Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

WTF is with the health center in Expedition?

Discussion in 'Underrail' started by JarlFrank, Sep 6, 2019.

1. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    So I went through the health center and tried to resist all the visions, my Will is 12 so I managed pretty decently.

Went down into the basement, there was one of these strongmen robots who said the Doctor had a psychic connection with me. Then the robot went into the doctor's room and killed him. I also had the option to go in and do it myself. That killed me immediately.

Reloaded a previous save, this time decided not to resist the visions and gave in. This time I survived, but I'm still somewhat confused as to what exactly went on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    some things are not meant to be seen

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sinatar Arbiter

Sinatar
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Spark Mandriller Scholar

Spark Mandriller
    One of the doctors got mutated into a psychic monster ages ago. He wants you to kill him but you need to be mentally ready first, so he connects to you to prepare you. Or doesn't if you resist.
    It's not that bad if you're a low will build. If you have 3 will your resolve is already shit and not enough to resist anything anyway, so it's not like lowering it further matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    i just did it and had enough will to kill him.

the story is p much explained in the tablet you loot out of the corpse in the robot room. take it to seger and read the entry

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Rinslin Merwind Savant

Rinslin Merwind
    You can compensate resolve loss, by gaining perk from talking to Ferryman and discussing his philosophy. Need high Int though.

^ Top  
  7. Sinatar Arbiter

Sinatar
    Can you get the perk with low will? I don't think that's possible.

^ Top  
  8. Spark Mandriller Scholar

Spark Mandriller
    You get it as long as you fail the will checks and then enter the chamber. If you're low will you automatically fail, so just go in and you're done.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    I'll be honest, it's such a cocktease. I WANT to see what the doctor looks like and I WANT to see what we did to him so much and what made the experience 'life-changing' to the point of gaining Body Horror feat.

• Agree Agree x 7
    ^ Top  
  10. hell bovine Arcane

hell bovine
    The dear doctor is an amorphous mass of blobs and every blob gets its turn. Because you enter a new area, that's -1000 to inititative:

*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*wait your turn*

oops, the evil psychic influence caused you to miss all your attacks!

*wait your turn*....

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    the log describe his transformation early. skin falling off, blobs growing ,bones become twisted, his jaws expand, etc. in the end, he probably looking like brood mother with green blobs glowing and trails of displaced guts and bones protuding outside the large mass with slick goo oozing out of him with a big head that's fused to the torso and a mouth wide enough to swallow a person whole.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    :negative:

^ Top  
  13. oneself Arcane Shitposter

oneself
    A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
    You need high will for body horror? I had 3 will and got the perk. There must be an alternative requirement.

^ Top  
  14. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    i assume yo ujust need to survive the horror. Did it with 5 will, was always giving in to mental intrusion.

^ Top  
  15. toro Arcane

toro
    Tchort younger brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    I am more curious about what is on the level with level 6 access....maybe the blob doctor???

^ Top  
  17. Blackmill Learned

Blackmill
    Unfortunately there's a lot of inaccessible floors that I would have liked to explore. Kind of like Tartarus in the deep caverns.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. ciox Learned

ciox
    It's a big ol' Fallout reference, specifically to the Master and the "Corridor of Revulsion".

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)