with a broken record mentality littering the thread with the same bullshit on and on. You don't like Panzerkleins, to you Panzerklein suck. We get that. To both of you repeating the same thing over and over may be an argument, but for people not suffering from congenital stupidity it simply isn't.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:
but these tiny tanks are somehow more powerful than LARGE tanks...and slower, and are basically invulnerable to antitank rockets....

And you keep assuming somehow that these problems will be present in the mod despite me having said that I'd do my best to deal with them. I don't know what's a bigger comedy goldmine, your stupidity or your unabashed willingness to revel in it.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Stark said:
remember how you people bitched when Bethsoft decided to remove some features from MW instead of improving on it? Why the about-turn now and assume cutting away Panzerkleins is better than improving it? Selective discrimination here?

Uh oh, will MR. LOGIC! and his sidekick 2 COOL 4 COSBY! care to answer that one?

why not? I for one am intrigued with whatever RP has in mind.

I appreciate the support. It should be noted at this point that bryce777 and aweigh can only possibly be trolling so until they prove otherwise people shouldn't really be taking their 'arguments' as anything but pointless.

RP,

I do not own the Sentinels and H&S. I am afraid i can't help you much on the settings. Honestly, I do not much care for the SS setting. To me, it is just an excuse for gamer to fight it out on some nice maps. Come up with some good missions and good maps, and i'll play your mod.

Fair enough, Stark. Nonetheless, I will be trying to see just how much I can pull off in regards to a somewhat credible story regarding the setting and the theme.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
baby arm said:
This just seems like a bad idea for a mod. It would add a lot of complexity that would decrease the chances of the mod ever getting made. It's better to stick with a single campaign and add multiple solutions to some missions if you're feeling confident (and have a capable team to work with).

Good point.

The plan was to have different campaigns to show different perspectives and situations in the war. A lenghtly campaign for all of the sides involved would as you said increase the workload as well as the development cycle. Less maps with more in them is a good outlook, especially since I wouldn't have to spread my resources thin all over the large amount of maps and could add more variety into the existing ones. On the other hand a single campaign sounds terribly short and limiting in the sense of it just being more or less like the original Silent Storm, which most of the time had the same maps just played with a different squad leader and different side.

In light of that would it be acceptable to have two campaigns, one for Allies and another for an opposing force, but with the same planned mandatory, secondary and bonus missions as well as multiple ways of getting through the levels?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Role-Player said:
A bunch of pretentious bullshit concerning his vaporware mod and baseless personal attacks.

The people don't like Panzerkleins, and it's not just because of poor implementation. Get it through your thick fucking skull. This was (and is) the biggest complaint generally raised when people talk about Silent Storm, and it's for a few reasons: 1) we don't want giant robots, armored suits or mechs, 2) their implementation ruined the game. You say you can fix #2, fine (improbable, but fine), but how are you planning on fixing #1? The only way to fix #1 would be to remove them.

The other thing people dislike about Silent Storm is the whole Thor's Hammer storyline. It's terrible, and it's another bad aspect of the game you want to include in your mod. Why not make something new and worthwhile?

So far you haven't outlined a single interesting thing your mod will contain that wasn't already present in Sentinels to a certain extent, you've only described how it will be a hackneyed continuation of the first game's storyline without anything new or interesting to offer. We've pointed it out. How is this not constructive? If anything, it is you who is trolling with your Panzerklein/Thor's Hammer agenda, so stop acting like a little kid about it.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:
The people don't like Panzerkleins, and it's not just because of poor implementation. Get it through your thick fucking skull.

Actually it should be you who should have gotten by now that I don't care wheter people like or dislike the things. If I include them it's not to antagonize them; if I exclude them it's not to satisfy them. That you and others don't like the Panzerkleins was made blatantly obvious from the start. I never contested it anywhere on the thread; I simply am not going to remove them because you dislike them.

This was (and is) the biggest complaint generally raised when people talk about Silent Storm, and it's for a few reasons: 1) we don't want giant robots, armored suits or mechs,

Then as I've said before, stop trashing about because until further notice they will be in. Funny how you come here telling me I have to get something through my skull when I've repeated this very thing several times. You're either braindead or find bryce777 to be your messiah and are desperately trying to act like him and his short attention span, which is it?

2) their implementation ruined the game. You say you can fix #2, fine (improbable, but fine), but how are you planning on fixing #1? The only way to fix #1 would be to remove them.

Because you say so? I'm not here to satisfy your whims because you want me to.

The other thing people dislike about Silent Storm is the whole Thor's Hammer storyline. It's terrible, and it's another bad aspect of the game you want to include in your mod. Why not make something new and worthwhile?

Another example of how much of a bonehead you and bryce are being. From my very first post:

Role-Player said:
1) A story-based campaign where fixed or player-created main characters go through their respective campaigns in a variety of exclusive missions dealing with the aftermath of the war and of Thor's Hammer spilling into the Cold War? A crossover into Hammer and Sickle, perhaps, or alternate situations?

Read: the aftermath of what Thor's Hammer did. Read: a crossover into Hammer and Sickle. Read: alternate situations. Did you present any? Did bryce? Did you or him agreed it was a good idea or presented alternatives? Did you or him expressed any enthusiasm about this? No, both of your replies could be summed as PANZERKLEINS SUCK. THOR'S HAMMER IS GAY LOLZ!.

Further along the thread, I brought up the suggestion of Thor's Hammer again and all you have been doing is branding your selective reasoning and idiotic crusade, which are beyond ridiculous and just uncalled for because that direction isn't set in stone; yet you and bryce, unless I'm using BIG CAPITAL LETTERS can't understand shit, assumed that Thor's Hammer and Panzerklein would not only definitely be in but would also be everything the mod was about.

I even showcased a suggestion of having multiple campaigns running across the setting and various events from multiple perspectives, such as having one campaign happening parallel to Silent Storm but not dealing with the sci-fi elements, while other campaign would happen post-Silent Storm, and others which crossed over with it. What was bryce's and your reply? Oh yes. PANZERKLEINS SUCK. THOR'S HAMMER IS GAY LOLZ!.

If all you two can muster is being hypocritical assholes who can't be bothered to read what's being discussed but demand that I develop a mod to your tune, then leave the thread because you're not getting what you want.

So far you haven't outlined a single interesting thing your mod will contain, you've only described how it will be a hackneyed continuation of the first game's storyline without anything new or interesting to offer. We've pointed it out. How is this not constructive?

Because I have indicated other things that will be in the mod. I mentioned the prospect of multiple campaigns with different characters and perspectives of events on the war. I mentioned how different methods of getting through missions are being implemented, and how some could be multitiered. I've mentioned how player decisions would impact the campaign. I've mentioned how those very same decisions would open up secondary or bonus missions. And like I did with bryce's pathetic arguments, I can link to where I presented these ideas in order to dispell your claims that I haven't. Should I bother to do so to burn down your argument? Because I have the time; all I need is a reason.

Yet, I'm acting "like a kid" because I tell a couple of dumbfucks that I have in fact presented either all the answers they wanted, and showcased plans which they couldn't be bothered to read.

Grow the fuck up or get the fuck out of the thread and stop wasting everyone's time.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Crichton said:
Alright, just for the sake of civility I'll list everything I hated about the Captain Planet Polygot FAG-Force and the Voltron-Suits and Role-Player can explain how easy these are to fix.

Thanks for trying to present actual worthwhile discussion and constructive criticism, Crichton. For the record though, I haven't said any of these would be easy to fix.

Fundamental non-fixable Problems

1. Removes dramatic tension and breaks the immersion. Instead of being focused on winning the war to save the free world, I'm teamed up with a bunch of communist mass murders and I'm fighting Cobra. Where does THORS HAMMA recruit? Who are these people and why do they want to destroy the world with their giant satalite-mounted laser? Why would anyone work for an organisation which is so obviously self-destructive? Even Cobra wasn't actually trying to wreck the world, they just wanted to run it, and even as a 10 year old I wandered how they paid for all those new tanks that got blown up every episode given that they didn't have a populace to tax. And now we've come full circle, where does THORS HAMMA get the money for all those wonderful toys?

The basic premise of Silent Storm was that you were in fact fighting in the war to save the free world. Thor's Hammer activities just became too widespread to ignore and often were connected to local German forces, and hence why more and more your squad became involved in it. I don't see much of a problem there, although the scope of the war was lost somewhat when they went from one battlefield into the other.

Thor's Hammer could have had dozens of ulterior motives and more often than not that kind of world conquering organization can even have different cells running parallel agendas, wheter for the organization or for private goals. It's assumed they wanted to somehow destroy the world or at least a part of it although it doesn't necessarily mean said destruction would be absolute ie, destroying a portion of a continent to display their power would have achieved the same.

Their funding is never quite figured into the game, but if we're going to extrapolate why not assume that they were funded by private funds? Or by mercenary activities or arms dealing on the side? Having agents placed in some of the more important research facilities of certain nations could provide them with enough details on weapon research, among other things.

For the record, I have to repeat myself because of some elements in this thread: Thor's Hammer isn't a fixed, set in stone plot device. I think they could be reworked and made more credible, but I won't necessarily use them as a plot device. There are other possibilities.

2. Ruins the Atmosphere. I'm sitting around here with nice normal mid 20th century weaponry and suddenly I'm fighting the Voltron crew with steampunk robo-suits, laser cannons, jet packs and satalites. And then they start putting jet packs on the robo suits and lasers on both the robo-suits and the satalites. Fuck James Bond, this is fucking star wars, I need ewoks to build traps to fuck those walkers up and I need to find some way to launch that jet-pack bitch into the sarlec pit like Han did to Boba Fett.

I think what ruined the atmosphere of the original was that the inclusion of the sci-fi elements were abrupt, which in a way could have been what lead to people disliking them. Badly handling the elements can ruin the atmosphere, but the elements themselves don't necessarily ruin it. I enjoyed the combination of elements and think they provided a fun alternate universe, much like I enjoyed similar aspects in Fallout. Fallout had the advantage of being more coherent at dealing with all of its suggested elements, something with Silent Storm wasn't. Does it mean it can't be made coherent, though?

3. TankSmalls by their very nature as giant robo-suits ignore the two tactical features of 20th century infantry warfare, stealth and postional manuvring. They are too big to hide or take cover so it doesn't really matter where you put them, making the game a lot more like FFII than JA2.

But just how much of 20th century infantry warfare is being accurately depicted in Silent Storm, really? How much of World War 2, for that matter? It wasn't accurate by including Panzerkleins, but it wasn't terribly accurate before they appeared either. If our point of contention is that Panzerkleins aren't realistic then we're correct, but are we correct in assuming that the game was afer a realistic model of the entire war and that Panzerkleins - and other elements like Thor's Hammer - were an anomaly? If it wasn't meant to have a realistic model, how correct are we in assuming these elements have to go?

Possibly fixable Implementation problems

5. Lasers fry everything. Since only lasers hurt TankSmalls [1], but lasers can hurt everything, everyone must be armed with a laser. If you have a TankSmall without laser cannons, it's worthless, take an infantryman with a laser cannon instead,[2] if you don't have enough laser weapons for everyone, than you might consider bringing an invisable scout, but anyone else is best left at home.

[1] If I recall correctly, Panzerkleins were also damaged by explosive damage.

[2] Panzerkleins with rocket launchers or sniper cannons were also useful depending on circumstances. Although as before, the problem is that there weren't circumstances where they were made to be useful.

6. Different infantry arms are used for different things, SMG's, rifles and machine guns each have a different use. Every TankSmall has the same function, roll up and blast people with laser cannons. This is exactly the same reason armored warfare is so boring in real life. There's only one right way to build a tank, A panzer IV is just like a panther except that it's worse. The british carefully made three sizes of tanks to do different things and found that there was only one thing to do with tanks and two types (recon and exploitation tanks) sucked at it, they were just weaker copies of the heaviest type (infantry support).

A variation of Panzerkleins could be made with the intent of: allowing its pilot to carry equipment which he normally would not be able to carry, protect against environmental hazards, frontline protection of troops, be used as transport mechanisms to safely carry wounded people away from the battlefield or other materials, given increased mobility for recon (the afforementioned example of some Panzerklein models trading speed for power) but enough armor to not be killed, or even as armed escort for a number of things such as transports or larger mechanized assault units such as tanks.

7. Tactical games rely on the interplay of different troop types. But the best defense against a tank is another tank. Ditto for TankSmalls, so they're basically a null from a tactical standpoint.[1] The things that allow people to keep oxygen flowing to their brains while playing tactical games with armor, like coordination with airpower, tradeoffs between entrenchment and manuvrablity, the differences between short-range and long-range and spotted and blind artillery fire and long distance speed differences between the various arms combined with time limits, don't exist in a skirmish game like silent storm.[2]

[1] And would removing Panzerkleins be preferable to including ways in which they could be made more tactical? If I were to follow the idea of including more realistic elements of warfare and included actual tanks, would it be preferable to Panzerkleins? In the end, they both have the same predicament: the best defense against them is an opponent of exact force.

[2] And are you saying they can't be developed, or that somehow Panzerkleins don't allow this to happen? If you consider them as is, then any tactics with them would be mind numbingly reduced and simplistic. But if the game were to feature those elements of warfare throught the campaigns, and only feature small scenarios with Panzerklein, would it somehow still be a negative? If so why, considering that from a warfare point of view all of the tactics you mentioned would still be viable?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Hey Role-Player, you're the one acting like an immature kid spouting personal attacks because someone doesn't care about your shitty mod ideas for Silent Storm. You go on and on about how you're not going to cater to anyone's wishes, so why the fuck do you bother posting about your retarded mod in a public forum, asking shit?. If you're dead-set against changing anything then post a summary of the features your vaporware will have, not a poll.

It doesn't matter how much you turn things around and say everything criticized about your mod is because of trolling or whatever, since you seem to love wasting your time with ad-hominem bullshit since you don't have absolutely anything concrete to defend your mod with. It is you who needs to grow up and learn to take advice, criticism and anything else that might better whatever the fuck it is you're doing.

I want you to remember that you're talking about a shitty mod, yet you keep letting your own infantile emotional knee-jerk reactions cloud your judgement. We're not talking about anything important here.

Once again: Don't fucking troll for opinions if you're not going to listen to anything that differs from your already established direction. Your OP basically amounts to someone coming here and posting about their exciting new Fallout mod that incorporate elements of Final Fantasy and anime.

Why bother wasting time writing in "story" or "campaign" ideas when you've already stated you won't change anything for anyone? For fuck's sake, even Volourn has demonstrated more maturity than you, (see the recent NWN2 thread where he has been owning with reason and without ad-hominem crap).

My advice to you kid, is grow up a little and go out once in a while, socialize a bit. Maybe take some therapy, since you obviously need it, learn that you're not always right, that not everyone has to conform to your "ideas". It'd be healthy for you, and healthy for all us, since we wouldn't have to put up with your ranting bullshit.

bryce777

Erudite
Role-Player said:
bryce777 said:
I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. I mean jesus christ, the guy can't take the smallest QUESTIONS about his mod without flying off the fucking handle.

Stop being a lying hypocrite. I've already went to great lenghts to show how moronic your arguments were and how I've answered every question you've asked despite your attempts at proving otherwise. I "fly off the fucking handle" when any constructive criticism leveled at the project is thrown off from the window and replaced by a couple of ignorant dolts with a broken record mentality littering the thread with the same bullshit on and on. You don't like Panzerkleins, to you Panzerklein suck. We get that. To both of you repeating the same thing over and over may be an argument, but for people not suffering from congenital stupidity it simply isn't.

"Stop being a lying hypocrite. I've already went to great lenghts to show how moronic your arguments were"

Is this a volourn alt account?

Jesus Christ, this loser is hysterical like a 12 year old girl.

ASKING A QUESTION does not merit a response like you have given me, you fucking nitwit.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:
Hey Role-Player, you're the one acting like an immature kid spouting personal attacks because someone doesn't care about your shitty mod ideas for Silent Storm.

You mean, the ideas you claimed I haven't posted about? Oh snap.

You go on and on about how you're not going to cater to anyone's wishes, so why the fuck do you bother posting about your retarded mod in a public forum, asking shit?. If you're dead-set against changing anything then post a summary of the features your vaporware will have, not a poll.

I said I wasn't going to cater to your wishes just because you want me to, and that remains. Does this mean that I won't potentially change things in the project depending on posts made by anyone that bothers to present any constructive criticism? No. But feel free to waddle in your self-delusion and ignore the posts where I am discussing potential changes to the mod based on people's input - such as posts by Naked Lunch, Stark, Crichton, and baby arm.

It doesn't matter how much you turn things around and say everything criticized about your mod is because of trolling or whatever

Of course it doesn't, because what I've posted remains there for everyone to see, and it still stand in spite of your ludicrous claims that you've been making.

since you seem to love wasting your time with ad-hominem bullshit since you don't have absolutely anything concrete to defend your mod with.

Aren't you the saint?

Interesting, considering this is coming from someone who's attempt at validation of his points is "X sucks" and "Y blows" because "I say so". You have no worthwhile input, no base for your points, no suggestions, no contribution, nothing. All you have is a slew of posts where you make accusations about me not accepting criticisms (which is patently false), and another handful of posts where you act like the spokesperson for every single person that played Silent Storm and try to tell me that I should follow your orders for my own good (which is just pathetic but in your favor, not without some comedical value).

I want you to remember that you're talking about a shitty mod, yet you keep letting your own infantile emotional knee-jerk reactions cloud your judgement. We're not talking about anything important here.

Is that why you keep coming back here and telling me to be reasonable? Because we're not talking about anything important? Oh snap 2.

Once again: Don't fucking troll for opinions if you're not going to listen to anything that differs from your already established direction. Your OP basically amounts to someone coming here and posting about their exciting new Fallout mod that incorporate elements of Final Fantasy and anime.

And surprisingly, amounts to more than you've ever dumped in this thread.

Why bother wasting time writing in "story" or "campaign" ideas when you've already stated you won't change anything for anyone?

More bullshit even after I have explained previously this to be a lie.

My advice to you kid, is grow up a little and go out once in a while, socialize a bit. Maybe take some therapy, since you obviously need it, learn that you're not always right, that not everyone has to conform to your "ideas". It'd be healthy for you, and healthy for all us, since we wouldn't have to put up with your ranting bullshit.

Cry more.

We get it how you don't care to see beyond your own bigotted reasoning and are automatically right even in the face of having been proven wrong in your assumptions, accusations and whatnot. So, since you assume what you want and remain unmovable in your conviction, stop wasting time in this thread. Prove how you really don't care and go away.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Every single piece of bullshit you post can easily be reversed and used on yourself. Carefully read through your posts here and see how much of a douche you've been. Nothing further.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:
Jesus Christ, this loser is hysterical like a 12 year old girl.

Right.

aweigh said:
Fuck the stupid Panzerkleins. I'm pretty sure you're the only one that liked them, so good luck with that.

bryce777 said:
I agree this guy is the only one I have heard of who actually liked them.

aweigh said:
I'm going to use the No Panzerklein's Mod on top of Role-Players mod. THAT'S RIGHT I WENT THERE.

bryce777 said:
So, let's recap this thread and the mod that will result:

1. Panzerkleins rock! In some inexplicable way I refuse to divulge to you punyminded fools. Anyone who says otherwise is a whining loser. They will be much better in the mod, but I wont tell you how.

2. I am going to continue the story arc for the game. Nevermind I haven't played any games but the first one and have no idea if my plot idea even makes the slightest bit of sense. Nevermind that the balance was dramatically tweaked in the second game either.

3. This mod will be brought to you by someone who a) is working on a NWN module and b) is working on a NWN module with VOLOURN, who is obviously a creative and talented fellow whose vast skill reserves should be utilized for the greatest good.

aweigh said:
I'm sure all that WW2 research was conducive in deciding that stupid giant robots were an integral part of the war that changed the world.

PANZERKLEINS = NO MORE FREE RIDES

aweigh said:
The fact still remains Panzerkleins are worse than mexican immigrants and his mod features them.

And so on.

If I'm 12, by comparison you look like you're 5.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Do you really think I have time to go through the thread and quote every single immature douchebag comment you've made, Role-Player? If you want me to, that's fine, I'll take the time to do it when I get home from work.

If me and bryce make you too angsty to live, then stop crying about how we won't go away and instead stop flame baiting with ridiculous personal attacks..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom