Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xeres' Return for Gothic II

Sjukob

Arcane
So I recently stumbled upon this mod and wanted to try it out, but english translation seems to have some issues, plus the developers stiffed out source files for russian translators and told them to wait for some big patch, mind that the guys were asking for those files for several months before they were heard (and polish translation has been available for a while now) and that big patch was announced something like half a year ago and it still wasn't released. Additionaly the mod itself is only distributed via download manager or some shit called "Spine", which requires you to register before you are able to use it. And so I wanted to ask if anybody here is familiar with this mod and if it's worth the hussle to install it and play it in english, or is it better to wait or even just ignore it ?

Sjukob

Arcane
Spine is really useful tbh. It allows you to install most mods for Gothic 1/2 fairly painlessly with one or two clicks through its expansive database of nearly every mod available for the games. https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_540.htm
I've never had troubles with installing mods, besides majority of them are not translated, so it's not like I have to manage an extensive amount of them or anything.

Skdursh

Savant
Spine is really useful tbh. It allows you to install most mods for Gothic 1/2 fairly painlessly with one or two clicks through its expansive database of nearly every mod available for the games. https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_540.htm
I've never had troubles with installing mods, besides majority of them are not translated, so it's not like I have to manage an extensive amount of them or anything.

It allows you to install mods without altering the core contents of the game, meaning you don't need to reinstall the game, delete/move files around or anything else. I mean to set up a modern copy of just the base game right now with the NotR expansation requires at least 4 separate installations beyond the game itself. Spine just streamlines the process and brings all of the mods together to view in one simple menu. No need to dig through forums or the UX nightmare that is worldofgothic.de.

Sjukob

Arcane
t allows you to install mods without altering the core contents of the game, meaning you don't need to reinstall the game, delete/move files around or anything else. I mean to set up a modern copy of just the base game right now with the NotR expansation requires at least 4 separate installations beyond the game itself. Spine just streamlines the process and brings all of the mods together to view in one simple menu. No need to dig through forums or the UX nightmare that is worldofgothic.de.
Sounds good, I will check it out some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom