Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Would you trade in buttons for having avatars and names again?

Would you?

• Yes, I am monocled

• No, I need my instant gratification buttons!

• No, I don't give a crap about anything lul

• I would only trade them for kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

We need both. I blame Smaug for this stupid ass shit; now I understand the newfag hate.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What we see here ais the external symptoms of an active power struggle.

some admins/moderators want no more ratings for reasons.

DU just wants to have fun.

we are both on the outside and on the inside of both the horror and the fun.

I say fun is where it's at, but communism has had its fun for now.

mogwaimon

Magister
This citizen likes the buttons. They allow a citizen to express opinions or sentiments without artificially inflating post count with an answer to something that may only require a 'thank you' or a 'that's pretty cool'. Sometimes this citizen also wants to spam honk honk on everything, which is only marginally better than spamming shit or retadred without discernible reason.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Buttons are idiotic and are the main factor that's contributed to the decline of the forum. Group think is rampant because buttons insentivize it and every topic is hyper politicized now. If you really want to piss people off and improve discourse on these forums remove buttons.
“Group Think”

Argues in Trump threads and calls it “group think” when Trump supporters argue with him.
:hmmm:

Trashos

Arcane
Is this the "we take away features, and then we re-introduce them as desirable innovations" scheme of the gaming industry?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
See above

I hope this isn't an Official Codex Staff referendum, because it's been demonstrated that asking the people is only really good for lols. I mourned my brofists when they were taken from me, but have got used to the additional nuance provided by buttons. After all, a simple brofist doesn't provide the opportunity for giggles that the strategic use of the 'citation needed' button can when some retard claims they fucked a horse (or whatever the latest news in the recesses of GD). I do feel that we've wrung all the humour out of buttons, though, and they're mainly used these days to apportion butthurt and retardism, so I wouldn't be too sad if they left. I suspect, as with any loss, I would feel pangs of sadness until all I had left was the warmth of nostalgia.

Perhaps buttons on weekdays and brofists on weekends as a noble compromise?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom