Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Yeah, I know the reason why those exist, but I still hate them.

I don't like consoles much because I think they're redundant and unnecessary in this day and age. I've been sort of eyeing the PS4 because of Bloodborne and the new NieR, but there's no way I'm buying a Wii U. It's a matter of principle. If consoles absolutely have to exist, there should either be just one, and one only, or they should compete in quality of hardware, not in exclusives.

Took me a minute, but I see what you're getting at. Arguably, Nintendo stopped using competitive hardware since the Gamecube sort of flopped, and the Wii did 100x better. I'd say they might rectify that with their new console-y thing (and perhaps you'll get ports as well), but I wouldn't hold my breath. For me, I don't care if the thing is only about as strong as a 360. Its got stuff like Bayonetta 2 and Smash. That's good enough in my book.

You could also wait for that Dolphin equivalent to come out in half a decade or so. If it works. It'll probably have some DS emulator weirdness going on though.
kek
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cemu-wii-u-emulator.399524/
If this thing will be actively developed, half a decade doesn't sound too unrealistic.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Censored shit/10.
A couple of people said 8-4 did okay, aside from the lack of boob slider and covered loli tits.

But still, that's reason I didn't pre-order/not buying it new right here, folks. I'm gonna wait it out, see if used copies might get at least in the ~30 range.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Censored shit/10.
A couple of people said 8-4 did okay, aside from the lack of boob slider and covered loli tits.

But still, that's reason I didn't pre-order/not buying it new right here, folks. I'm gonna wait it out, see if used copies might get at least in the ~30 range.

Yeah, lots of people saying that aside from the cut stuff its one of their better efforts. We'll see though.

Its still installing the data packs. Probably won't get to play today :(

deuxhero

Arcane
They did Tales of Hearts R. Compared to that Google translate is a "better Effort". At least it would keep the item gauge intact and not rename a guy "ultramarine" for no reason.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Why do people think of games like chrono trigger or final fantasy as 'action' combat? Too stupid to find the pause button?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
One more day to go. Can't wait to go to the store I preordered the game from only for them to tell me that there were complications with the delivery and I'll have to wait until next week before they get the shipment. Again. As it is every time with those fuck ups.
And I'll just end up going to Gamestop once again.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Waiting with bated breath for Codex impressions. Especially how the MMO combat fares this time around and how bad (or good) the localization really is.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Waiting with bated breath for Codex impressions. Especially how the MMO combat fares this time around and how bad (or good) the localization really is.

I don't know how accurate the localization is at all (outside of the already known changes) and only played an hour, but the prose and grammar have been decent enough so far.

Avellion

Erudite
Based on what I heard,

There is some minor censorship. Breast slider removed, 2 of Lin's armor have been slightly more covered up. Outside of that, I havent seen any complaints.

In terms of combat,

• Healing and healers are still in, albeit different from the typical mmo faire. I can not exactly say how though.
  • Mastermind is a support class. Effectively allowing for a 4th role in the whole thing. A buffer/Debuffer has always been my favorite role in rpgs. But unfortunately they have been very rare.
  • Not only does positioning factor in facing, but it also factors in elevation. Front, side and back are all back, but now there is also below, same and above for elevation.
  • Plenty of room for team synergy. Effective use of skills, team combos and breaking body parts allow parties to take on foes that outlevel them by more than a dozen levels.
  • You can finally give orders to party members by sliding the screen with ZR and ZL
  • Combat is a lot less spammy compared to Xenoblade Chronicles 1, due to cooldown management is way more important this time around.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just got home with the game. No problems with the store getting the game, but instead they claimed that I had spent half the cash from my giftcard that I was saving to buy the game with. Apparently someone with the same initials as me had gone and bought something and somehow they had written it up as me. :retarded:
They eventually accepted the full giftcard but not without great suspicion. I think I'm sticking with Gamestop from now on.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Just got home with the game. No problems with the store getting the game, but instead they claimed that I had spent half the cash from my giftcard that I was saving to buy the game with. Apparently someone with the same initials as me had gone and bought something and somehow they had written it up as me. :retarded:
They eventually accepted the full giftcard but not without great suspicion. I think I'm sticking with Gamestop from now on.

Have fun downloading those data packs (If you haven't already)

Gotta say though, haven't tried the game without them, so have no idea if the original load times are that bad.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Gotta say though, haven't tried the game without them, so have no idea if the original load times are that bad.

I downloaded them two days ago so I'm good to go. Making my character now.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Ahhh, the choice between different shades of anime hair.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Ahhh, the choice between different shades of anime hair.

Very important!

Avellion

Erudite
Played around a bit.

While it is nowhere near Xenogears league (which was to be expected), I enjoyed it quite a bit. I really like how I am seeing high level mobs all over the place, which gives off the fealing that the areas being aribtarily divided by level. With plenty of things way above my league. The tutorial was pretty dull, and the UI and camera controls could be better (or rather, faster).

Decapacitating enemies works really well, and is a lot of fun.

Ivan

Arcane
Since this isn't first party, do yall expect this to drop in price like Bayo 2?

Martius

Liturgist
It is first part since Nintendo owns Monolithsoft at this point. I think its hard to tell, original Xenoblade was pretty expensive thanks to low number of copies printed. Who knows if it is same case now.

After first hour I must agree that tutorial is not that good. Option to skip would be nice since it wont even explain more important parts like class changing.

Branm

Learned
Saw a stream.....saw the combat....what a joke....havent played jrpg's in ages but if this is what they evolved too....geez....pathetic game.

And to open boxes or chests....you tap ....a ...great game design lol

Duraframe300

Arcane
Saw a stream.....saw the combat....what a joke....havent played jrpg's in ages but if this is what they evolved too....geez....pathetic game.

And to open boxes or chests....you tap ....a ...great game design lol

Uhm. What?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't know how I missed it, but Skills can be leveled up with Battle Points, just as the Arts can. My damage went up significantly when I leveled my passives. How are you guys doing for cash? I'm pretty strapped myself. Barely can afford a full set of gear my level for one character, let alone a whole party. Think I'm gonna have to set up a lot more Research probes. I'm liking the game so far, it's a significant upgrade over Xenoblade. I think this game might be my 2015 GOTY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom