Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
[deleted]

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
And it looks like they don't pull a Fallout 4 here. You need to put in 30+ hours to get that Skell Armor, and its expensive to maintain. Good.

I hear that the mecha become redundant after a while anyway because the characters power go way beyond theirs eventually. That's kinda sad if true.

RuySan

Augur
It still has that same stupid MMO combat that Xenoblade Chronicles had. But everything else looks amazing.

Avellion

Erudite
Surprisingly they didnt complain about "Oppreshun!",

RXvXUJp.jpg

instead complaining about not being able to get power armor SKELL in the early on in the game and the game not being accessable enough and something about the risk of being killed by high level enemies, in lower level zones if you go to the wrong place.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
These are my favorite complaints because they are signs of a good game and only a total plethos who would never get invited to the intellectual forums of ancient greece would find fault in them.

Avellion

Erudite
These are my favorite complaints because they are signs of a good game and only a total plethos who would never get invited to the intellectual forums of ancient greece would find fault in them.
Indeed, it is these guys who made me cave in and decided to d1p this game in the end.

Now the question is, Mastermind or Galactic Knight?

Amn Nom

Learned
Codex has review threads now? What is this decline shit? Either way, easily the best looking out of the 4 open world games this year (Xenoblade X, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, and Metal Gear Solid 5). Can't wait to make my character and get lost in the world.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Indeed, it is these guys who made me cave in and decided to d1p this game in the end.

Now the question is, Mastermind or Galactic Knight?

I can't choose between Galactic Knight, Astral Crusader and Full Metal Jaguar. These class names are just too good. :negative:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did I ever mention I hate single console exclusives?
It's pretty much their one reason for existence, so you probably just hate consoles.

For example, one of the only reasons I have a Wii-U is for Xenoblade X.

Avellion

Erudite
Did I ever mention I hate single console exclusives?

Sadly, exclusives is pretty much the only way these consoles can justify themselves. If it were not for games like Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X, I would never have bought a Wii U.

I can't choose between Galactic Knight, Astral Crusader and Full Metal Jaguar. These class names are just too good. :negative:
Galactic Knight. If only for those combat animations.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I know the reason why those exist, but I still hate them.

I don't like consoles much because I think they're redundant and unnecessary in this day and age. I've been sort of eyeing the PS4 because of Bloodborne and the new NieR, but there's no way I'm buying a Wii U. It's a matter of principle. If consoles absolutely have to exist, there should either be just one, and one only, or they should compete in quality of hardware, not in exclusives.

hpstg

Savant

I don't like consoles much because I think they're redundant and unnecessary in this day and age. I've been sort of eyeing the PS4 because of Bloodborne and the new NieR, but there's no way I'm buying a Wii U. It's a matter of principle. If consoles absolutely have to exist, there should either be just one, and one only, or they should compete in quality of hardware, not in exclusives.
Since the world is actually a different beast though, I declare the Wii U the best console to get. We get 99% of the shit the others have, and most of the time what we don't get is similar to what we already have. The Wii U on the other hand has some pretty unique exclusives (like this one), and some awesome couch-with-others games like Mario Kart, that you won't find anywhere else.
The new console hardware is really low spec anyways.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Took me a minute, but I see what you're getting at. Arguably, Nintendo stopped using competitive hardware since the Gamecube sort of flopped, and the Wii did 100x better. I'd say they might rectify that with their new console-y thing (and perhaps you'll get ports as well), but I wouldn't hold my breath. For me, I don't care if the thing is only about as strong as a 360. Its got stuff like Bayonetta 2 and Smash. That's good enough in my book.

You could also wait for that Dolphin equivalent to come out in half a decade or so. If it works. It'll probably have some DS emulator weirdness going on though.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'll be playing this since I am fortunate enough to own a WiiU, aka the Bayonetta 2 machine. This will probably be the last WiiU game worth talking about.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sadly, exclusives is pretty much the only way these consoles can justify themselves. If it were not for games like Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X, I would never have bought a Wii U.

Galactic Knight. If only for those combat animations.
I might, for the Photon Sword. You can eventually level up all the classes anyway so it's just a matter of picking what you wanna do first.
3 more days before this juicy morsel comes out.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Looks too much MMO for my taste (not a surprise since it's a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles). Please Monolith Soft, give me another Baten Kaitos and I'll buy whatever console you want me to buy. Even another Xenosaga could suffice if it's good enough...

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
I think Namco owns these IP so they would need to work together with Nintendo. If anything they will probably iterate on same concept with another Xenoblade on NX while helping with development of other Nintendo games.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Bought it today.

Am excite

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom