Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you still be willing to play a Silent Storm mod?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:
Every single piece of bullshit you post can easily be reversed and used on yourself. Carefully read through your posts here and see how much of a douche you've been. Nothing further.

That's a great way to handle criticism, isn't it? Make accusations, have someone respond to them, then make a vacuous post about how it can go both ways instead of actually addressing them. It could, really, but not in this case. The recommendation you make to me, I'll make to you. Carefully read through both my and your posts here and see just how many times both you can bryce spent making false claims when in fact I gave all the answers you wanted, said everything you were looking for, and actually took others' criticism to heart.

I suspect you won't and that this will once again fly over your head, and that you'll be too busy claiming to have the moral high ground when in fact there's a very simple reason why you keep making claims which I've shot down time and again.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:
stop flame baiting.

Flame baiting? Your very first post in this thread:

aweigh said:
Panzerkleins make baby jesus cry. Remove that shit, kthxbye.

Your second post on this thread:

aweigh said:
Fuck the stupid Panzerkleins. I'm pretty sure you're the only one that liked them, so good luck with that.

Your third post:

aweigh said:
I'm sure all that WW2 research was conducive in deciding that stupid giant robots were an integral part of the war that changed the world.

I would go on, but to anyone mildy aware of this thread it would be fruitless as the pattern just keeps repeating. Yes aweigh, do go check out my posts. Find me a post where I'm flame baiting before either you or bryce777 decided to play your little game.

LlamaGod

Cipher
if PKs were easier to kill or just shitter, I don't think they'd be so bad.

I always thought it was kinda weird that shakey WW2 dream science would work so reliably. They need to have more weak points, chances of falling apart, etc.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
if PKs were easier to kill or just shitter, I don't think they'd be so bad.

I always thought it was kinda weird that shakey WW2 dream science would work so reliably. They need to have more weak points, chances of falling apart, etc.

Exactly. As I said before, the PKs were terribly implemented and ended up being virtual tanks with high resistances, which led to players depending on them to virtually win subsequent combats. Coupled with regenerating ammunition at the base, there were no more limitations.

That's one of the things that could have helped the gradual inclusion of that steampunk model: new technology, possibly destructive but not entirely reliable. PKs seemed excessively "well built" with what little flaws they had being overuled by deficiencies in other areas of the game, ie, not many weapons could stop them, there wasn't much opposition on the same level save for some story-based missions, near infinite ammo, and so on. They should be experimental and clunky, not just look and sound clunky.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
Role-Player said:
Exactly. As I said before, the PKs were terribly implemented and ended up being virtual tanks with high resistances, which led to players depending on them to virtually win subsequent combats. Coupled with regenerating ammunition at the base, there were no more limitations.

That's one of the things that could have helped the gradual inclusion of that steampunk model: new technology, possibly destructive but not entirely reliable. PKs seemed excessively "well built" with what little flaws they had being overuled by deficiencies in other areas of the game, ie, not many weapons could stop them, there wasn't much opposition on the same level save for some story-based missions, near infinite ammo, and so on. They should be experimental and clunky, not just look and sound clunky.

Well said...

Llyranor

Liturgist
To be constructive, I hate your mod because I don't have SS. You suck.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Role-Player said:
That's a great way to handle criticism, isn't it? Make accusations, have someone respond to them, then make a vacuous post about how it can go both ways instead of actually addressing them. It could, really, but not in this case.

How painfully ironic that you say this, considering it's exactly what you've been doing. Your trolling knows no bounds, that's for sure.

GrudgeHolder

Novice
For the setting, I would second LCJr. and go Africa, if the story's to be shortly post-WW2. Or else (in no particular order): 1) Central/Eastern Europe, where right after WW2 the Americans and the Brits tried to support the anti-Soviet movements, too bad Kim Philby was the Brit side coordinator for this project... 2) Malaysia/SE Asia in general. 3) Palestine. All offer big power interplay, all sorts of armed groups to support or combat, the storyline would almost write itself.
As for PKs... even in Silent Storm you could take them out (if lucky) with a single PWM-1. In Sentinels there were the "commercial" explosives too, which did great job (esp. the three most powerful varieties, concluding with hexogene), and added to the fun by remodelling the levels quite spectacularly.
Even so, the "dream mod" for me would be focussed on stealth (in an improved, more JA2-like implementation), plenty of lockpicking/door-(or ceiling-)-smashing to get to some otherwise inaccessible areas, some boobytraps, hand-to-hand combat and fire exchanges with nothing bigger than an SMG. Which does exclude PKs.

bryce777

Erudite
aweigh said:
Role-Player said:
That's a great way to handle criticism, isn't it? Make accusations, have someone respond to them, then make a vacuous post about how it can go both ways instead of actually addressing them. It could, really, but not in this case.

How painfully ironic that you say this, considering it's exactly what you've been doing. Your trolling knows no bounds, that's for sure.

He is not trolling, just an insane, screeching idiot.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:

We're still waiting for you to go out and provide the links of how "unfairly" I've treated you for apparently no reason.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
Role-Player said:
aweigh said:

We're still waiting for you to go out and provide the links of how "unfairly" I've treated you for apparently no reason.

Papel-Jogador, Não faça exame do crap destes morons. Prenda seu próprio irmão.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
GrudgeHolder said:
For the setting, I would second LCJr. and go Africa, if the story's to be shortly post-WW2. Or else (in no particular order): 1) Central/Eastern Europe, where right after WW2 the Americans and the Brits tried to support the anti-Soviet movements, too bad Kim Philby was the Brit side coordinator for this project...

I've heard about proxy wars that occured in Angola and Mozambique as a result of the Cold War but have not yet had the time to research it... As for Central/Eastern Europe and anti-Soviet movements, admitedly that has some potential.

2) Malaysia/SE Asia in general. 3) Palestine. All offer big power interplay, all sorts of armed groups to support or combat, the storyline would almost write itself.

Possible... Good point.

Even so, the "dream mod" for me would be focussed on stealth (in an improved, more JA2-like implementation), plenty of lockpicking/door-(or ceiling-)-smashing to get to some otherwise inaccessible areas, some boobytraps, hand-to-hand combat and fire exchanges with nothing bigger than an SMG.

Several missions are being structured so as to allow several character skills to become useful, not only for standalone uses but also for a combination of skills. One scenario in particular requires a character to cut off means of communications in a recently occupied town. It requires stealth, but also that a character has some Engineering skills to sabotage communications and to break into strategic locations to plant traps.

Which does exclude PKs.

Sure. As I've said (too many times to the wrong people, unfortunately), their inclusion was a reflection of pursuing a storyline which still dealt with Thor's Hammer or any other faction getting a hold of their technology, but this isn't the only scenario possible so it's still possible they won't be in, or that their appearance won't be as dramatic as some are pretending it to be. Truth be told, if any of the situations I've designed so far in that scenario are any indication you shouldn't have to worry with PKs a whole lot. Due to how the missions are structured Panzerklein use would defeat the purpose of several of the ways to accomplish objectives. In fact, PKs would possibly only be available in a couple of missions and one would rely on destroying the technology so it wouldn't become available to anyone else.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
Role-Player said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
Papel-Jogador, Não faça exame do crap destes morons. Prenda seu próprio irmão.

wait what

Words of support that are no longer needed. We now know that Bryce is a rightfully crankerous individual, so the comments in my broken portugese no longer applies.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I see. Well, thanks for the support; but I didn't get it because as you said, it was broken. Translating it:

"Paper-Player, do not make exam of the crap of these morons. Arrest your own brother."

Still, support is support :lol:

2x :lol: at Llama.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
LlamaGod said:
people in portugal speak brazilian you idiot

Uh, you should shut up now, because this quote is going in my sig because you are an idiot for opening your mouth on a subject you don't know jack or isht about:

Portuguese language, a Romance language spoken primarily in Portugal, Brazil, São Tomé e Príncipe, Angola, Cape Verde, Mozambique and Portugal's former colonies (namely Timor and Macau).

Eat that you dumb fink - and I say that in response to the idiot comment, otherwise I wouldn't have started the name calling.

Scary.

suleo

Scholar
Daigoji_Gai said:
LlamaGod said:
people in portugal speak brazilian you idiot

Uh, you should shut up now, because this quote is going in my sig because you are an idiot for opening your mouth on a subject you don't know jack or isht about:

Portuguese language, a Romance language spoken primarily in Portugal, Brazil, São Tomé e Príncipe, Angola, Cape Verde, Mozambique and Portugal's former colonies (namely Timor and Macau).

Eat that you dumb fink - and I say that in response to the idiot comment, otherwise I wouldn't have started the name calling.

Scary.

The irony is lost on that one. Scary indeed.

Oh and on topic: I hate panzerkleins and I have both SS and SSS. I hated them in both, for all the reasons written here, the biggest one being that I hate sci-fi crap (and badly implemented at that) in historical settings. If you want tanks, implement tanks, not stupid robo-suits. This isn't mechwarrior.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
Nicolai said:
You obviously don't know jack or isht about this isht, Pat.

Even in Brazil they speak portugese:

In March of 2006, the Portuguese Language Museum, an interactive museum about the Portuguese language was built in São Paulo, the city with the largest number of Portuguese speakers in the world.

In case "Pat" doesn't know... São Paulo is in Brazil... *sigh*

Portuguese is the official language, and is spoken by the entire population. Brazil is the only Portuguese-speaking nation in the Americas, giving it a national culture distinct from its Spanish-speaking neighbors.

Portuguese is the only official language of Brazil, and there are few regional variances. It is virtually the only language used in schools, newspapers, radio and TV, and for all business and administrative purposes.

The language spoken in Brazil is slightly different from that spoken in Portugal and other Portuguese-speaking countries, with some phonological and orthographic differences, although mutual comprehension is not affected.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
suleo said:
Oh and on topic: I hate panzerkleins and I have both SS and SSS. I hated them in both, for all the reasons written here, the biggest one being that I hate sci-fi crap (and badly implemented at that) in historical settings. If you want tanks, implement tanks, not stupid robo-suits. This isn't mechwarrior.

I grant that, but do you realize how much Sci-Fi crap was actually being developed during WWII from telsa coil weapons to jetpacks?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
There was a thread a while back almost exclusively about the portuguese language. Dai, would you say portuguese when spoken sounds similar to french, and when written reads similarly to spanish?

EDIT: And what are your thoughts on XUXA.

suleo

Scholar
Daigoji_Gai said:
Even in Brazil they speak portugese

People in England speak American.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom