Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

sullynathan

Arcane
DjoW3WpVAAAz7Y4.jpg:large

Morkar Left

Anybody else has problems not getting the gamepad recognized? It works for other games and I'm kind of clueless now...

Ok what gamepads do you guys use? PS4 one? Have to decide to buy another gamepad or refund. KB and mouse isn't really an option here...

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anybody else has problems not getting the gamepad recognized? It works for other games and I'm kind of clueless now...

Ok what gamepads do you guys use? PS4 one? Have to decide to buy another gamepad or refund. KB and mouse isn't really an option here...

The old Xbox 360 pad works for me, I never got any problems to get it recognized by a game.

Morkar Left

The old Xbox 360 pad works for me, I never got any problems to get it recognized by a game.

Thanks, but I just found the solution! If you to actually go into Steam settings and activate the gamepad there... besides the gamepad already working on every other game and steam itself. Didn't even know there's an option to handle gamepads on steam.

Jinn

Arcane
So let me share some adventures I've had in Yakuza 0. MINOR SPOILERS ahead, for the sensitive type.

I've trained a novice dominatrix to harness her inner bitch, so that she could overcome her fears of confrontation.

I've produced a television segment at the spur of the moment, only to end up kicking the original producer's ass, while inspiring the crew in the process.

I've infiltrated a cult on behalf of a worried mother, stopped a possible Guru rape situation with an armchair beatdown, then returned the daughter to her mother with heartwarming results. Got a cool equiptable talisman along the way too.

I fought an elementary school child the size of a healthy adult male, so that I could steal back the pants he had stolen from a highschool kid. The child did it for good reason, and is coming for my pants next.

Shortly thereafter, I assisted a street performer acting as a statue to go take a piss by distracting the crowd, so as to not shatter the dreams of a child in the audience.

This game is very good.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the craziest part about shogi is absolutely the capture/drop system. so on top of your regular chess strategy, the enemy and you can drop captured piece to set up a surprise attack. the few close win i got are turned around by enemy dropping a fucking piece. how do you even figure this shit up ?

PrettyDeadman

Can someone recommend me how to progress through Majima's Thug Style training?
Second training requires you to hold block while at 1 rage bar, but the problem is it feels literally impossible for me to go below 2 bars due to combination of traits (rage regen at low health, heat retention and etc.).
How do I do this???
The strange thing is, I don't remember having constant 2 bars of rage in regular fights. It only happens in this one...

lLii2td.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyDeadman

Lost a chapter of progress due to this fucking bug...
What a scam...

Ivan

Arcane
So I've just started this...is the intro frontloaded with cutscenes? Will I be let free to explore soon?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yes. Pretty much the only explorations limits you have once you're let loose are two minigames one in each city that are locked until you get further into the story, and the business sidequests (this is not to say you can't make progress in these beforehand, both have links to other substories) which are also introduced later in the story.

Can someone recommend me how to progress through Majima's Thug Style training?
Second training requires you to hold block while at 1 rage bar, but the problem is it feels literally impossible for me to go below 2 bars due to combination of traits (rage regen at low health, heat retention and etc.).
How do I do this???
The strange thing is, I don't remember having constant 2 bars of rage in regular fights. It only happens in this one...

lLii2td.jpg
The easy way of getting through Komeki Enlightenment Arts is to just run away for a moment since overtime your Heat will begin draining away if you aren't making any Heat gains. You either stop before first bar drains away, or you empty completely and then slap Komeki around a bit to go to first bar and start blocking.

(I would warn ahead of time that by far the hardest training sessions are with Fei Hu, but thankfully even Fei Hu bows before the mighty baseball bat nunchaku twirl.)

PrettyDeadman

The easy way of getting through Komeki Enlightenment Arts is to just run away for a moment since overtime your Heat will begin draining away if you aren't making any Heat gains. You either stop before first bar drains away, or you empty completely and then slap Komeki around a bit to go to first bar and start blocking.
(I would warn ahead of time that by far the hardest training sessions are with Fei Hu, but thankfully even Fei Hu bows before the mighty baseball bat nunchaku twirl.)

It was some kind of bug (or a trinket what I've had). I've redone it and it was okay.
Overtime did nothing, since I was pasisvely gaining more heat than losing due to overtime, and I wasn't losing heat due to getting hit after second bar.
The only way to lose heat beyond full second bar was using a 3-bar move, but after that the heat would've regened back to full 2 bars before trainer would stand from the ground...

Ivan

Arcane
Just got my first side quest, no markers, just dialogue, to meet the master fister. Do I need to remember the street he gave me, or is it documented on the map? Haven't come across any side content thus far.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Just got my first side quest, no markers, just dialogue, to meet the master fister. Do I need to remember the street he gave me, or is it documented on the map? Haven't come across any side content thus far.
side content come in dozens after you beat the first boss

PrettyDeadman

Does KB/M not work at all with Yakuza or is it like Dark Souls?
I actually found out that Thug Style Annihilation Technique is impossible to do with gamepad, but works perfectly fine with keyboard. Too bad it is kinda useless, but you still need to do it to pass the training.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The map shows the street name when you use the cursor the highlight a street.

By your second Yakuza game, you stop needing even that because you'll get so well-acquianted with Kamurocho as a locale. That's one of the things I noticed very quickly in what separates Yakuza from say GTA, I could remember my way around Kamurocho down to knowing where Children's Park 3 is but in Liberty City and the entire state of San Andreas entire highways would be in cat memory of 10 seconds. It isn't just the smaller scale, since GTA obviously has the cash, time, and manpower to put in as much visual detail as they care to, it's that those places don't feel like real places in the way Kamurocho or Sotenbori in Yakuza do (though Onomichi IS a real place, which is kind of heartwarming given how achingly beautiful the little town is).

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I immediately turn off the minimap as soon as i knew i can get it off. Much more immersive and it is actually quite easy to navigate because all the buildings are unique or at least there are buildings that stand different enough to function as waypoint/landmark to navigate.

The few times i get stuck, just open the map and it will show streey name, that is cool.

This is basically warren spector's city block open world dream game.

Also the side content are awesome, it goes from hilarious, to extraordinaryly heartwarming. From little boy with dragon quest 3 game, to ex yakuza who had a plastic surgery to ward off hitmen and wish he can play catch with his son once more.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom