Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Wyatt's AACWII LP (CSA)

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 20 -
Recruited units for major field armies. Jackson, Longstreet, GW Smith, and T. Holmes have all received 2 star promotions.

New Orleans bay fleet is ready and is moved to Gulf bay area to protect against Union invasions.

T. Holmes is on his way to take over units in Indian territory. GW Smith's division is sent to attack a long Union art. battery in the Shenandoah.

More mines for Jame river, and more Copperheads for Valley and far west.

Built two more HQ support units, one for AS Johnston's army, and one for General Lee when he's ready come spring.

I'm splitting Beauregard's army, leaving one division under Longstreet to hold on at Albermale, while sending Beauregard's weakened army down to the Peninsula in case the Union fleet at Hampton's makes a landing.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 21 -
GW Smith's troops have taken the battery left stranded in the Shenandoah.

Floyd has won yet again against Griffin, causing Griffin to retreat to the NE. Floyd is surprising the hell out of me considering his battle stats.

Beauregard's army is now at James City and putting up defensive works. More Union ships have been sighted off Hampton Roads.

Forrest and his cavalry battalion are moving up to join AS Johnston at Bowling Green. I'll probably transfer any other cavalry in the army over to him and assign him a division. Forrest's 'genius' trait gives him surpriser/cavarly/raider/ and fast movement bonuses. Too good just to let him command a few hundred horse.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 22 -
Well, shit. The French are in Mexico. Napoleon III has given himself a new medal to pin on his chest, and my foreign support level went down to +35. We may have to fight this one out by ourselves.

El punto Muerto! Mierda!
AACWII-1862-French-Mexico.jpg

Arizona territory is officially formed.

Confederate Congress meets for the first time in Richmond.

President Davis is inaugurated.

220px-President-Jefferson-Davis.jpg

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 23 -
J. Johnston's Mississippi army has been sent up north to Columbus KY. Grant has arrived there with a strong division from Cairo IL. Hollins fleet is being put on intercept to stop any reinforcements from reaching Grant from across the river. Grant is isolated and outnumbered! I'm putting Johnston on assault posture. Time to start whittling down the blue tree.

AS Johnston's men are almost ready to move into Kentucky.

Putting together a light division under General Major at New Orleans (just in case). If no Union Gulf invasions appear, I'll send him up north to join one of the Johnsons.

My recruit numbers are exhausted. I have to go forward with what I've got. There won't be any more large unit builds until probably summer.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 24 -
Grant has escaped, and he tore up a bunch of rail lines on his way out of Columbus. He thinks he's safe across the river, but I'm sending Johnston in pursuit. It's a gamble, but for now it seems Grant is still isolated in southeastern Missouri.

First National Draft is issued. +5 WS +100 recruits

And General Martin Sheen I mean Robert E Lee is now ready for action in Richmond!
AACWII-1862-Lee.jpg

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 25 -
Grant escaped... AGAIN. All the way back to the safe guns of Cairo. Cairo's too tough a nut to crack. Will have to pull back to Columbus. A Union ship has been heading south towards Memphis. Hollins is going after it.

Lee is now in command of the Army of Northern Virginia. His four corps are Jackson, Longstreet, GW Smith, and Edward Johnson. A cavalry force under Jeb Stuart is galloping towards Culpeper, as a Union force under Crittenden is besieging the town, looking to steal supplies and rip up rail lines.

Admiral Buchanan sinks two more ships at Hampton Roads. Never would have thought I'd have almost as many naval battles as those on land.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 26 -
Army of Tennessee is going on the offense in Kentucky. For some reason, AI is offering up little resistance there so far. Most of Union resources seem tied up in defending/building in Cairo. I'm going to use the weak middle in Kentucky to push towards Louisville.

Current situation in the west
AACWII-1862-Westspring.jpg

Oh, and balloons. If you're going to throw a party, you gotta have balloons.
AACWII-1862-Balloons.jpg

T. Holmes, now in charge of the Army of Missouri, is besieging Ft. Scott in Kansas. Fremont and his army are still in SE Indian territory. If I can take a region or two in Kansas, his supply lines will be at risk.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 27 -
Polk takes Louisville just as Grant and Thomas are sent by the Union to stop him. The city falls just as the Yanks are seen marching outside of town. Polk prepares his troops for battle.

And promptly whoops Grant's ass.
AACWII-1862-Louisvillebattle.jpg

Thomas attacks next for roughly the same result. Polk wins two fights in a row. +1 NM for winning the battles and taking Louisville. The rest of the Army of Tennessee is heading towards Polk to support.

Dixie is published and becomes the unofficial theme song for the Confederacy.

A few more turns like this and we'll be whistlin' it as we march through Washington.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 28 -
Polk entrenching at Louisville while some militia ordered to hold town in case we need to pull back.

Large Union force assembling at Ft. Monroe on Peninsula. Beauregard continues to keep them bottled up.

T. Holmes and other separate units are pushing into Kansas. Far west Union troops are being sent to protect Cairo and Kentucky, leaving the far west weak. I'm pivoting forces against weak points, looking for ways into Union territory. This is serving two purposes - look for isolated Union elements to destroy, and also keep the Union from doing the same to me in my own lands.

Army of Mississippi is ordered into Cairo. A successful siege there could leave the road to St. Louis open.

Partial Draft declared again.

Two new blockade runners ready for service.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 29 -
Hamilton's Union corps seen near Stafford north of Fredricksburg with a large force.

Army of Mississippi has arrived at Cairo at captured two local batteries. Garrison looks weak, so I'm putting Johnson on assault.

T. Holmes is heading toward Lawrence KS with assault orders. If Kansas falls, I'll pivot Holmes to the east to assist Johnson in possibly taking St. Louis.

Draft recruits used to order replacements and build a KY division for an unused leader.

Sending some troops from Memphis to Bowling Green, just in case the Union decides to cut my supply lines as I push further north into KY.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 30 -
Cairo has fallen to the Army of Mississippi. Cleburne's men have arrived and joined Johnson's force just after the surrender. St. Louis is my next big western prize.
AACWII-1862westsummer.jpg

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 31 -
First significant battle loss. Lyon's troops caught Stand Watie as he was heading north to join Holmes at Lawrence KS and mauled his horsemen - then again, the Cherokee division was outnumbered 3 to 1.
AACWII-1862-Watiebeaten.jpg

Cleburne reached St. Louis before the rest of the Army of Mississippi and attacked a garrison force. Johnson's a few days march away. I'm going to assault the city if I can. St. Louis is a VP city, and if taken will add a ton of national morale and VPs to my column.

Slowly being surrounded at Louisville KY, but the Tennessee men are holding their ground well. Forney's corps is being sent in to take Lexington.

Some more replacement chits ordered.

All things quiet in Virginia, except for a massing of Union troops up by Harper's Ferry and the contingent that continues to build at Ft. Monroe. If they hit me in force from multiple directions at this point, could be a difficult time to find advantage. Nothing seems to be going on out near the WV border, so I'm sending Floyd's division back to support the main army.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 32 -
HUGE turn out west.
AACWII-1862westsummer2.jpg

St. Louis and Lexington fall after several skirmishes. Forney captures 2 art. batteries at Lexington. Moving up several militia to defend Cairo and St. Louis, as Grant has been seen prowling around. General Sigel seems intent on moving south towards Springfield while my forces are up in Kansas.

Tucson has fallen to a Union force. Arizona is now lost. Baylor has been too long neglected to do much except hold on in the far corner of New Mexico.

General Hooker is now at Stafford with a large army. The Union in Virginia seem to be wanting to shift to the east around my defenses. Stuart is at Caroline east of Fredricksburg. DH Hill's division has just finished building and is on his way to help Stuart. Johnson's corps are holding Fredricksburg and may come to their support as well in case of an attack.

If these offensives north cannot be sustained, I may have to pull back in the fall. Don't wanna get caught out of supply in hostile territory when old man winter shows up.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 33 -
Summer might get hot soon in Virginia.
AACWII-1862eastsummer.jpg

Butler's moving on Manassas. If he takes it quick and heads south towards my lines at Culpeper, it might go well. GW Smith's corps is being dispatched from the Valley to support Floyd. Hooker is still across the river, staring menacingly at Fredricksburg.

Out west we're mauling Fremont, but cohesion is getting low. McCulloch's Missouri army is on its way to help out Holmes and Watie's forces. There may be a chance here to corner Fremont and wipe him out. If we can, Kansas and western Missouri are as good as ours.

Prisoner exchange option can now be used, but I'll hold off for now. Using it gives a -1 to morale, and I want my morale as high as possible.

More volunteer premiums ordered with a small bonus for recruitment.

France declines to recognize the CSA. Nothing I can do about it for now. Have to fight this out as if no chance of foreign help is coming, and it looks more and more like it isn't going to happen.

Casualty list for the war so far.
AACWII-1862casualties.jpg

As you can see, we've only lost around 13.5 thousand men so far to the Union's 25k. Fairly bloodless war so far, all things considered. Most of the VP cities are now mine except for Tucson, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. Tucson can be retaken, but Baltimore and D.C. lay within strong fortifications. Taking those may be a bridge too far. Still, VPs are adding up nicely.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 34 -
I was right. It got hot.
AACWII-1862fredricksburgbattle.jpg

Hooker made his play for Fredricksburg, and we were waiting behind solid walls and fences. He lost nearly 23k men to my 6k. Milroy attacks the next day at Albemarle and loses another 12k to my 2k. That's 35 thousand men the Union has lost in only two battles. Maybe they'll keep this up, war might be over before Christmas.

I'm leaving Kirby Smith to hold onto the Valley, and sending Jackson with all possible speed to Albemarle.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 35 -
Pulling Beauregard out of the Peninsula. Leaving a screen force to block the Union at Ft. Monroe. I need his troops up at Fredricksburg. Everything is being gathered for any more Union attacks towards Albermale or Fredricksburg.

Grant is building a stronger force at Perry IN to contest my moves in KY. Bragg's division is waiting for him. Forney is moving back towards Louisville. My northward movements into Indiana might be at risk. Need to consider Union counter-attacks being so far from home.

Holmes/Watie/McCulloch all marching on Leavenworth KS where Sumner is hold up. Sigel is to the north. Maybe we can catch Sumner alone before Sigel can reinforce him.

Johnson and Cleburne's detachment continue to move north - mainly to consolidate gains in Missouri and keep the Yanks from moving back on St. Louis.

Huge amount of replacements needed, but for now I have nothing else to offer.

Baylor is being sent to retake Tucson, as it is an important VP city. Chance doubtful but we'll try anyway.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 36 -
Lee is ordering a general assault towards Stafford where the Union is positioned. All-out attack from all corps. We're going to try and decide this thing here and now. Win, and an open road to Washington is made. Fail, we fall back on defense and look at tomorrow's new dawn.

Holmes and the western forces continue pushing north and east. The rest of Kansas forts and towns are all objectives. Starting to look more and more like a mop-up operation in KS.

Johnson's Mississippi army now has its sights on Chicago (big IF). Cleburne will remain near St. Louis and swat the flies that move in to try to retake it for the Union.

Baylor has retaken an undefended Tucson, but now New Mexico is open to Union raiders. Baylor simply can't defend that much land all by himself, but Tucson is a VP city, the others are not.

Partial Draft declared again. Replacements desperately needed now because of sustained casualties.

Casualty numbers have sky-rocketed over the last few turns. 27k for the CSA, 71k for the USA.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 37 -
Assaults in Virginia continue. Union army has retreated towards Alexandria. Lee is sending everyone in pursuit and is moving his HQ to Fredricksburg.

My movements out west has left my recent gains vulnerable. Grant is now besieging Cairo in an effort to cut off my supply line. Cleburne is on river transports back to Cairo. J. Johnston's army has stopped its northward march and is heading back to St. Louis to await word from Cairo.

Recent draft gave another 200+ recruits, but most of them will be used for replacements.

Black Union troops have appeared at New Orleans, with no support and no leader. AI bug or just bad tactical move, they will soon be dealt with.

CSS Florida and CSS Alabama have joined Semmes' small fleet to combat Union shipping.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 38 -
Continued battles in northern Virginia. Union is hold up in Alexandria. Tens of thousands of casualties, including the loss of General Loring who fell leading a charge. I can feel the Union is cracking, but my troops are heavily damaged and exhausted. Alexandria is under siege. Attack order is given.

Holmes' Missouri force continues eastward. Union troops in Missouri are scattered, but Sumner appears to be trying to make a stand at Lexington MO. Watie is consolidating territory and helping to keep supply lines open.

Polk has assault orders for Cincinnati OH. Forney's corps is anchoring the army by holding firm at Louisville. Bragg's detached division has scouted Union troops under McDowell in Posey IN, possibly readying for a move on Bowling Green or west to support Grant at Cairo. Bragg is moving to join with a cavalry unit under Quantrill to defend Bowling Green. If Bowling Green falls, my entire Kentucky operation is over and I'll have to fall back.

Grant's force at Cairo seems weak and is unsupported. Cleburne has orders to attack him.

After a short rest, Baylor is now on his way to western Arizona to push the Union back out. But now Union troops are seen moving in New Mexico.

The Union black militia in New Orleans has been wiped out. Pemberton is on his way there from Jackson MS to take over defenses.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 39 -
Assaults continue at Alexandria. General Bee falls, and Jackson and AP Hill are wounded. The Union is nearing its end at Alexandria, but so am I.

These sorts of 'victory' cannot be sustained. I smell blood and will fight it out for another turn or so. But if these casualties escalate, I won't have anything left to take Washington with. Pyrrhic victories for the South could spell doom in a long campaign.
AACWII-1862-Alexandriabattle.jpg

Holmes' army is moving towards Sumner at Lexington to push Sumner out. If the rest of Missouri goes my way, Holmes will make an effort to join Johnston at St. Louis for further operations. For now J. Johnston is holding St. Louis. Cleburne moved to attack Grant, but once again Grant was gone. Someone needs to give Grant a post-war job as a magician.

Polk's attack at Cincinnati was a success, but the city continues to hold out, and more Union troops are moving on the city. Tricky decision. One more attack is ordered, though Polk's men are exhausted from constant fighting and marching.

Baylor is one day's march away from western Arizona territory.

Casualties for the war have tripled since the year's start. 94k for the CSA, 131k for the USA. Union defeat morale threshold is 25. They're currently at 56. I can feel them breaking.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 40 -
Alexandria has fallen to my forces at the cost of many thousands of troops. Cohesion and combat levels are tanked. My soldiers can't continue, and winter is coming. Rest orders are given to build the troops back up to strength. Union has fallen back on Washington. Their combat rating is over 4k. That's far too strong for me to attack. Jackson has recovered and is moving to rejoin the army at Alexandria. Bonham is now in charge in the Valley, and Ewell is promoted and given Ed Johnson's corps. Ed Johnson will be relocated to Bowling Green and given control of Bragg's force.

Polk is now facing a large force at Cincinnati under General Stone. Polk will retreat back to Lexington for winter quarters and to avoid being attacked alone. Army of Tennessee is still holding onto Louisville with its HQ there.

Cleburne's men resting at Cairo. J. Johnson is sending a 5k man force under Breckinridge west to take Jefferson MO (state capitol).

New division under Richard Taylor ready at Jackson MS and is put on trains to Columbus KY. Will use him to reinforce J. Johnson or possibly for operations in KY.

Baylor takes western Arizona. All of Arizona is now back in CSA hands. Baylor will stay there for a while to block Union attempts to take it... again.

Another Union fleet spotted at Hampton Roads, including the USS Monitor. Buchanan's fleet needs repairs so he's hold up at Norfolk.

James Seddon appointed Sec. of War. +20 recruits +100 money

Over 500 replacement chits needed. I currently have around 30. Divisions can't get back up to strength if there's no new troops to replace the dead ones. Tough winter ahead for tired, hungry soldiers.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 41 -
Forces at Alexandria are being re-positioned. Longstreet, Jackson, Ewell and GW Smith are getting Beauregard's divisions. Beauregard's now empty army stack is being sent back to Richmond for rebuilding or a move back down to the Peninsula. Everyone at Alex. are at rest except for Jackson, who is being ordered to attack Leesburg on the road to Harper's Ferry. Must make at least an effort to keep the Yanks from counter-attacking.

Polk arrives safely back at Lexington KY. Ed Johnson arrives at Bowling Green to assume command of Bragg's forces, making a new corps for the Army of Tennessee.

Admiral Hollins spots a Union ironclad under Admiral Dupont, but is too weak to pursue, so he retreats back to Cairo for repairs. Winter is slowing down men on land and sea.

Breckinridge takes Jefferson City MO. Missouri state legislature is in disarray. Unionists in MO vow to fight on.

Holmes/Watie now besieging Sumner at Lexington MO.

More cotton harvests are ready. Indian cooperation card is used for Arizona territory. Their allegiance will be uncertain.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 42 -
Army of Northern Virginia is being molded roughly into its historic pattern. Jackson's corps has taken Leesburg, the rest are going into winter quarters at Alexandria.

Beauregard is back on his way to James City down the Peninsula.

More Union ships at Hampton Roads, several moving up and down the river inlets. Buchanan is given orders to intercept, ready or not.

Belle Boyd offers her 'services' to the CSA. Her spying efforts in Washington reveal their strength.
AACWII-1862-Washingtondefenses.jpg

Bit of a challenge for me, to say the least. Even with 'Spoons' Butler in command, that's a hell of a force across the Potomac.

Army of Tennessee is also going into winter quarters. Polk's men are safe now, but very under-strength.

Holmes decided to retreat from Lexington MO after Fremont and Sumner make a stand. No battle is offered. Holmes moves on Leavenworth, which has fallen to Yankee cavalry. McCulloch still holds onto the harbor/depot at St. Joseph MO.

J. Johnston orders all his men onto the defense as supplies run thin except for the vicinity of St. Louis.

Baylor is out of supply in Arizona, but a march out could possibly leave him stranded in a desert. I'll keep them there for another turn or two and see if supplies can reach him. Don't have the resources right now to build any new supply wagons.

Well over 200k combined casualties in the war so far. A bloody 1862 comes to an end.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 43 -
1863 begins.

Winter sets in. Quiet for the most part. New generals ready in Richmond. Will be divided to different departments for new division building.

Full Draft put in play. Will generate +500 recruits at the cost of some morale and VP points. Volunteer premium and regional draft cards used as well. All told, some 600-700 recruits should be made available for replacements and new units.

Baylor organizes the Pimas Treaty under orders from Richmond. I'd gladly trade some Indian troops for a wagon or two of bread and meat.
AACWII-1863-Pimas.jpg

Buchanan wins a bloodless fight against Union ships at Hampton Roads. The Yankees retreat before any ships are sunk.

Blockade runners bring in some supplies and cash, while a couple more merchant ships are sunk by Semmes out in deep waters.

Indianapolis IN, so far my most northern conquest, has been retaken by Union troops.

Mines, Copperheads, and partisans ordered from decision card panel.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Turn 44 -
New divisions being built at Richmond, Louisville KY, and Jackson MS. Replacements ordered for my battered units.

Buchanan catches a Union fleet guarding troops moving into Ft. Monroe and sinks 2 gunboats.

A Union force under General Butterfield lands at Galveston. General Sibley is on the march to Houston to contest the landing, but it will take him almost a month to get there. A new Texas brigade is being built at Houston for Sibley to use when he arrives.

Tons of militia and partisans appear in Missouri to help the CSA. Missouri is a hotbed of activity. Rail lines and supply lines are constantly being damaged and contested. Raiders on both sides are all over the northern part of the state.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom