Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

adrix89

Arbiter
Why are there so many of my country here?
So, after the disaster of what shall be not named
It was not a disaster. By Egosoft standards it was a success if people still remember how Reunion was like.
It was the prototype to test the engine in a more limited format.
You are just kids who don't know how Egosoft functions. They were Early Access before Early Access.

What you get on release is just the Alpha. It will take a long time until they fix everything to the point of being a Beta.

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Another way to look at it is that Egosoft has been trying for 20 years to make a decent game and always bitten off much more than they can chew.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It was not a disaster. By Egosoft standards it was a success if people still remember how Reunion was like.
You are just kids who don't know how Egosoft functions. They were Early Access before Early Access.

What you get on release is just the Alpha. It will take a long time until they fix everything to the point of being a Beta.
Reunion was buggy AF, but still a good game.

No amount of patching will make Stillbirth anything less than utter shit.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

I have been playing the X games since "the threat". I know how Ego works. This is a thread about X4, not Stillbirth.
Go away.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This is now the official X4 thread. The one in General Gaming is obviously fake, since space games belong in the space forum.

adrix89

Arbiter
Why are there so many of my country here?
Oh God! They still have the fucking boring walking around stations thing.

If they make boarding ships more interesting, in that you can actually board and fight your way through the ship then I will forgive them.
Also hiring NPCs and manually place them in positions around the ships as crew can be neat, a little bit of FTL opportunity with a mod.

Also a mod possibility to turn it to GTA. Get on a station, hack and steal a ship and make a gateway to a pirate station to sell or unregister to make it your own.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, that's what the X series has always needed. Mods to turn it into other games.

They should also make one to turn it into a shitty decline console space shooter that's nothing like the rest of the series. Oh wait they did that already.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mining action
Dn9LbgjXgAAU-Fo.jpg:large

A docked Paranid Pericles

Teladi Pilot docking

A small courier transporter ship seen from the back

Teladi trading station

DnNI57xXsAAdgdw.jpg:large

Curratum

Remember, remember the launch of X:Rebirthmber!

The people under the trailer seem unreasonably hyped. I can give Egosoft the benefit of the doubt but only after initial reviews tell me it's not a hot broken mess.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
1:01 that's one huge space dick!

LOL. release on November 30th?
They're delusional.
But there are enough gullible people to beta test their game I guess..

Perkel

Arcane
Holy shit. I didn't expect it THIS year. I thought this would be like next year December or something.
Fucking awesome. God help me because i will spend shitload of time playing X4 in about 8 weeks.

God damn i would pre-order this shit regardless of how many bugs i will experience on launch day just to show them support for following what actually fanbase wants instead of Stillbirth but alas they don't take preorders on X4 on steam right now.

For those who don't know:

X3 was buggy game at release but it was and still is fucking amazing one of kind space sim/empirebuilder game.
X-Rebirth was basically their attempt at consolization of genre that backfired. Not only game was design wise shitty like you couldn't fly any other ship that your starting one but it also run like shit and eventually was not released on consoles at the time. Since release they basically rescinded shitload of issues like lack of ability to skip completely walking on those shitty stations for muh immersiun but core issues couldn't be patched like shitty UI, shitty controls, borked class systems of ships with no small or medium ships at all etc.

X4 is basically mea culpa and complete opposite of Stillbirth. This will complete sandbox with slight mission pack for campaign which means it will be even more sandbox than X3 was and there are shitload of features people asked for years for X3 in it.

Curratum

Holy shit. I didn't expect it THIS year. I thought this would be like next year December or something.
Fucking awesome. God help me because i will spend shitload of time playing X4 in about 8 weeks.

God damn i would pre-order this shit regardless of how many bugs i will experience on launch day just to show them support for following what actually fanbase wants instead of Stillbirth but alas they don't take preorders on X4 on steam right now.

For those who don't know:

X3 was buggy game at release but it was and still is fucking amazing one of kind space sim/empirebuilder game.
X-Rebirth was basically their attempt at consolization of genre that backfired. Not only game was design wise shitty like you couldn't fly any other ship that your starting one but it also run like shit and eventually was not released on consoles at the time. Since release they basically rescinded shitload of issues like lack of ability to skip completely walking on those shitty stations for muh immersiun but core issues couldn't be patched like shitty UI, shitty controls, borked class systems of ships with no small or medium ships at all etc.

X4 is basically mea culpa and complete opposite of Stillbirth. This will complete sandbox with slight mission pack for campaign which means it will be even more sandbox than X3 was and there are shitload of features people asked for years for X3 in it.

Guy, game is a slight reskin of Rebirth with shit cockpits, very few of which have been shown. In those videos there's fucktons of asset reuse and the menus are still abysmal. What are you hyped about, exactly?

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I already preordered from their site... I might have a problem. Also, they've been hinting at workshop support. That would be amazing.

Perkel

Arcane
Guy, game is a slight reskin of Rebirth with shit cockpits, very few of which have been shown. In those videos there's fucktons of asset reuse and the menus are still abysmal. What are you hyped about, exactly?

Depends what you want exactly.

If you want StarCitizent/elite immershiun and you wank to digital premium cockpits then this is not your game.
If you look for Mount and Blade in space this is your game.

Simply put there is no other space game like this. I think closest thing to it is EVE online but in EVE online you can't control multiple ships at the same time i think.

Here you can start with small fighter, work your way up to something like your own wing, then start chain of traders, then buy/build your own stations and on and on and on and by the end of the game you will be actually fighting wars with your own fleets jumping from sector to sector trying to wipe out factions.

I already preordered from their site... I might have a problem. Also, they've been hinting at workshop support. That would be amazing.

X-Rebirth already has workshop support which they added in one of early patches.
Though mod community didn't like X-rebirth so there aren't that many mods for it and believe me people worked really hard to shape that turd into actual proper sandbox. Only i think recently there is total overhaul mod that kind of make X:rebirth workable as a game but i didn't give it a lot of time and frankly speaking i am tired of Rebirth after spending with it about 120 hours mostly cursing how fucking shit it was.

Perkel

Arcane

It should be out of Alpha by December next year.

That is rather fast for egosoft. I would assume something like 2020 december going from alpha to beta.
Still even in alpha it will be great game and soon modders will make it into diamond.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
some people never learn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom