Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Xenoblade, finally a good JRPG?

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Humanity has risen!, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    It's OK, I have Intel i9 now. I can run all these emulators at solid 30 fps, esp. PCSX2.

^ Top  
  2. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The game looks great in Dolphin. it's absolutely worth it. I stopped playing this after playing it for 14 hours. I do intend to finish it someday. I like everything about it. Exploration is great, music is masterful. Graphics are nice and all that. Combat is my least favorite part though, and you will be fighting a lot. I hope to beat this in the next two years.

^ Top  
  3. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Yeah OST reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII OST which was simply superb. Though game doesn't suck like FFXIII

Battle themes for it are simply 10/10 and fits so well with combat. I clocked almost 100h but it never even once complain about it listening same 2-3 music scores.

Honestly after a day i think landscape and music that fits so well with each other is what makes this game for me. There is something magical about running on Gaur Plains listening music and all those fauna moving across hills and plains.

Gaur Plain Music:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I agree with you completely. The soundtrack actually raises the enjoyment you get from playing the game.

The only reason I have any interest left in Final Fantasy XV is because Yoko Shimomura is responsible for the soundtrack. I'm a big fan.

^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    I know many people still have hope in FF comeback but i don't fucking believe it will.
    Nomura sure does have skills but most of stuff responsible for good JRPGs is not at SE anymore. What is left is Enix and suits.

SE is dead.

edit:

I think i missed phrase.

Xenoblade perfectly encapsulates what it means to go on grand journey even if there are problems it definetely fits this sublime genre.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Yeah, that's basically what I liked the most about it. The battle system could have been more tactical, but it gets the journey aspect down pat.

Plus I'm still amazed at how they pulled off such massive maps with the Wii's technology.

Ah, Gaur Plains. Yeah, I pretty much hear that in my head whenever I go hiking now.

^ Top  
  7. Keldryn Arcane

Keldryn
    Yeah, that really pisses me off. I bought a 3DS XL about a year and a half ago, and my wife also has a 3DS XL. No way are we buying a new 3DS version just to play one game.

With Xenoblade Chronicles X currently in development, I'm surprised that they aren't porting the original over to the Wii U instead. Sure, the 3DS has a much larger install base than does the Wii U, but the New 3DS that is required to play it has ZERO install base.

^ Top  
  8. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Apparently if you moon jump cheats the other locations you see out in the distance are the real things, not stand ins.

^ Top  
  9. Blackguard Learned

Blackguard
    Why would they bother porting it when Wii U is fully BC?

^ Top  
  10. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Probably because there are not many copies around and used ones are very expensive. I managed to find new copy in one shop and thats all. Someone would think that Nintendo could print more copies but nope, Gamestop exclusive! At least in USA, I dont know how it was in Europe. Still, its just very hard to find copy anywhere.

^ Top  
  11. Hugstari Educated

Hugstari
    Can't say i aggree with you combat essesment. Fighting and defeating higher level enemies and bosses is possible at lower levels. It's all about using the correct setup, battle tactics and a little bit of luck.

Here's just one video of many of somebody defeating a superboss when he is less then half the level of said boss. And he didn't even go the cheap and easy way of topple locking.

^ Top  
  12. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    5. The game also plays like trite MMO shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. nihil Augur

nihil
    Project: Eternity
    I'm pretty sure the Wii compatibility is hardware-based, not emulated.

Xenoblade, though. I tried to like it but couldn't. It just feels like a single player MMO to me, with huge landscapes void of anything interesting to find. Just collectibles and monsters and fetch quests following the same boring patterns. I like the music, though.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)