Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xenoblade Chronicles Coming to Switch 2020

Been wanting to play this classic but can't into Wii. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of my favorite jRPGs, and I hear XBC is possibly better.

Head to 39 min mark for XBC announce.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I don't know. Obvious technical levels of difference aside it looks pretty soulless now.

EDq-BV1f-Uc-AEXh-CB.jpg

Tiger

Learned
Been wanting to play this classic but can't into Wii. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of my favorite jRPGs, and I hear XBC is possibly better.

Head to 39 min mark for XBC announce.

No possibly about it. One of the best games I've ever played and I'm not a fan of Jap RPG games generally. I played it emulated on Dolphin with the HD texture packs. You'll have a blast.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Not sure what to think about the more anime art style, but if they add content its hard to say no.

I'd also want XCX down the line. Still at the top for me in terms of open-world exploration.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Who cares, just port over XCX, the only game in the series that matters.

Perkel

Arcane

If you like pointless fetch quests everywhere.

I finished XC and played a good part of XCX and XCX is a fucking mess.

XC manages to get interesting hook for story and manages to offload typical jrpg tropes with amazing art direction, music, pretty nice combat system and few weird stuff that keeps you going.

XCX on other hand has also interesting hook for story but it fails to do as above. While world might looks amazing, atrocious music, pretty shit gameplay, uber shit pacing and retarded fetch quests kill the game. The whole quest structure is such a mess that it deserves topic on its own. Like you take some sidequest and you are completely locked off from doing anything else. If by chance you will take quest to find some monster part and that monster is very hard to find then yes you will be spending hours upon hours trying to find that monster part and you have no option to not do that shitty quest as every other quest is now locked and you can't continue story.

I would love to see XCX with new music, cut down in half leaving main story intact and focusing only on sidequests that matter.

flyingjohn

Arcane

If you like pointless fetch quests everywhere.

I finished XC and played a good part of XCX and XCX is a fucking mess.

XC manages to get interesting hook for story and manages to offload typical jrpg tropes with amazing art direction, music, pretty nice combat system and few weird stuff that keeps you going.

XCX on other hand has also interesting hook for story but it fails to do as above. While world might looks amazing, atrocious music, pretty shit gameplay, uber shit pacing and retarded fetch quests kill the game. The whole quest structure is such a mess that it deserves topic on its own. Like you take some sidequest and you are completely locked off from doing anything else. If by chance you will take quest to find some monster part and that monster is very hard to find then yes you will be spending hours upon hours trying to find that monster part and you have no option to not do that shitty quest as every other quest is now locked and you can't continue story.

I would love to see XCX with new music, cut down in half leaving main story intact and focusing only on sidequests that matter.
Not to mention the mechs are directly fucked by the pacing.
It takes hours to unlock them and they aren't amazing enough to warrant that wait.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
XCX has amazing pacing (though you have to get into it and you can absolutly fuck up the pacing for yourself.) and the whole *You have to finish the quests thing to continue the story* Perkel is talking about is fake news.

You are limited to 20 simple quests, yes. But those *simple quests" are liiterary just fetch quests.
You can take on as many normal missions as you want + current story or affinity mission.
Taking on fetch or normal quests absolutly DOESN'T lock you out of story missions.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Xenoblade X is the best one and storyfags shat on it because it focused on exploration and gameplay... and now instead of porting X to the switch so more people can play it compared to Wii U they make a SECOND PORT of shitty storyfag xeno 1

I didn't like XBCX other than the graphics. I don't get the appeal at all. It didn't engage me emotionally at all. Playing it for 10 hours or so was a total chore. It had an interesting setup but poorly designed systems such as combat and progression. The alien design wasn't very strong, either.

I'm glad people find it fun, though. Hopefully it leads to them trying XBC and XBC2.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might pick this up. I played this on an emulator, but sold my copy. It doesn't have the best combat, but it felt like a chill game in general. We'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom