Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Perkel

Arcane
Meh, spending all this budget on these absurd cockpits when they could be spending it on more ship types.

X4 ship confirmed list already point out this is no X-rebirth and there will be a lot more ships than in XR.
Will it reach X3TC/AP ? I doubt that. There will be no borons so just like that whole branch of ship tree will not be there.

Do these games work as well with a HOTAS as Elite Dangerous? I just realized I haven't replayed an X game since before I got it.

X4 will have support for hotas.
As for flying model it will not be E:D.
Though X:R has in it switch to turn off assists and fly via Newtonian mechanics.
So X4 should also have it.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
x4_screen_064.png

Perkel

Arcane
only 31 days left...
...to find out if I can run it on my potato...

I asked devs and they hve said that we shouldn't expect performance improvements from x-rebirh. Most of vulcan improvements went intp making world and simulatiom bigger.

So if you have something like gtx970 game will be either way cpu bound.
On my gtx980 my gpu runs at 20-30% speed. So fast cpu like i5 at 4ghz is a must

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The potential for X4 seems great, but I'm 90% sure it's going to be a bugfest at release. I'm going to wait at least a couple of months before I buy.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Everything is still possible, it could become the game we play all of 2019 or it could become another X4 "Abortion".

All we have seen so far is a few exstatic devs with silly hats who rave about their own game like hundreds of other devs before, when the actualy game turned out to be a complete trainwreck.

Sorry that I am such a cynic old cunt, and I definitely curious about this, but don't believe it until I see it.

Burning Bridges

Any you, have you read a Makkabb post before?

Makkabb does not play games, he is planning to transfer his consciousness into a virtual existence and needs to find the absolute best fertile ground. It will probably happen in Duel Universe or Star Citizen 2 maybe years in the future but maybe, just maybe it will happen much sooner in X4 and 2018.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any you, have you read a Makkabb post before?

Makkabb does not play games, he is planning to transfer his consciousness into a virtual existence and needs to find the absolute best fertile ground. It will probably happen in Duel Universe or Star Citizen 2 maybe years in the future but maybe, just maybe it will happen much sooner in X4 and 2018.
He does write extremely long-winded posts giving a frame by frame comparison of graphics cards that haven't even been announced yet though, so that's entertaining at least.

Burning Bridges

We already established the "Makabb criteria" for an acceptable game:

>dynamic campaign offering 1000s of hours of gameplay
>fully conscious AI
>ideally modeling the entire universe from galaxy clusters down to planets to single atoms (but at least a full solar system)
>spectacular graphics that runs on 5 year old hardware with 144hz 4K
>costs nothing

in that respect it is extremely likely that he will have something to complain about X4

Burning Bridges

You forgot the point about cost. I believe some people have already paid 1,000$ for star cruisers that doesn't exist.

In Makabb's ideal world Star Citizen would be FreeToPlay with a Lifetime Premium membership costing 20$ or so.

Jinn

Arcane
God I hope this game is good, and that I can play it well with my joystick. It's been awhile since I've played an enjoyable space sim. Looks great from what I've seen, but X3 and all.

Perkel

Arcane
Frankly speaking i don't think X series is great game for joystick. Sure thing you can fly around but unlike something like Elite which basically has only flying here after some hours you will be more focused on 4X part of game rather than just flying around.

Though unlike other games what makes X special is when you actually want to fly yourself you create your own fleets, with squadrons of fighters protecting battleships etc. and then you go for big targets like whole stations or straight up war on huge scale.

As awesome as it is you will need decent way to navigate menus so imho pad is much better way than joystick.
Honestly i would kill for Elite like game with X features.

SC kind of tries to be like that but from what i understand no way you will be able to fly your own fleets unless you actually play multi and even then there will be instancing unlike X series where you can just throw 100 fighters and make a war.

Raapys

Arcane
Great to finally have a proper equipment system, but I was hoping for something more than just 'Generic part type MK X'. Reminds me of SpaceEmpires 4.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
We already established the "Makabb criteria" for an acceptable game:

>dynamic campaign offering 1000s of hours of gameplay
>fully conscious AI
>ideally modeling the entire universe from galaxy clusters down to planets to single atoms (but at least a full solar system)
>spectacular graphics that runs on 5 year old hardware with 144hz 4K
>costs nothing

in that respect it is extremely likely that he will have something to complain about X4

c'est la vie !

Beastro

Arcane
Frankly speaking i don't think X series is great game for joystick. Sure thing you can fly around but unlike something like Elite which basically has only flying here after some hours you will be more focused on 4X part of game rather than just flying around.

Though unlike other games what makes X special is when you actually want to fly yourself you create your own fleets, with squadrons of fighters protecting battleships etc. and then you go for big targets like whole stations or straight up war on huge scale.

As awesome as it is you will need decent way to navigate menus so imho pad is much better way than joystick.
Honestly i would kill for Elite like game with X features.

SC kind of tries to be like that but from what i understand no way you will be able to fly your own fleets unless you actually play multi and even then there will be instancing unlike X series where you can just throw 100 fighters and make a war.

My wish is that they increase cap ship speeds so you don't have to fly smaller ships in order to have some fun action.

There was an old X3 mod that upped them and it made the entire thing fun no matter what ship you picked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom