Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin - new Quake engine game from 3D Realms

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I also hope the game doesn't fall for the same meme that AD and Ion Maiden do which is overly huge maps. Although Ion maiden's demo map was pretty linear while AD maps are generally interconnected. My favorite AD map ended up being the DM3 remake since it was short and sweet.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From 3DR Disco:

Team meetup! The next two weeks ⁦‪@3DR - Skacky and @KillPixel and ⁦‪‬⁩ are visiting me here in Denmark to wrap up the next milestone on the “unannounced quake-engine shooter”!

Astral Rag

Arcane
tenor.gif

They can sit naked in a inflatable swimming pool filled with spoiled mayonnaise while coding for all I care. The quality of the game is all that matters.

schru

Arcane
Isn't he just so cool, keeping his feet on the table at dinner. That just makes you want to spend time with him and makes you think to yourself ‘Well, I'm glad I can associate with such easy-going people, unlike those tedious squares who don't do cool things like keeping their feet right in my face’. It's such a good thing we've moved past assuming affected, formal poses for photos, every one's just so natural now.

That alone tells you the game is going to be good.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They're doing press tour for the announcement next week:

Short clips taken with phone:

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Title.png

About.png

You are Outlander. Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, you now find yourself on the shores of a dying world. From the consuming darkness emerges a figure cloaked in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, who burdens you with the task of hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. You must journey into the vast gloom to explore ancient ruins, discover forgotten secrets and battle the horrors that lurk within.

Steam_Gif1.gif

Fueled by legendary Quake 1 technology, the veins of WRATH pump with the DNA of revered '90s shooters. WRATH embraces the timeless elements of classic titles such as DOOM, QUAKE, DUKE NUKEM 3D, BLOOD, UNREAL and HEXEN and carries them into the 21st century.

Steam_Gif2.gif

Equipped with an arsenal of 9 weapons of exceptional might and an inventory of 10 powerful artifacts, you must traverse ancient crypts, sunken ruins, corrupted temples and howling forests to bring death to your enemies. But do not underestimate your adversaries, for they are great in power and number. Your mind must be as sharp as your blade if you hope to survive the dangers ahead.

Highlights.png

The world of WRATH is rich with engaging combat, diverse environments and captivating lore. Every element is deftly intertwined to create an authentic and enchanting experience as timeless as the games that inspired it.

Steam_Gif3.gif

Explore a vast world shrouded in darkness, passionately crafted by the hands of expert Quake scene necromancers.

• Traverse 3 hubs and 15 enormous, interconnected levels crawling with hordes of enemies, lore and ancient secrets.

• Forge your path with an arsenal of 9 deadly weapons, each with multiple fire modes.

Know your enemy. Many horrors lurk in the shadows, thirsting for your blood.

Artifacts of great power lay hidden in the dark places of the world. Find them and dominate your enemies.

• Powered by the Legendary Quake 1 Tech, WRATH is an authentic, classic FPS in every way.

Capped at 666 fps, WRATH will melt your soul and your Voodoo 2... But it's okay. Software Rendering is supported!

Create your own worlds. WRATH is built from the ground up to be easily moddable. Make your own levels, weapons and characters. From day one, the very tools used to create WRATH will be available for all.

Gib your friends in classic Multiplayer modes, powered by the renowned QuakeWorld netcode.
Dominate the world of WRATH with 3 other companions in 4 player co-op, LAN or online!

Immerse yourself in a haunting soundscape born from the twisted minds of Andrew Hulshult(Quake Champions, Rise of the Triad, Dusk and Amid Evil) and Bjorn Jacobson (CyberPunk 2077, Hitman, EVE Online).

Steam_Gif4.gif

LevelordSteam.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1000410/discussions/0/1835685838066712893/

WRATH OFFICAL FAQ

What is WRATH?
WRATH: Aeon of Ruin is a hardcore first person shooter, developed in the original Quake Engine, by a Team of Dedicated Quake Scene veterans.

Who is making WRATH?
The vision of WRATH was conceived years ago by Jeremiah "KillPixel" Fox.
Today the game is developed in-house at 3D Realms, alongside KillPixel as the Creative Lead on the project.

Why use the Quake Engine?
The Quake Engine is robust, open source and perfectly suited for a title like this.
While it does present a range of challenges, compared to working with a modern engine, the team behind WRATH are veterans of the Quake mapping scene, and know the engine better than most. It also brings a certain element of authenticity to the game, just like Ion Maiden (Using the Build Engine).

What's the Story of WRATH?
You are Outlander.
Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, you now find yourself on the shores of a dying world.
From the consuming darkness emerges a figure cloaked in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, who burdens you with the task of hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. You must journey into the vast gloom to explore ancient ruins, discover forgotten secrets and battle the horrors that lurk within.

There are a lot of mysteries to uncover in WRATH, which you'll have to experience for yourself!

When can I play WRATH?
As the trailer states: "Taste first blood - Summer 2019".
You'll be able to play WRATH at coming tradeshows such as PAX and Gamescom.
We'll also release the first public version of WRATH during Summer 2019. That's all we can say for now!

Which platforms will WRATH release on?
What will be playable on PC this Summer, while the full version will release on PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch, early 2020

Will WRATH have modding and mapping support?
YES! WRATH will be released with full supports for user mods and maps, and will be released with the same tools we used to develop the game. The source-code will also be released fully at launch (GPL).

Will WRATH have Multiplayer?
WRATH will support the Quakeworld netcode, and will include the basics at launch, such as DM. WRATH will also support Coop for the entire campaign, for up to 4 players. Post launch we're planning to develop and release more multiplayer modes.

What can I expect from the difficulty of WRATH?
WRATH is a tough, but not unfair game. You'll constantly be tested and challenged throughout the experience, while having to adapt to new situations at every corner.

Will there be a Beta for WRATH?
Yes! We'll start accepting closed-beta signups in just a few weeks!
Keep an eye out on our Social channels.

Does WRATH have anything to do with Quake?
WRATH is developed using the Open Source (GPL), Quake Engine, using Darkplaces, which makes it possible for anyone to commercially exploit the engine, as long as the source-code is released alongside the game. It share's nothing else with Quake.

Will WRATH have RPG-like elements?
Mostly, no. However, we do take a slightly different approach to WRATH than it's spiritual predecessors.

First of all WRATH is not a completely linear game. Instead, you can approach each HUB and each level within, at your own will.

It has a certain element of metroidvania in that regard. The game is also relatively deep in terms of lore. If you choose so, you can pick up manuscripts, old maps, drawings, notes and diaries from the old world, to help you on your quest uncovering the mysteries and secrets that awaits you - Or you can choose to completely ignore this part of the game, and run-and-gun your way through. The choice is up to you!

This is amazing! How can I help?
Thank you! You can help by Wishlisting the game on Steam, and help spread the word of WRATH!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom