Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WR - General Chit-Chatter/Tidbits

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Damn it Surf Solar, stop fucking old ladies and release your demo.
If SS turns alpha all hope is lost...

Amazing looking (and sounding) stuff, SS; can't wait to play the demo. Only thing I don't like is the full party control, but I'm really looking forward to soloing my way through thick-ass snowstorms and knee-high water environments. :salute:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
As my signature says, I am currently not working on the game. Sorry bros. :/ There will also be some more delays I think, since the departure of the FOnline:2238 server and the lack of people showing up in the 3d board there (which I need for my game as well)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
You could always port your stuff to Shelter at some point when I resu-

:hmmm:

You know that you just can PM me whenever you need something, as been told numerous times. :P

Anyway, I've been itching to do something for the game and did some modelling work again. I also tried out a different render technique, the lighting is a lot smoother now.

fsbosg5.png

Also, a friend is working on some portrait art for the characters and makes it so that they can be layered, meaning it's easy to customize an existing face with details, skin colour etc etc.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That looks incredible.

Thank you. :) I actually started this session because I've read tutorials on how to improve area lighting and make it look smoother etc. I also wanted to learn how to do real light beams in the software I use, but still to no prevail. :(

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That looks pretty damn awesome for someone who's "intactive."

MOAR

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That looks pretty damn awesome for someone who's "intactive."

MOAR

Thank you, but it really was just a test render. Ofcourse the assets are there and done, but in the actual maps the objects won't be so dense that you can only actually walk 1/4 of the map you see. I like eye candy ofcourse, but I also want the player to be able to explore the map. :) As said, I am doing a lot of test renders/scenes lately to just practise texturing and lighting.
Here is a failed test to do "light rays" and some basic modelling for a snake. (the Vault Dweller is obviously shopped in)

fas88swz.png

If anyone has any experience with Vue pioneer and how to do light beams/rays, please drop me a PM. :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fumbled around with some generic desert scrubs/bushes/plants and tiles to help out the former FOnline:2238 team.

g3i2sen.png

I took the screenshot during a bad "time" in the mapper (you can adjust the time of the day) but I like the variation of plants you can place as scenery objects. There is also a rock with custom textures on the left and the tree. The dunes on the tiles are handpainted with photoshop.

Looks nice as always, but doesn't that sand texture suggest nothing should be growing there? The soil looks pretty damn loose.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Practised water etc. again. It's shitty, because it takes me hours upon hours to render and practise, but I never get it right. Animated it looks ok, but 4 hours rendering for one small part of a larger map is simply not acceptable... I will have to look for different rendering techniques in the future

fgldsc1.png

( /w stock WR armor model, simply a test for some dungeon I was always dreaming of)

hdeis6u.png

(part of a dungeon I made with "Infinity engine" style in mind, doing some Underdark area, again huge fail, especially the water)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thanks to those who brofisted the post above, but I would be more interested in if you actually find this is some plausible location? Does this look believable, is there some 4th wall breaking stuff? Is it even feasible to do so much custom art? And to the second screen, does that look like D&D Underdark to you?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The "blue rock" is actually water. :o As said, I have to learn how to do that right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom