Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Will buy Invisible Inc DLC first.

Disgruntled

Savant
All ive wanted after finishing new Xcom was a fresh campaign. This will be an easy purchase if they can build on the reboot.

Gozma

Arcane
In the last couple versions Longwar also made it so your starting position on maps changes randomly. In a lot of cases that's as good as a new map - doing some maps backwards makes them tactically unrecognizable.

GreyViper

Prophet
Prosper confirmed agent of the great enemy.
So is this their take of Apocalypse, with mix of V?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah that does very look Apocalypse-esque with the focus being on a city. I do hope they get rid of the 2-AP, but I know that's a remote possibility.

Disgruntled

Savant
Long War gives you a pretty different play experience. Try it

In the last couple versions Longwar also made it so your starting position on maps changes randomly. In a lot of cases that's as good as a new map - doing some maps backwards makes them tactically unrecognizable.

Ive heard mixed opinions on long war. My impression is that its the same campaign but extremely extended and with more content, variety. I cant help but think Ill find it tedious.
Maybe Ill give it another look

ArchAngel

Arcane
Long War gives you a pretty different play experience. Try it

Ive heard mixed opinions on long war. My impression is that its the same campaign but extremely extended and with more content, variety. I cant help but think Ill find it tedious.
Maybe Ill give it another look
It is same campaign but feels pretty different in both geoscape and battlescape. Base building matters, air combat is not autosuccess and tactical combat has so many options and tactics that worked before no longer work as well and you need to change it up and learn how to do missions properly.
I was able to finish Xcom on Ironman Classic multiple times but Longwar made me learn how to play it again :)

There is an option (Second Wave) at start called Not so Long War, it gives you all the new goodies of Long War but makes the campaign last similar to original campaign and not the new extended version that you heard about.

There is no hope for this game.

When they still pretended the new xcom wouldnt be streamlined they had an interview (or postmortem) where they said the protoype they built that was based on old xcom was INCOMPREHENSIBLE for the younger and current staff.

Disgruntled

Savant
Looks like more of the same. Cant see any major additions but its early days. Reasonably happy. :kingcomrade:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The only good thing about that trailer is that snakeman looks kinda cool. Apart from that seems like it's pretty much a glorified expansion to the first one so my excitement levels are around 0.

Gozma

Arcane
I wonder how cheap they're gonna go on production values? It seems like you gotta move heaven and earth to sell a million copies of something on Steam.

They are also gonna push modder stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom