Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My wish is that they increase cap ship speeds so you don't have to fly smaller ships in order to have some fun action.

There was an old X3 mod that upped them and it made the entire thing fun no matter what ship you picked.
The Split ships were fast as hell. Faster than some M3 fighters even.

Perkel

Arcane
heh it looks like aside from me very few people here played X-rebirth.
Every cap ship had supercruise and i don't think for X4 they will remove it.

This is basically how i explored DLC sectors which mostly didn't have highway systems.
Fly to cap ship, get into its gravity range so it will "pick you up" and then just wait as they boost toward their target which you didn't have on map or you knew about.

cap ship supercruise was basically non stop boost of Albion skunk at 80% of best engines speed (and dashing shield)
it takes about half a minute to cross system with such speed (though it depends on size of system)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The graphics are very sterile, and it feels like the gameplay will be like that also, not a lot of fun and a lot of tedious simulation.

rating_mca.gif
When words are not enough. Empty, sterile environment, sterile gameplay, dead robotoid-like NPCs, exchangeable ships, stereotypical ship upgrades, procedurally generated content... blargh.
At least give me something to make it less sterile: let me upgrade my ship with nice beds, cosy corner, soft pillows, stuffed animals etc.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
The Split ships were fast as hell. Faster than some M3 fighters even.

They were but tat didn't make up for the slowness of everyone else.

IIRC that mod made the Human cap ships go from like 53/ms to 150-180/ms.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought it on their website hoping they don't have to give a cut to Gabe or GoG. Although if I can activate the game on steam Gabe is still winning I suppose.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I bought it on their website hoping they don't have to give a cut to Gabe or GoG. Although if I can activate the game on steam Gabe is still winning I suppose.
Pre-ordering an Egosoft game.

This will end well.

And by well I mean hilariously bad.

Perkel

Arcane
Why it's not in space games? :philosoraptor:

Because space thread is ded with 5 people talking. Imho as a news it works better but as a community thread for sure i will talk there.

Either way 2 days mates.
Prepare bugsprays and few litters of vodka and you will be fine playing it in non patched form for few days.

Until we will learn that trade ships don't trade because devs didn't give them trade drones and we can't cancel trade because such button doesn't exist. State of Xrebirth on release true story.

cw8

Cipher
I hope they release some gameplay video before launch. And please be like X3 with improvements, please be like X3 with improvements, please be like X3 with improvements.

Perkel

Arcane
scimmed over it. Noob player so he only flies around and do nothing of interest.
things that i noticed:

- anomalies - you can get into anomaly which can transport you to completely different system
- UI is very rough artwise.
- performance looks better than i expected, dude kept high framerates most of the time, much better than X-rebirth.
- no crash in 3 hours of prerelease game which is great for Egosoft
- barely any glitch or bug which is also great.

aside from that i got nothing from this video.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
3 hour stream and nothing on capital ships? Or simulated mass ship battles?

Thane Solus

Arcane
most clueless and boring youtuber/streamer i ve seen, GJ Ego soft...now waiting for somebody that actually can play and make a structured gameplay video, i wont buy this at full price anyway (unless is somehow magical...), they dont deserve it.

Perkel probably pre-ordered 7 copies already:P

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
scimmed over it. Noob player so he only flies around and do nothing of interest.
things that i noticed:

- anomalies - you can get into anomaly which can transport you to completely different system
- UI is very rough artwise.
- performance looks better than i expected, dude kept high framerates most of the time, much better than X-rebirth.
- no crash in 3 hours of prerelease game which is great for Egosoft
- barely any glitch or bug which is also great.

aside from that i got nothing from this video.

Knew it was gonna turn out like that so didn't even bother - did he attempt the storylines at all?

Raapys

Arcane
UI is not just rough, it's pure programmer 'art'. Placeholder stuff.

The seamless way ships/stations transition from remote objects to detailed hubs with NPCs and small ships flying around is neat and looks reasonably well implemented. Probably not worth the amount of time and effort they've spent on it, but a nice touch. The actual player movement still looks as bad as in Rebirth though, showing they've never made a first/third person walking sim before.

Ship design portion suffers from the same placeholder UI mess, but functionally looks passable I guess. Most interested in seeing the simulation part of the game though, with markets, production and AI.

cw8

Cipher
2nd livestream, hope there's different stuff shown this time:

Perkel

Arcane
UI is not just rough, it's pure programmer 'art'. Placeholder stuff.

True it looks like something doesn't render any texture as background or anything at all at borders to signal it is not debug menu or something.

Still UI is huge improvement over X-rebirth stuff.

The seamless way ships/stations transition from remote objects to detailed hubs with NPCs and small ships flying around is neat and looks reasonably well implemented. Probably not worth the amount of time and effort they've spent on it, but a nice touch.

Yeah previously in X-rebirth landing was faked. You just got to near landing spot and click dock which took you into station.
It was neat to dock at stations where you could see other ships flying past by but naturally it wasn't as cool as here.

Most interested in seeing the simulation part of the game though, with markets, production and AI.

Yeah this is the feature of X4 i am most hyped about.
In every previous X game kingdom part of game was basically functionable and fun only because of mods.
They were the ones that added faction wars, statistics centres etc.
It always felt like kingdom part was kind of byproduct rather than feature of game.

Perkel

Arcane
he is again streaming

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom